Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

WARNING - Steam UI Beta

Apparently this beta is causing some problems with your games installed, so we would recommend that you don't update to the new UI if you are given the option until after the event as it may cause you to have to reinstall some games while you're at the LAN (which obviously we dont have the spare bandwidth for if it does).

Guest Fatal

i have no problems with it here seems like im one of the lucky ones

Some people have had games deleted so as long as you have a fairly recent Steam backup you'll be OK. I've tested all my other games and they are fine.

It's looking like any game that uses Steam Cloud can be affected - L4D and TF2 included. Might extend to Steamworks products too.

Another reason to avoid it is because its dire.

yeah i lost Company of Heroes, but luckily i had a recent backup and i will be bringing my steam cache on External HDD and possibly upload it to FTP if required but i believe we have many of the game gcfs already on there!

Guest Fatal
Not seen anything about this yet - is it offered as an optional update or something?

Its a optional beta participation. I really like the new look :D

Guest Cheez

Couldn't play TF2 at epic.Three because of the new Steam UI :(

Couldn't play TF2 at epic.Three because of the new Steam UI :(

Didn't you just go back to the normal UI? When it started playing up for me I went back to the old UI

Guest Cheez

Yup, and Steam informed me it would have to redownload all the game content.

I trued downloading the cache files from the FTP but it was having none of it. With the cache files it would try to start but then say "there's a problem with your game files and they will have to be downloaded again".

Use the beta now, you know because you don't need any info on the popup boxes >.>

Yup, and Steam informed me it would have to redownload all the game content.

You don't keep backups? :P

Guest Zenith

You what?

Backups of all those GBs of data?

Don't be silly. :)

140gb just on Steam?!

I remember using IBM PS2 computers with 5mb hard drives!

Never did assembly but remember the sheer elation of freedom when I got a Vic Expander which gave me 8k more RAM and the ability to draw circles!

Guest Cheez

Backup my steam folder when, all but 2 or 3 weekends a year I can download it all again in an hour or two?

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter