Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Astrolox

Werewolfs

Hi,

I think we had some really good werewolf games last night. Thanks to everyone who played - Even the "ghosts" were enjoying it.

Also thanks to everyone who moderated the game before I did, even those of us were moderating for the first time did a really good job.

The last game started with 23 players (fab participation, thanks!) and at one point we ended up with a self confessed werewolf as the sheriff and yet the whole village chose not to lynch him!

Due to the number of players in that (the last) game we introduced some new cards. What do you think? Did it work? Was it too confusing? Did it take too long each night?

What do you think about the defender card?

It was first time using the Piper card, in fact I think it's probably the first time we've used that card at a LAN at all. Talking with people after the game there seemed to be mixed feeling towards this card. The main confusion seemed to be over whether or not finding out who the piper is, ends the game; Sorry I didn't describe that during the game very well. In fact I think I forgot to describe the win conditions at all. Erm, in hindsight being tired and a little tipsy probably doesn't make for a moderator ;)

For clarification the way I understand the card (and therefore the way we were playing it last night) is that the card has the purposes;

1. To influence the lynching aspect of the game. Ie. the werewolfs can use it as an excuse to try to convince you to help lynch villagers.

2. To make the game more interesting, and difficult, for the Piper. The end goal for the piper is the same as any other villager - to survive - but by being the piper he has a big bullseye on this head and he has to try and deflect that attention away from himself.

3. Ultimately the point is to make the discussions and accusations more interesting. I think it did this, but at the expense of the night cycle taking a lot longer.

So in conclusion I think that I may have described the piper card badly, sorry... looking past that though, and maybe with a few tweaks, do you think that it should be tried again in the future?

--

Tonight (Saturday) we have pub quiz at 8pm, etc.. so if we're playing more it will be after midnight. If it does go ahead we may wish to go with gunmen's suggestion of trying out mafia instead, or perhaps as well as werewolfs. In case you don't know mafia and werewolfs are basically variations of the same idea ... so please let him know if your interested in playing mafia instead of werewolfs (I think he needs to make cards if we're going to play).

http://forums.epiclan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1206

I'd like to join in tonight, so if you'd like to do a tannoy announcement or something that'd be great :)

I dont really see why we would need different cards for it? As mafia is essentially the same game, also adding new and unusual roles wont work as people are not experianced enough yet. But thats just my oppinion.

Deffinatly up for running a mafia game tonight at about 12-1230 ish cards being made as we speak for about 27 players there after we will wing it anyone new to mafia/werewolfs come find me (table with sonic on and warning tshirt) ill go through if enought people come forward i may run a beginers game so people can see setup etc

Hi,

I think we had some really good werewolf games last night. Thanks to everyone who played - Even the "ghosts" were enjoying it.

I think its the whole air guitar wanking that pretty much made that game AWSOME

Also thanks to everyone who moderated the game before I did, even those of us were moderating for the first time did a really good job.

Was my first time running one hope things went well gonna try another big game and double gm just to help run it etc

The last game started with 23 players (fab participation, thanks!) and at one point we ended up with a self confessed werewolf as the sheriff and yet the whole village chose not to lynch him!

Hope for another good amount of people again tonight seem to be having ALOT of fun with all this anyone that wants to play even if they are new the are welcome

Due to the number of players in that (the last) game we introduced some new cards. What do you think? Did it work? Was it too confusing? Did it take too long each night?

What do you think about the defender card?

It was first time using the Piper card, in fact I think it's probably the first time we've used that card at a LAN at all. Talking with people after the game there seemed to be mixed feeling towards this card. The main confusion seemed to be over whether or not finding out who the piper is, ends the game; Sorry I didn't describe that during the game very well. In fact I think I forgot to describe the win conditions at all. Erm, in hindsight being tired and a little tipsy probably doesn't make for a moderator ;)

For clarification the way I understand the card (and therefore the way we were playing it last night) is that the card has the purposes;

1. To influence the lynching aspect of the game. Ie. the werewolfs can use it as an excuse to try to convince you to help lynch villagers.

2. To make the game more interesting, and difficult, for the Piper. The end goal for the piper is the same as any other villager - to survive - but by being the piper he has a big bullseye on this head and he has to try and deflect that attention away from himself.

3. Ultimately the point is to make the discussions and accusations more interesting. I think it did this, but at the expense of the night cycle taking a lot longer.

So in conclusion I think that I may have described the piper card badly, sorry... looking past that though, and maybe with a few tweaks, do you think that it should be tried again in the future?

--

I liked the way it worked just a bit too late for such a big game like that hopefully things tonight may run a bit smother but was a good chance to give people new experiences i loved it

Tonight (Saturday) we have pub quiz at 8pm, etc.. so if we're playing more it will be after midnight. If it does go ahead we may wish to go with gunmen's suggestion of trying out mafia instead, or perhaps as well as werewolfs. In case you don't know mafia and werewolfs are basically variations of the same idea ... so please let him know if your interested in playing mafia instead of werewolfs (I think he needs to make cards if we're going to play).

http://forums.epiclan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1206

Thanks for bumping the game tonight All welcome like i said. If you need help or worried about playing let me know i can go through rules etc before hand and maybe setup a small beginers game for people

I've made up enough cards for 27 people to play, so we'll give it a try. If people don't like it, back to Werewolves it is!

I dont really see why we would need different cards for it? As mafia is essentially the same game, also adding new and unusual roles wont work as people are not experianced enough yet. But thats just my oppinion.

Well there have been plenty of people who've never played Werewolves before and they got into the swing of it pretty easily, thought we could Mafia Game out and like I said just bail on it if it's a flop.

I'm also worried about completely new stuff - but then as you said the new people seem to pick it up quickly anyways. Just need to make sure that the moderator over explains everything the first time around.

We could just use the werewolf cards - but new cards with explanations on them isn't a bad idea either, just don't want you to put in lots of effort if the eventual conclusion is that we'll only play one game. Anyone got some paper plates? ;)

I also have a deck of standard playing cards on me, btw.

Personally I'd like to play more werewolfs as I know and understand it now.. but I'm more than happy to try something new. If we have enough time and players then I suggest we do at least one game of each.

I think I'll try and find a notepad and pen for the GM though.

Guest daftchip
at one point we ended up with a self confessed werewolf as the sheriff and yet the whole village chose not to lynch him!

I DID SAY I CAN TALK MY WAY OUT OF ANYTHING!

im up for either but must say id rather stick with werewolves as its basically the same game? just it makes it less difficult for the newbies to learn new names and figure out what they were when they were playing werewolves the night before.

ps i dont like the piper....

I also have a deck of standard playing cards on me, btw.

Me too ;) -- i'm sure we can think of something to use them for...

Winbar and/or Swyft can play 52 card pickup or something :D

Winbar and/or Swyft can play 52 card pickup or something :D

Isn't that 104 card pickup? :D

I was meaning a deck each ;)

The last game we had (this morning) was fantastic [i don't know if you guys went on to play a smaller one afterwards], but we started with around 15-20 people, and a werewolf didn't die until one of his fellow werewolves nominated him when there were only 5 people left!

But anyway, awesome game(s) thanks :)

The last game we had (this morning) was fantastic [i don't know if you guys went on to play a smaller one afterwards], but we started with around 15-20 people, and a werewolf didn't die until one of his fellow werewolves nominated him when there were only 5 people left!

But anyway, awesome game(s) thanks :)

That game was very well played by everyone and was just awesome! We actually had people arguing about what they thought other people's cards were - I love it :D

Some great games thanks! I also think mafia games will run smoother now that we are more familiar with how it runs.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter