Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Elsie

Epic Three ... Thanks!

OK, so I know I am tool old for this LAN stuff and on some games I got my bottom handed to me on a plate ... but all the same, what a great experience and one I hope (job situation and She Who Must Be Obeyed permitting, I can do again.

Highlights and thanks (amongst many)

The pub quiz with "Army of Two" and coming fourth

The games of BF2 with _Jay_ and Bicko (play some IO next time!!!)

Quake 3 on Sunday morning with Fatal, GotenXiao and Vertigo - I loved that!

Not being told off for eating junk, drinking crap and playing computer games :D

Robert in seat C7 for caring when my PC died - thanks!

Graeme and Russell from Kustom for sorting me out with a new sound card, phones and being top blokes

The games of Trackmanina ... I came 4th in the first round and I can't live with players like Fatal & Blind - they're too quick for me!

Quint - without whom I wouldn't have know about Epic and would never have been here. Thanks sir, as usual I am in your debt.

Lowlights .... trying (stupidly) to update sound card drivers on Sunday morning and royally fecking up my PC ... then getting it going with 30 seconds left in Trackmania. Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!

Finally, my thanks go to the Epic event staff for putting on this LAN and making it so enjoyable. This was a great event and has, IMHO, a nice amount of people with some great extras like the Pub Quiz, the big screen, game announcements etc that add to the occasion. Now if only I actually knew what the story behind Haden's Mum was I would've enjoyed it that little bit more :P

Thank you to everyone, staff, players and anyone connected with the event for making this old man very happy for a couple of days. Gentlemen (and 5 ladies?!), I salute you!

PS ... someone explain how the Batman Butlers answer was reached in the hunt? The question and first clue never made any sense!

PS ... someone explain how the Batman Butlers answer was reached in the hunt? The question and first clue never made any sense!

Wasn't that the scrabble one? The second line of the question was the only important part. If I remember correctly the bit about Batman's Butler (Alfred Pennyworth) was irrelevant.

and ... yes... A big thank you to the epic staff!!

If I remember correcty clue was

Batman's butler, emo people dancing, fall on cheeks. This lead you to Alfred (being Batman's butler), Moshing (what emo people when they dance) and Butts (your arse!)

Alfred Moshing Butts invented scrabble

The original clue was how much is Epiclan worth. This now obviously means on a scrabble board. 6,3 (or was it 3,6) across meant go to a specific tile on the board and then put in epicland scoring in normal scrabble terms, eg triple letter points

Now only of there was an explanation of all the other hunt clues.

I think that ythe text said "3,6", but later a clue was added which was an image showing epiclan placed on a scabble board at 6,3.

We got the scrabble idea without finding out about "Alfred Moshing Butts". Makes sense now that you've explained it. I'd just written that part off as a ruse. This explains why we found that question so annoying now. Also would have helped if we hadn't got the math wrong on our first attempt.

I/we could explain the other questions, but I don't remeber them exactly... so it's probably best left up to the staff.

Thanks for the explanation but it was too cryptic for me until the scrabble board appeared. Besides, emo's don't mosh, they might jump around but it ain't moshing. I've been at the front of enough Slayer / Anthrax / Megadeth / Motorhead stages to know what moshing is!

... but the next one regarding "Nothing" and the morse code and someone saying "serve him" or "serv en" at the end made me give up completely!

Thanks for the explanation but it was too cryptic for me until the scrabble board appeared. Besides, emo's don't mosh, they might jump around but it ain't moshing. I've been at the front of enough Slayer / Anthrax / Megadeth / Motorhead stages to know what moshing is!

... but the next one regarding "Nothing" and the morse code and someone saying "serve him" or "serv en" at the end made me give up completely!

The morse code wav needed reversing. Once reverse the speech said "reverse" and the morse code was correct.

I got as far as the video with the 5 locations. Couldn't work it out at all :(

I got as far as the video with the 5 locations. Couldn't work it out at all :(

That one was very hard. Took us ages to do it, and had the staff standing over us taunting as well.

Guest Fatal

Quake 3 was awsome :D was great fun :P Trackmaina was just well fun for me :D

Quake 3 was awsome :D was great fun :P Trackmaina was just well fun for me :D

Aye, I loved that ... especially as I had only set the game running as I was bored! To find humans(!) playing on there was even more fun!

Guest Fatal

humans(!) you say last time i checked i was breathing :P

Maybe a good idea to include it as an organised game for the next LAN? I know it's ancient but there's many a good tune played on old fiddles!

Guest Fatal

Quake generally is awsome and i agree a organised game is required at the next event :D

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter