Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Saboo

Leader's Debates

So, who else is looking forward to seeing how these three "debates" pan out?

April 15th - 2030 ITV1 (Domestic Affairs)

April 22nd - ~2000 Sky (Foreign Policy)

April 29th - ~2000 BBC1 (Economy)

ITV have gone all Social Media and will be analysing Twitter updates to work out how favourable viewers are being to each leader as well as letting you post updates to your wall on Facebook using Connect to "engage your friends".

ME!!

I love elections of all types and I have stayed up to watch every General Election since 1979 ... but the streak comes to an end this year as I have to be at Manchester Airport on Friday 7th may at 07:30 so I'll miss some of it.

I've never really been one for politics, but this year some of the parties will directly influence me so I will definitely voting. I'm not one for watching things like this though... I tend to just read websites and that's about it..

I remember the London Mayoral elections... that was good times!

Voted, trained up to Crewe and watched the results from the local elections, flew to Dublin and caught the result of London in a bar....

I remember the London Mayoral elections... that was good times!

Voted, trained up to Crewe and watched the results from the local elections, flew to Dublin and caught the result of London in a bar....

Followed by multiple toasts to Boris!

Interesting site, Blind. Matched me up as expected. (i.e. yes, I like who I'm voting for but only 58%... I still am not happy with all the parties :D)

The survey matched me correctly ... but dissapointed there was no Monster Raving Loony option.

Guest Zenith

Speaking of tools on the web, I liked this site...

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/

I have 1.217 votes because my constituency is VERY marginal.

Conservatives won by 12909 vs 12776 for Labour in 2005 (133 majority). It is the second most marginal seat for the Conservatives and the 5th targetted seat by Labour. It is considered the 3rd most marginal seat out of all 650.

Or to put it another way, I have 4.82x more voting power than the average person. Yes, I do *actually* have some influence on the final result. :)

Guest bindip

i found my self agreeing a lot with nick clegg.

I have 0.006 of a vote as my MP is Dennis "The Beast Of Bolsover" Skinner, who is not only a great constituency MP but is in the top three for spending the most time in Parliament and claiming the least in expenses. This is about a safe a seat as is possible!

Guest Badgerr

Brown and Cameron spent too long bickering with each other about air-brushing and smiley photos in election campaigns, while Clegg answered the questions and was straight about what needed to be done.

So...reactions to the debate?

I only watched bits of it as I was playing at the time.

My overall impression watching it was how sulky and rude Gordon Brown was. While Cameron and Clegg allowed the other people to speak , Gordong Brown was shaking his head and generally looking sulky. I found it all a bit childish from him.

With regard to content. Clegg obvisouly won this debtate. Cameron had high expectations which he would never live up to. Brown was his normal statiscal basis with I understand only appeals ot labour voters and not the floating voter.

With regard to closing speeches, we Clegg showing you coudl write down names of people who asked questions and what they asked about, Brown i haven't a clue as his voice just bores me and turns me off, and Cameron talking about what you can for your country. Closing statement wise Cameron blew the others off the stage.

Next debate will be much mroe itneresting as this debate was Labour attacking Conservative , Lib Dem attacking both Conservative and Labour and Conservatives defending themselves from attacks but not attacking anyone.

Next debate will be different as I suspect it won't be Tory v Labour in the polls, but the Lib Dems will be a main contender. You will see both Labour and Conservatives attacking the lib dem policies and actually taking them on.

Still finding it interesting what biased views do... I know I have my own biases but I definitely felt David Cameron was trying to attack Labour, not simply defend himself. It did mean that Nick Clegg could appear statesmanlike simply by saying nothing and letting the other two rant at each other, which was far too easy on him.

On the MPUK forums, Buffy is saying that he felt Gordon Brown remained calm and focused and looked the most like a leader.

Elsie - Dennis Skinner seems pretty good, I can see why his seat is safe. If he pops his clogs though, I wouldn't guarantee the area to stay Labour though, most of his opinions are way off the current Labour policies.

In the last local elections some of the other areas around Bolsover changed from Labour but this is an old mining community and people remember what a Conservative government did last time. It would be extremely hard for a party other than Labour to win this seat even after Mr Skinner has stepped down, especially when the Tories put up candidates from 40 miles away in their stronghold of Ashbourne.

Wouldn't expect Tories to take it either. His views seem more in line with current Lib Dem views, so I would see the seat dropping all the way past the Tories and Labour into a race between Lib Dems / UKIP / Greens etc...

I really don't get why people automatically assume the decision is ONLY Labour or Tory, we've had top two changes in the past and there's nothing wrong with electing a MP from a minority party. Enough of them may swing crucial votes.

Hell, in my constituency, Labour came fifth at the last by-election, the top 3 were Tory, Lib Dem, Greens.

Current labour policies are stunningly similar to old Tory policies. I could not imagine them voting in an actual New Labour believer.

In the last local elections some of the other areas around Bolsover changed from Labour but this is an old mining community and people remember what a Conservative government did last time. It would be extremely hard for a party other than Labour to win this seat even after Mr Skinner has stepped down, especially when the Tories put up candidates from 40 miles away in their stronghold of Ashbourne.

You mean the way that new labour reduced mining even further than Thatcher did but somehow got support from the miners. Sometimes I give up on this country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7952388.stm

Interesting outcome of debate #2 then. Polls all have different winners so far, much closer than last time and I think Sky News did a better job of hosting personally, debate was controlled a lot more subtly than just constantly shouting the leader's name. I think by the end of the third the results will have settled down to give a better indication of the election outcome.

Frankly it's all a waste of time now. They're all so close in the polls that no one party stands any chance at all of pulling out the lead required to gain an overall majority in the two weeks remaining.

We'll get a hung parliament for sure. The only big question now is what coalitions will be formed as a result of it. My prediction is that the Tories will gain the most seats, followed by Labour & the Libdems in third. Clegg will, however, form an alliance with Brown and we'll end up with a Lib-Lab coalition government and the party which polled the post votes and gained the most seats being the one without power. Some democracy we have here :roll:

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter