Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Saboo

Leader's Debates

Guest Zenith

Reading the headlines today was a simple way to see which way each paper leans.

Sun said Dave did best. Mirror says Gordon did best.

Blatant favouritism.

If it truly is 30/30/30 +/-2, that's going to put politicians of every colour under the spotlight. The one thing I hope doesn't happen is that the CON poll highest, then LD go along with LAB. I'm already thinking ahead to the inevitable rerun in less than a year because of infighting and squabbling.

Whatever happens , whoever gets most votes will have to form a government, the public won't stand for any other result.

I think whats most likely is some lose Conservative/Lib Dem alliance to ensure that some progress is made away from labour which I think is what both parties want.

A true 30/30/30 split of the popular vote will likely see a slim Tory majority in the house of commons, due to the design of voting districts etc...

Blind - I don't get what you mean... the political system is whoever gets the most SEATS tries to form a government, votes aren't relevant at that point.

I could see the LD working with the Tories whereby they're allowed to do all the loophole closing they want, as long as they're seen as getting the credit for it, and will in return assist with getting the cost cutting through (as tbh, I think they know that both cost cutting and raising tax revenue are going to be needed to cut the deficit).

I know votes aren't relevant as to how seats are allocated. But should the headline polls be 40% party 26% party 25% Party 2 and 20% Party 3 with the remaining seats split with no over control . Parties 2 and 3 could get together to form government together.

The media/public would see this another way the politics of our country don't work and would likely cause such a fuss that something would have to change.

Whatever happens , whoever gets most votes will have to form a government, the public won't stand for any other result.

Alas that's not how our hopeless system works and there's bugger all we can do about it

A true 30/30/30 split of the popular vote will likely see a slim Tory majority in the house of commons, due to the design of voting districts etc...

Eh? The constituency distribution & borders have always traditionally favoured Labour to a significant degree. Whilst there have been a lot of changes to the constituency borders since 2005, I don't believe this situation has changed.

Using the BBC website's seat calculator, which attempts to predict based on the typical distribution of votes across the constituencies, a 30/30/30 percentage split would give Labour 315 seats, the Tories 206 and the LibDems on 100. Basically the LibDems stand very little chance of an outright win as they'd need around 40% of the vote to do so and I think many of their new-found supports won't have the courage of their convictions come polling day.

If you support and intend to vote LibDem because you genuinely agree with their policies then all power to you, but it angers me that a huge number of moronic people are going to vote LibDem because they think Clegg is a "nice chap" or because they just don't like Brown or Cameron. We're not electing a personality - if you can't make an informed decision based on actual policies then you shouldn't be voting.

I'm talking about a theoretical result where a party gets the majority of the vote by a significant margin, but does not form part of the government.

Latest polls have labour coming third in the popular vote. It is likely that labour will still get more seats than lib Dems and should there be a labour-lib dem pact Gordon Brown would be PM.

Do you really think the public would stand for that?

No, if Labour get in, they'll ditch Brown... David Milliband/Alan Johnson are possible candidates?

I think there'll be a hell of a lot of public backlash but I don't think it'll achieve anything in the short term, so it's not a case of whether they'll "stand for it" per se, as they won't have any choice but to deal with it.

In the longer term, maybe the one bit of silver lining on the huge cloud of the above scenario would be some genuine electoral reform that might actually give us a proper democracy. We're all so proud of how our democracy is one of the oldest in the world, well herein lies the problem, we've not updated it for far too long and it's starting to look seriously outdated and plain unfair.

No, if Labour get in, they'll ditch Brown... David Milliband/Alan Johnson are possible candidates?

Well even if Labour were to win with an outright majority (please God, no!), Brown has already refused to say whether he'd stay the full term.

Personally I agree with Cameron on this, regardless of the technicality that we're electing a party, not a specific person, I don't think the Prime Minister should be allowed to change without calling another general election.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter