Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

rab

Has the Volcano affected you??

im sure alot of you are aware of the volcano and how it has affect the uk airspace. Has it affected anyone on the epic lan forums??

it has me, i was on my way back from afghanistan when this kicked off and now im stuck in Dubai waiting for a flight home. We keep getting briefs and we keep getting told the time is getting further and further away =[

sucks to be me !

Sorry to hear that dude must really suck that its now lasting much longer, you stuck on base or something in dubai? or you out partying?

2 things.

A) you are only trying to get out of buyiny me the beer you owe me ;)

B) Meant to he taking some friends to Manchester airport on Sunday for their delayed (due to cancer) honeymoon in Orlando. That looks in serious trouble.

It sucks!

Guest Zenith

It's not affected me at all, but my folks flew out to Egypt on Wednesday... just before it all started.

I'm hoping it doesn't carry on for more than 2 weeks. :)

Sorry to hear that Rab. Almost home yet so far! Remember no petting or sex on the beach if you want to leave their country!

I do love this quote from the AP:

"LONDON — Officials further extended no-fly restrictions over Europe Saturday as a vast, invisible plume of grit continued to billow out of an Icelandic volcano and drift across the continent."

Sounds all very dubious to me...

It's like close encounters when they said there was a train crash and nerve gas released. Maybe an alien spaceship has landed in the Atlantic and they don't want planes to see it? Ooh. The,conspiracy :P

Guest daftchip

hurry the beef up and get home rab...

and damos got stuck in spain or somewhere lol, his flights got cancelled y'day so they rearranged a flight for next thursday free of charge, got him in a hotel free of charge and i now hate him and they actually moved him from where he was to magaluf...

My boss is off crossing the Alps on some mad-cap adventure and flew out on Thursday morning just hours before they shut everything.

i got moved from dubai and now im in cyprus so im closer to home now

stuck on a base with a private beach, beer, cinema, sun, sea, banana boats etc etc. Also there are loads of medic lasses out here who are stuck as well and they were caught shagging everyone, lol good times :P

im trying to get home dave, i want everyone to blow the invisible ash away!! 2nd day of being on the beach and now im bored!! i should be in the beer garden with dave today (sunday) but im stuck here sunbathing and sleeping all day :P

Methinks a bit of Piracy is called for me hearty! Commandeer yourslf a boat to become Cap'n Pugwash and sail back to Blighty! Arrrrgh Jim Lad!

My friends flight from Manchester to Orlando tomorrow was (as expected) cancelled this morning and they're trying to re-book it now.

Guest Zenith

I don't think about it at all because I've not flown in 21 years.

It's not because I'm afraid of flying (I'm not). I just have a problem with crowded places and excessive security. To put it in some context, my last holiday away was summer 2006 and was a static caravan in Cornwall.

I also don't think foreign holidays are value for money, but I'm a skinflint. :)

I'm currently concerned about my flight on the 28th to Orlando. Currently following a number of forums, news sources and twitter accounts to keep as informed as possible.

Friends flights to Orlando tomorrow with Virgin on Monday were canned today and they are trying to re book. Hopefully your flights will be OK.

I wish I was going back to Orlando as to me, it's the best place on earth. I love it there. Fingers crossed for you Murray.

well im starting the long journey home today, but its really stupid how we are doing it.

Flight to barcelona > coach to "Santan Der" ( not sure how to spell it thats how it is said, its a port in spain) > then we are cathcing HMS Albion to britian! lol best get moving before they shut the ports down haha :P

I'm sure the recruitment posters said something about "Seeing the world" ... so stop complaining Rab! :P

A friend of mine is on month long tour of India, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Hong Kong and finally Dubai before flying back to the UK. Luckily for him, Dubai is the last stop in a weeks time and he has family there...so he's hoping that the flight ban continues so he can have an extended holiday.

It should be finished in a few days, the issue will be with all the backlog of flights!

Rab: Just heard they were sending the HMS Albion to pick you guys up, although apparently it might call in at Spain to see if it can help. Good luck with it! Hope you get back soon and OK.

Rab: More news, BBC are reporting from outside the base in Cyprus now, just restating what you've said.

Looks like the F1 teams are going to try to head back via Santander too, personally I think it's just another product placement excuse for Santander!

Looks like the F1 teams are going to try to head back via Santander too, personally I think it's just another product placement excuse for Santander!
+1

Guest wizzard

It looks like more eruptions from the volcano and airports closed until at least 1300 BST.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter