Gunsmith

GT5 confirmed release date

Guest Zenith

Oh VERRRRRY pretty!

And I had to play back the Top Gear sections 6-7 times to be sure I wasn't watching live action camera shots. I think we can say that games development has hit that important milestone. Trying to tell the difference between CG video and camera video and not knowing for sure which one you're watching.

Any idea on who the background track is?

I also liked this comment on the video...

Some say that he doesn't need a controller to play a racing game, he uses a real steering wheel...from a Ferrari 599...

... and that he doesn't need the Playstation 3's 3D graphics because that's how he sees already.

All we know is? He's called THE STIG

looking at this video it looks oh so pretty, just hope its worth the wait!

Oh VERRRRRY pretty!

Any idea on who the background track is?

sounds like a Daiki Kasho special, hes a composer working for polyphony so expect it to be in the full game,

Is this the game that finally makes me give in and buy a PS3?

Interesting, not sure as I have not been a fan of the other GT games as of yet.

Is this the game that finally makes me give in and buy a PS3?

Wondering the same myself - it's the only current console I don't have.

How cheap are they these days?

original phats shouldnt be that expensive now

just in

* Polyphony Digital is working on reducing load times and is still tweaking graphics ahead of the November release date.

* The game has nearly filled all of the space available on Blu-Ray disc.

* You’ll have the option to synchronize the game’s time of day with the track’s current local time.

* The crowds will be dynamic, so there will be more tents, cars, and motorhomes at longer races.

* Yamauchi admits his team may have “actually gone too far in modeling some of this detail†and suggested it might be “more suited to the next generation of PlayStation.â€

* Both high and low-beam headlights will be included, so you can flash slower cars as you’re about to pass them (how awesome will this be during the 24 hour races!?!). All lights will illuminate dirt, smoke, or other debris in the air.

* NASCAR insisted that all of their series’ cars be playable on all circuits in the game.

* It was previously mentioned that only 9 NASCAR cars will be included, but this was incorrect. There are simply 9 cars in the E3 2010 demo, but “many more†are coming.

* With the exception of profanity, all of the Nurburgring’s graffiti has been re-created, just as it is in real life. According to Kotaku, they will attempt to keep the graffiti up-to-date before the game is shipped.

* Players will be able to maintain an online profile to share and watch friend’s progress and statistics.

* All cars (including standard models) will accumulate dirt and will have functional horns.

* All cars will have functioning reverse lights.

* More information will be revealed at Gamescom in Germany on August 18-22.

* More Formula 1 teams will bring their cars to the game, in addition to Ferrari.

* “While racing the 24 hours of Nurburgring, you can smell people’s barbecues — we couldn’t recreate that.†— Kazunori Yamauchi

# Each individual circuit can take as long as two and a half years to build.

# The new Photo Travel mode – where you take a car to a picturesque location other than a race track – now allows you to virtually walk around the environment to help you get the best angle.

# Online community features include a “BBS, personal logs, mail, and something called My Loungeâ€. You will be able to monitor your friend’s progress, set up private races with them, and spectate on live online races that are already underway from any camera angle, while focusing on any player’s car that you want.

# The combination of 3D visuals and head-tracking with the PS Eye was described as “astonishingâ€.

It's not a matter of how cheap they are, It's whether I can buy one without my Mrs cutting my nuts off. After 19 yrs of marriage I know what I can get away with and what lands me in the smelly and nasty stuff!

Guest mayberts

Well i dont have a blu ray player in my living room, i have told the wife we need a blu ray player maybe she will let me buy a ps3

Guest Zenith

Zenith casts necro on the thread.

I convinced LadyU into getting a PS3 a couple of years ago so we would have a bluray player, a media streaming centre and (gasp!) maybe a few games as well.

Release dates are:

02 11 10 for the Americas.

03 11 10 for Europe and Japan.

04 11 10 for Australia and others.

Nice trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLbSu72pzB0

There's going to be three editions on sale.

Standard edition for about £40.

Collector's edition for about £60

Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition Includes:
  • [*]Collector's Edition packaging with commemorative slip case

[*]Collector's Edition inlay sleeve art

[*]200+ page drivers/strategy guide

[*]5 x Collector's Edition artcards/postcards

[*]5 x Collector's Edition 'ChromeLine' car pack

[*]

Then there's the Signature Edition which will retail for about £150!

Review here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/video%20games/forum?cdThread=Tx1AEWHDHEUTJ65

You get some nice collectibles but what you're really paying for is entry into a competition to win a race day in a Mercedes SLS AMG along with regional winners from around the world. The fastest racer wins the Mercedes, and the car is worth about £160,000!

I'm getting the Collector's edition for the Apex book and additional DLC.

Guest MastacheifBOX

£200k

If only it had a decent pad

yeah I pre ordered the collectors as well, i just hope the penalty system is harsher in the final thing, I want to race not play.

these past few weeks ive been driving like a nut racking up coin for when the full thing transfers my garage and wallet across from prologue. first night of owning it is pretty much going to be a shopping spree

It's not a matter of how cheap they are, It's whether I can buy one without my Mrs cutting my nuts off. After 19 yrs of marriage I know what I can get away with and what lands me in the smelly and nasty stuff!

No its just a matter of how much you will miss your nuts :P

Guest Zenith

A little bit of an update...

Seen that Citroen ad with that lovely white concept car?

Want to drive it? Get GT5... apparently it's in there.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/10/citroens-playstation-gran-turismo-5.html

Here's a partial list of some of the cars in GT5...

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5s-car-list-so-far.html

I'm personally hoping there's a Hachi-Roku (AE86) in there for shits and giggles. :)

played this at Eurogamer yesterday, suffers a bit from its heavy use of sprites (e.g. trees) in the fixed-cam rolling starts, but looks otherwise pretty amazing. Incredibly hard with a joypad though, the cars dont handle that well, or handle realistically!