Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Elsie

Geek alert ... Visible International Space Station passes

Over the next few days there should (cloud permitting) some decent opportunites to see the ISS fly over the UK. A list of the passes can be seen here and are based on my location in Derbyshire. Monday night looks like a good chance as there are two visible passes:

22:18 - 22:23 - Passing over northern France and through central Germany .... you would still see it from the UK!

23:50 - 23:58 when it will pass southern Ireland, Wales and the M4 corridor - so to most of the UK it will appear almost overhead

Use the Heavens Above sight (link above) to see the predicition of when it's coming over and the star constellations it will pass through. When you see the ISS it's light a big, bright star and as it's moving at > 17,000mph it moves a tad quicker than a plane across the sky.

I know some might :yawn: at this but some might like to see billions of $$$ arcing across the sky!

I'm guessing I'll be ruled out living bang smack in the middle of London :(

Guest mayberts

i wish i had a telescope, my wife wont let me buy one

For seeing the ISS you shouldn't need to worry about being in London and you don't need a telescope (but I wish my Mrs would let me have one!) After the sun and moon the ISS is the brightest object in the sky and if you know what Venus looks like, it' about twice the size and for the overhead passes I saw last night it takes about 4 minutes from becoming visible to fading.

Not so, the ISS will have a magnitude of -2.2 tonight (virtually the same as Jupiter) and Venus has a magnitude of -4.0 so Venus will be quite a bit brighter than the ISS tonight. :)

*waits for Vertigo to take a picture of it*

LOL, my gear ain't *that* good! :)

*waits for Vertigo to take a picture of it*

LOL, my gear ain't *that* good! :)

*obligatory "That's what she said." post*

So whereabouts are we looking exactly? The link Elsie provided wants me to register/login or sommat :(

It was too cloudy at 22:18 but the next at 23:50 is ...

Sky Map

sky.jpg

Ground Track

Pass.jpg

So, cloud permitting, if you look directly at the horizon to the west at 23:53, hopefully you should see a bright star rising and passing (almost) overhead.

Guest mayberts

My wife is going nuts, i have spent the last 3 days looking at telescopes, lets see if iss is visible tonight

Ah, figured the site out now, tis a bit cloudy here too but will see if I can spot it around 23:50

Guest Zenith

95% cloud cover and light rain here at 53.29.N, 3.66.W

Shame really, but it's not like we won't get the chance again. :)

Guest DCX

well not sure if i saw something, but the clouds seems to become brighter towards the south :o grabbed about 25 images as it changed so ill take a look in the morning.

Woah, just watched it go over now - totally clear sky and was amazed how bright it was and how fast it tracked across the sky. Awesome!

Should be another pass around 00:20 :)

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter