GraemeKustom

Kustom Armagetron - Saturday 5pm

A few little fun variants of Armagetron will be running from 5pm.

The game can be downloaded here : ftp://ftp/public/Games/Armagetron%20Advanced/

A useful tip - set up a double bind in your controls. In Input Configuration for instance, set up both 'A' and 'Z' to be turn left, and 'S' and 'D' to be turn right - this means pushing both keys at once will give you a fast 180 degree turn. It's useful in the CTF and Fortress modes.

Warm up

A quick introduction to using 'short tails' - instead of the walls drawn by the bikes remaining permanent, they follow like the tails on snake. This changes the strategy the game, instead of just surviving to the end you really need to attack and defend the other bikes. To spice things up, your brake key (by default 'v') is now inverted, to give a short turbo boost. This recharges gradually after use, and is really useful to nip in front of other players.

Fortress

Using the same tails as above, but with the bike rubber increased a little to allow for some contact, Fortress is a base defense / attack game. Players are split into two teams starting at opposite ends of the map, and the objective is to capture the opponents base by getting your bikes inside it. The speed of the base collapse varies by the number of attacking team players and defending team players in the base. It's considered good manners in this game for players starting at the outside to move outwards so that players in the middle of the line are not trapped. Bear in mind also that grinding other players' walls will increase your speed and can be a good form of attack. Shouts of 'Grind me!' are considered acceptable, among teammates.

Capture the Flag

A few more twists - this time the bikes start with a slow speed, but more rubber so you need to grind teammates walls to build speed. Each team has a large circle (base) and a small circle (flag). The objective is to capture the opponents flag and return it to your base, but you can only score the point if your own team flag is still at your base and not in possesion of your opponents. Bikes in possesion of the flag will flash. For players who are core dumped (killed) they will respawn only when a member of their team returns to their base, this brings any dead players back into play. If you are the last remaining member of your team, a message will flash on the screen reminding you to return to base to respawn your teammates, chances are they are already shouting at you at this point though.

Shooting Mod with Zombies

The brake key (default V) now shoots a bullet circle which will kill other players. To spice things up further, dead players emit a 'zombie' which will chase the previous attacker and eat their brains. Zombies can be shot to make them disappear. This works best with fewer players, so may be run as two separate servers.

Long Tail Deathmatch

Back to normal. A traditional Armagetron Deathmatch. That means tails are long, brakes are brakes... well, you get the idea.

Cheers for this was really good fun, didnt even know about half of these mods, oh and awesome playlist as well

Cheers :)

Thanks all for taking part, hope you enjoyed !

Music list was :

Deadmau5 - FML

Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte (Boys Noize Mix)

TEPR - Un Accident de voiture

Unicorn Kid - Lion Hat

TEPR - The Shape of Punk

House of Pain - Jump Around (Deadmau5 Mix)

80kidz - Disdrive (Rework)

Sabrepulse - Famicom Connection (original edit)

Anamanaguchi - Power Supply

Henry Homesweet - Simple Pleasures

Unicorn Kid - Wee Monsters

Henry Homesweet - Escape from lp1

2 Unlimited - No Limit ... it's a long running joke.

she - chiptek

TEPR - Coke and Cream

Unicorn Kid - Animal City

DJ Kike - Theme from Bubble Bobble Remix

Fortress was my favourite, I had to sit out of ctf for a 10 mins (no respawns) and ended up closing.

I think we run Fortress online, if people let me know what was really popular, I'll get some servers up and then we can use it for some epic.THURSDAYS.

Problem with fortress mode it only takes one noob/dickhead to fuck over a team contantly. But it's still a very good mode.

Yeh, Fortress is definitely great although 20 people is the limit, so I split that off to 2 servers to try and get everyone in.

Kaneth - not sure what caused the issue you're describing there in CTF. Respawning is dependant on your teamamtes returning to base to respawn dead team members, as far as I could see that was happening regularly.

I don't think there's a limit on players for the CTF mod, but if there was it would have been putting 'player wants to play for x team, but is unable to do so' and I would have split the server again.

I was saying to Winbar I'd be more than happy to help out with doing an Armagetron Thursday evening game for you sometime between now and epic.five. Depending on interested numbers we could cross post with our own forum as well and get a nice mixture there.

Now the real question is how long till you confirm for epic.FIVE

Can't see any problem with the date, so providing I'm not run over or any other similar fate then I'll be along.

I think we run Fortress online, if people let me know what was really popular, I'll get some servers up and then we can use it for some epic.THURSDAYS.

Yeh Fortress was great once we worked out what we were doing and stopped teamkilling.

Having 3-4 of us all grinding Gee towards the other team to pick up a load of speed was awesome!

Loved my multikill too at the start of one round! :D

Problem with fortress mode it only takes one noob/dickhead to fuck over a team contantly. But it's still a very good mode.

Stopped after a few rounds. But I guess it would be a problem online / with randoms :(

Fortress was my favourite, I had to sit out of ctf for a 10 mins (no respawns) and ended up closing.
Kaneth - not sure what caused the issue you're describing there in CTF. Respawning is dependant on your teamamtes returning to base to respawn dead team members, as far as I could see that was happening regularly.

Same thing Happened to me. I think all of mine and Kane's team were killed right at the start so we couldn't respawn.

Like Kane I quit after waiting 5 minutes :(

Fortress is the way forwards :D

Same thing Happened to me. I think all of mine and Kane's team were killed right at the start so we couldn't respawn.

Like Kane I quit after waiting 5 minutes :(

Fortress is the way forwards :D

Righty, there may well be a player limit somewhere that I've not spotted and that's what stopped you respawning. Have just run CTF once before and it was fine last time but I think we just had 20 players, but I'll check into it and either find a way to right it or run two servers if more people are wanting to play.

Sorry I didn't notice that at the time, but glad you enjoyed Fortress :)

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter