Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

superchief

THE DJ Off

Morning peeps,

Hope you all enjoyed it last night, we did and it was good to get another chance to do it.

I would put up a track list but it was all done on the spot by me and Haden so i can't tell you what we were playing unfortunately.

Anyway, thanks for listening and see you at the next epic

Was excellent - as I said in the feedback thread, bonus points to Haden for Amazing Horse :D

yeah fantastic job, both of you! I managed to stay up for both sets and the dj off :D

Being old (yes, 5 months older than Vertigo) I'm not particularly into dance music as my tastes are more rock / metal. However last night one of the reasons I stayed up so late was because I was enjoying the beat of the music you guys were playing. Congratulations gents, it was fun!

Being old (yes, 5 months older than Vertigo)...

Everyone please take note and direct all further abuse in Elsie's direction.

...I'm not particularly into dance music as my tastes are more rock / metal.

Age has nothing to do with it. I like a very wide selection of music and trance is one of my favourite types. On the trip home I managed to listen to Oceanlab, Ferry Corsten, Lady Gaga & Pendulum :)

.... and I had all the windows open screaming my head off to a mix of Ozzy, MCR, Metallica and Snow Patrol(!). That and listening to Radio 5 for the news.

Being old (yes, 5 months older than Vertigo)...

Everyone please take note and direct all further abuse in Elsie's direction.

We get a funnier reaction from you though!

Good stuff guys, enjoyed it! Out of interest what did you both use to mix your sets?

Yeah good sets from both of you, mentioned you in my feedback. Moar of that next time please :)

Good stuff guys, enjoyed it! Out of interest what did you both use to mix your sets?

I think Haden uses just Virtual DJ software whilst Superchief uses a Numark mixing deck and the associated software.

I think Haden uses just Virtual DJ software whilst Superchief uses a Numark mixing deck and the associated software.

Indeed, as i'm rather broke at the moment, I really cant afford to shell out on a mixing console, but hopefully for next LAN I will be XD.

I use the Virtual DJ Software and set up the keyboard in a sort of mixer layout...

Superchief uses a Numark USB Mixing console to give a more DJ Friendly layout and Numark I-on software :)

Oh cool. I've just been getting started at digital DJ'ing using VirtualDJ, I've got a Hercules digital mixer coming in the mail tomorrow so I can continue my fiddling! Did you guys use anything to help you learn, or was it just messing around and trial by error?

ooo hercules, that's what I really wanna buy!

I just played around, I used to DJ on Vinyl fro about 2 / 3 years in my spare time through trial error, same with Virtual DJ...

but it helps if you know the tracks well and you can kinda pick up where to drop things in and what not :)

Hopefully superchief will drop by with some advice in a bit :P

The Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2 I ordered yesterday turned up at work this morning along with a copy of VirtualDJ, and I managed to lose my entire lunchbreak to it! Thankfully someone here had his entire music collection on a portable HDD so I had a play around mixing up some stuff, really good fun :D If you're still short on a mixer in Feb I'll bring this one along and you can have a play at epic.FIVE.

I'm sure by Feb i'll have a mixer XD , hopefully looking at purchasing some CDJ's just so I can play more often with them for nightclub gigs etc :)

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter