Sign in to follow this  
Astrolox

Werewolves Feedback for epic.FOUR

Thank you to everyone for playing werewolves at epic.FOUR!

We had some awesome games and several people made a point of coming up to me and saying how they really enjoyed themselves.

There were a few exceptions.. obviously the very start of the 25 man game we played on Sunday was very frustrating. I'm sorry but asking 24 other people to wait for you while you organise a take away or answer the phone isn't going to make you popular. Personally I think the game worked really well after a couple of rounds and everyone had settled in to actually playing the game.

For clarity I'm not advocating a completely serious approach to Werewolves, drinking beer and making fun of each other is part of the enjoyment. However if people are saying "Can we just get on with it?" I guess we need to tone it down a little.. We did that with the big game and everyone who was there for the last 4 or 5 rounds said they were loving it.

So ... what do you think? .. Did you enjoy it? ... Did you get annoyed? .... How could the moderators improve things?

If you were a new player, would you play again?

Also thank you to those who did the moderator role other than myself.

If you have any questions about the Rules please see the other thread.

I aboslutley love werewolves this LAN, it's the first proper LAN I've played it, and I have to say it's one of the most fun games I've played!

The only issues I had were during the big game (26+ I think), it just didn't work with that many people, plus the expansion cards, I know myself and zorg got outselves out early on because it just wasn't fun, and then by the end evenryone was just bored, or tired... Nivek...

Other than that though, we had some wonderful games, very very fun, and a big thank you to Astro, Bicko and Rizzo for hosting them!

Will 100% be playing against next LAN :D

Guest Storm_Seeker

I only played one game this LAN. Was good fun even though I was out the 1st round - I'm guessing that was you Chris [shake fist!]

But even after, was still fun to watch. I admit I find it hard to keep my mouth shut, even when dead. I would also agree that people should not take it seriously. Its good fun and I think the fun is spoiled if you take it too seriously. Though you do have to be committed and have to have some patience, especially for those that ain't played before.

Thanks for running it. I'll hopefully play more at Epic 5.

Really enjoyed the games on thrusday and friday night!

Will definatly play again but will make sure that Jay gets and eats food BEFORE we start :P

I'd just like to thank Astrolox for all the time he put in this weekend, it was awesome :)

Now we just need to get the skill level of some players up, myself included and it could get very interesting :)

Sorry about the takeaway on the big sunday game :/

Had been hoping it would have arrived before we started playing.

Playing with that many is hard work at the best of times.

If you have more than 12-15 people, it stops being fun early game. Especially if you end up being a villager which is highly likely in such a big game.

The only fun from being a villager comes from trying to read people and work stuff out, which is very very hard to do when you have to pay attention to 24 people. The end result in such big games is the first few days degrade in to the random killing of players, for no real reasoning beyond decreasing numbers.

And yes the take-away was a pain, I think we need a suicide rule in such big games allowing players to remove themselves from a game if they have to. I got killed on the first night allowing me to go and eat mine in peace anyway. But it was quite clear a few others really didn't want to be there after a while, most likely due to the unexpected length of the game. Allowing such players to simply throw in their card and leave may be better for the other players and game.

People who are town, then do anti-town actions (like handing sheriff card to someone you think is a werewolf when you are town) annoy me, and makes you a dick. Don't do it, it ruins games. Play the role you are given.

I like the new special cards, but i think the group was too large for it.

I think that limiting the number of players in a game when it gets to somewhere between 15 - 20 is sensible. If we have 16 or more we can always run 2 games at the same time instead.

People who are town, then do anti-town actions (like handing sheriff card to someone you think is a werewolf when you are town) annoy me, and makes you a dick. Don't do it, it ruins games. Play the role you are given.

I shot Vardy (witch) and gave the Sheriff card to padkipz (werewolf) but that was because I was a lover which IS an anti-town role, lol. But I assume you're not talking about that because you died with me.

If I was you Omni I'd be more worried about Celzie making you and me lovers as Cupid instead of you and her? :?

Guest daftchip

I shot Vardy (witch) and gave the Sheriff card to padkipz (werewolf) but that was because I was a lover which IS an anti-town role, lol. But I assume you're not talking about that because you died with me.

If I was you Omni I'd be more worried about Celzie making you and me lovers as Cupid instead of you and her? :?

hes on about when i was sheriff and made pad a sheriff when i died, he then passed it on to mayberts who he knew was a werewolf altho it was dickish, it did make me giggle :P it summed pad up in one swift move

Glad people enjoyed the games, I think the alcohol consumed during the quiz didn't help along with the large size of it.. apologies for the takeaway and also for diving out during that one as I wasn't feeling very well.

Passing on the Sheriff card was something I chose to leave up to Zorg after Astro told me that was one of the options.. I'm thinking now that upon death a new election for Sheriff occurs to stop people raging when the card gets passed along to the wrong person.

Guest Storm_Seeker

In theory, there should be another vote for a new sheriff... no?

In theory, there should be another vote for a new sheriff... no?

Depends on what the moderator has chosen.

Succession is the quicker option and speed is why I usually pick it. Although we were playing it where the sheriff picked his successor when he died, it would make more sense if he picked a deputy when he was elected. The other option is for Sheriff to be given to the winner of an election held right after the death of the original Sheriff.

Given the feedback above going with new sheriff elections on death of the sheriff seems to be what we'll be doing next time around. The trade off of course is that we end up with slightly longer games, which may be undesirable to some.

Guest Pru

Personally i dont exactly think the big game was too big, i think we chose the wrong expansion. Thinking about it now, i think the harvest moon festival works very will with big groups, and the event cards works better with a small group.

Overall i think warewolves was good, although not so much when i outed myself......again :P

Big thanks to Astrolox and the other mods for getting the games up and running, and we'll cirtainly play more at epic.five ^_^

No, there is a very good reason for the Sheriff being able to pass on the card.

Generally the Sheriff is a confirmed town role, if you just have a new vote every time a sheriff dies then the werewolves will just kill each Sheriff until it lands on a fellow werewolf giving them a huge advantage. This is far more likely to happen with voting than it is with succession.

If you use succession then killing the Sheriff is far less likely to result in a werewolf getting the card as it will generally be passed on to the next safest choice.

In a game we played at epic.THREE a Werewolf got the card.. if he died he'd immediately give it to another Werewolf I imagine.. thus keeping them silly-powerful.

True, both of you (Zorg and Bicko) are right and make good points. This is why I think it's an option rather than there only being one way to play. I quite like succession and the idea that the werewolves can keep it if they get it, but generally it will end up in the hands of the villagers.

Pru... maybe, however I'm not partially looking forward to moderating another game that is over 15 people. All that messing around at the start wasn't fun for me either. Now that we've done the New Moon game I think it's time we try the Harvest Moon Festival. In fact I'd like to play both at epic.FIVE, that is if the tournament side of the LAN doesn't affect us some how.

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter