Nivek

First DiRT 3 trailer released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4zvVQrxDs

I'm sure Gunsmith will be all over this already, when he gets a new Dual link dvi cable!

“There’s an overwhelming arcing vision to all of our racing titles, and Grid is incredibly strong, but we’re lucky enough to be in a position where we’ve got racing games in different areas," Codemasters' VP Gavin Cheshire told Edge back in March.

"DiRT was a complete reboot – we threw away what was going on and redid it completely – and then we rebooted Grid because it wasn’t top gun, and then we rebooted DiRT 2. I’m not saying we’re throwing all the codebase away, but we’re throwing the thoughts away and coming out with something fresh and new. Because if you don’t innovate, you’re dead

No release date on this either

Cool, cheers for the heads up.

DiRT was always a lot more fun than the majority of the other racing titles I found (not including trackmania :P)

Good news from the previews released today. Some key points:

Dirt 3 has the WRC license.

Toned down the menus to still be stylized but more functional like Dirt 1

All weather types.

Cars from the 1970's, 80's, 90's, and modern cars.

Bloody hell, so Codemasters have both the WRC and F1 official licences!?

Interesting to note that the car featured in the trailer is next year's Fiesta WRC car rather than the current Focus - they're obviously aiming to be bang up to date with the 2011 season cars.