Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Guest daftchip

Wow what a day!...

Do not work for Siemens. At least not SIS or whatever it is now.... The other bits are better.

Personally i would go for the surprise cake option. Bring cake into the meeting as an 'ice-breaker' then simply walk out. Agreed they will be confused but who can refuse cake?

So they decide, meh lets all have cake, but the cake is a lie! For inside the cake is a small incendiary device that when combined with the nitro-glycerine base for the icing will cause a blast just big enough to take the lot out.

There, that'll show em.

Guest timmy

I work in the industry sector for drives and automation @ congleton, the business is booming at the moment. China and the other developing countries are banging out the orders for our drives :)

Good luck for this afternoon Dave. Try to stay calm, state your case in a calm, dignified manner ... Even if you do feel like taking some of the more violent options mentioned above! Don't give them the satisfaction of being able to sack you for something you do or say in the meeting OR by resigning.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Guest daftchip

Thanks guys, once again it really means alot.

I've obtained my contract and it references my employee handbook which was not issued and I have not signed anything to say I

have had it issued to myself and nowhere does it reference where I can get a copy from or where theres on readily availible

to the working staff...

Was up untill 2am last night writing this document, which includes a statement from the guy I rang saturday confirming exactly

what I've said, along with itemised bills, text messages, a recording of the message I left the guy on saturday which he managed

to find, which I was extremely grateful of.

Appears my 'boss' told him to have the rest of the week off to use annual leave up before the end of year, but hes declined and

come into work today.

I've printed off my cars full MOT history, both of my fail documents from Kwik Fit and the other garage proving why I was not in

along with bills to prove I paid, along with all credit card transaction receipts to prove it was in fact me there at the time

picking the car up etc and did not have a day off to do whatever I felt like without following 'the correct procedure' as stated in

the employee handbook which as I mentioned before was never issued to me.

However, I'm not hopeful on this and I'm pretty certain I'm writing this within my last hour working for this company since they

were showing 3 new engineers around today before they formally employ them, exactly the same as they apparantly did when they

employed me I have however, made an appointment with a solicitor for Monday if my contract is terminated and have made clear it

pretty clear that I will take legal action if it does go ahead

and I will not be resigning under any circumstances whatsoever.

Also on the good news, applied for a job just in Stafford doing practically the same job and recieved an email today saying that

the recruitment company like my application and will be forwarding it on to the company this afternoon and they should be in contact

soon.

//daft

Good luck for 15mins ago - I'll resist a comment about forum posting at work :)

Guest daftchip

My case made it impossible for them to decide tonight, they're having a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss the findings and come up with an outcome...

They basically just said I was in the wrong, that I should of known the procedures, that the guy I reported it to was not my line manager and that it was my own personal responsibility to source to employee handbook and make the company structure known to myself.

I had a counter arguement for every point but they just repied with "we will take your comments on board"

gonna be a loooong night :P will update soon as I know more.

However, I'm not hopeful on this and I'm pretty certain I'm writing this within my last hour working for this company since they

were showing 3 new engineers around today before they formally employ them, exactly the same as they apparantly did when they

employed me I have however, made an appointment with a solicitor for Monday if my contract is terminated and have made clear it

pretty clear that I will take legal action if it does go ahead

and I will not be resigning under any circumstances whatsoever.

If these new guys get hired, and you get fired, I'd perhaps consider sliping them a print out of this thread .. i mean, it's a true story so I don't see why there'd be any legal issues with doing so.

Guest MastacheifBOX

Mutha foobers

Get to a solicitors

That's bloody awful :(

Please don't take it lying down, make life difficult for the beggars by using legal action.

Guest Zenith

Sorry to hear about that.

So now it's plan B. Sic the solicitors on them.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter