Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Guest daftchip

Wow what a day!...

Jesus m8, sorry to hear that :(

TBH it sounds rather hypocritical that they've sacked you primarily for not following procedures when it sounds like they've not followed them themselves,

Reckon any decent lawyer would have them over a barrel at an industrial tribunal.

sorry to hear this daft, but by the sounds of it, you can hopefully do something about it as an unfair dismissal

I feel so lucky I have such a trust with my bosses that they wouldnt even question something like this

Guest celzie

Sorry to hear about you losing you job Daft! However whatever you do don't go to the solicitors and tell them you lost your job because your employers are "fooking ghey!" no matter how true it may be!

sorry to hear this daft, but by the sounds of it, you can hopefully do something about it as an unfair dismissal

I feel so lucky I have such a trust with my bosses that they wouldnt even question something like this

Trufacts!

PS: Good luck this afternoon!

Guest Bez

Hope you went with knights solicitors :) i work there and they rock!

Guest Zenith

So how did it go at the solicitor's this afternoon?

Guest daftchip

sorry forgot all about this :s

went to the solicitors and spent about 30 mins explaining what happened

he said how long did you work for them

i said 7 months

he said, nothing you can do then sorry...

Feel for you mate but not entirely surprising. As the law stands, I believe employees have basically no rights at all until they've been employed for two years. Before that point, you can be fired pretty much on a whim with no reason whatsoever.

lolwhat thats rediculous. As you followed all procedures they can't just let you go like that no matter how long you've been working there for? Surely you still have a minimum notice period they can do it under as well.

Total rubbish if you ask me. Phoned CAB? (Citizen's Advice Bureau) ?

Guest MastacheifBOX

Sell it to the local paper :D

lolwhat thats rediculous. As you followed all procedures they can't just let you go like that no matter how long you've been working there for? Surely you still have a minimum notice period they can do it under as well.

You essentially have no rights until you have been employed for 2 years (that is with regard to unfair dismissal)

You essentially have no rights until you have been employed for 2 years (that is with regard to unfair dismissal)

I Always thought it was 1 year not 2?

One year.

http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/free-legal-information/employment-law/unfair-dismissal-one-year-rule-exceptions.html

PS: Try wrongful dismissal: http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/free-legal-information/employment-law/what-is-wrongful-dismissal.html

Bah - Its one year for unfair dismisal, two years for redundancy pay (always get the two mixed up!)

Did they find you guilty of Gross Misconduct?

"You lose your right to notice if you are dismissed for gross misconduct. This term has not been defined by statute, however employers often give examples of gross misconduct either in the contract itself or in the staff handbook."

Guest daftchip

no I wasn't fired for gross misconduct, it was misconduct not even serious misconduct

Guest MastacheifBOX

see its all just wrong maybe contact an employment solicitor

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter