Guest Gabriel

epic.FIVE Feedback

Guest BuzzLightyear
You wouldn't have to have two clients, if you were using the event mumble you could have an announcement channel and link other channels to that. Something we could look at before the next event.

Sounds interesting as this could solve the quite announcements issue

Guest philbert

/me adds porsche girl to the list of "things to never google"

Guest Bez

yep tox, i think you were annihilated afterwards lolz x

Forgot to post in this thread on top of doing the feedback.

Good:

Quiz

Boat Race

TF2 on Sat/Sunday

Armagedtron

Trackmania

Some of the TF2 Tourney games (sorry I can't enjoy being thrashed 5-0 without getting a kill :P - well played to the pro teams!)

Bar Prices

Showers

Music

Sleeping room :)

Food van!

Bad:

Steam conveniently releasing a tonne of updates and being slow!

UT2004 clashed with my TF2 tourney games. doh

Losing against the Pro teams in TF2 :P

Seemed to be less big games (or less interest in them) especially on the thurs and friday

The Ugly:

State of the floor in hall 2 (glad I was in 1...)

Whoever was singing on Friday Night on rockband?

Overall - Epiclan is epic :)

Ok had a chance to think & reflect after the weekend.

First of all, apologies to anyone I annoyed or blanked over the weekend - my head wasn't in a good place which obviously affected my enjoyment of the event to some degree and I've been trying to separate this from the event details before posting any feedback. Thanks also to those who noticed I wasn't quite right and were trying to help.

Good:

Segregation and atmosphere - you did a pretty good job of keeping the two sides separate

Pub quiz - good laugh even though we lost by two points - grrr :)

Awesome L4D2 survival on Helms Deep

Everyone laughing at my noob skillz with the cannon on CS:S fun maps

Narella/Geo/FiRe - you're all awesome

Meal at The Racecourse on Saturday evening

Lunch at Frankie & Benny's on Thursday, complete with real-life prop hunt ;)

Bar prices - useful reduction

TF2 tourney with LanOps guys - fun if a little humiliating

Bad:

Sleeping area - was only in there for the first night but I crashed at about 12:30am and there was incessant talking for a good couple of hours

Lack of big game shouts/interest - didn't seem to be anywhere near as many shouts for big games (although I obviously missed a few due to my state) and, of those there were, there seemed to be very little interest

Missing the UT2K4 tourney due to playing in TF2

Music - the music system seemed totally broken, with endless Fall Out Boy tracks, hardly anything decent on the request system and tracks playing that weren't on the request system at all.

Bar - despite the reduction in prices, the only lager on offer was still Fosters, as last time, despite me being lead to believe there'd be more choice at the "Premier Bar"

Steam updates - obviously out of your control but the huge updates to TF2 and a few other games caused no end of grief

Steam connectivity - for whatever reason, the state of Steam connectivity over the weekend was a joke tbh. It did improve slightly after the first day or two but I still found it crashing repeatedly, disconnecting intermittently and was unable to launch any games on occasion.

Ugly:

Me

To summarise, I'm sure I'll come in for a lot of stick for some of my "Bad" comments above but that's how I see it. I've admitted I wasn't in the best frame of mind over the weekend for personal reasons which is why I've deliberately delayed giving feedback as I wanted to try to work out how much of my "disappointment" was due to the event itself and how much down to me.

Apologies again to anyone I offended.

I have to disagree with Vertigo ... I am way more ugly you. :D:P

As for Steam, I had problems on Thursday night / Friday morning but after that it OK, maybe I was just lucky?

And as you're nearly as old as me, you have a right to be a bit grumpy; it's a privilege that comes with age & experience! Hope you get things sorted out and you can enjoy your next LAN more :)

I'm not really sure what I can contribute to this thread.

All I'll say is thanks for the event, loved making more new friends and so forth and the very limited games that I played. Pub Quiz was a laugh, along with surprising Geo when FiRe turned up on Friday. Vertigo, you're a legend too. The little Rockband I played was good also.

Van food was good, staff were very friendly along with the bar staff.

Maybe I'll see some of you at a LAN event in the future, who knows :)

Good

FiRe turning up out of the blue

Vertigo - Awesome Landad

Narella - Great company :)

Seeing everyone again and everyone getting along \o/

Pub Quiz

BF2 games even though small amount of players

L4D2 and the Tank killing Chainsaws of win :twisted:

Staying in a hotel!!!

Nice meal out on the Sat <3

Bad

Internet - I know there was a line down and steam issues made things worse but the internet was shocking, I couldn't play anything for most of Friday which wasn't great.

Steam for being steam (nothing you guys can do though)

Myself for raging about things - perhaps its better to go for a beer instead of ranting on and on, for this I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Only lager available was Fosters - I seem to remember at previous events Carlsberg was on offer?

Music playlists - more tunes and less repeats please

Ugly

Swift and everything about him

Guest daftchip

Only lager available was Fosters - I seem to remember at previous events Carlsberg was on offer?

nope, only ever been Fosters

nope, only ever been Fosters

I think it's available bottled, but £/litre is silly.

It will take a while yet. We've only just started to analyse the results after giving people sufficient time to provide feedback. We then need to have our own staff debriefing and discuss where improvements are needed with other parties such as the venue.

Oops I forgot to leave feedback.

Good:

Segregation meant that the 2 parties didn't really conflict with each other.

Lots of big games.

Clean toilets.

The network was stable.

Catering was awesome, cheap, polite and decent selection.

Pub quiz and evading last place yet another LAN

Bad

TF2 tourney, even if it was well run meant that I missed the UT2K4 tournament and we had to play with 5 in 2 of our matches due to Steam issues with the TF2 update. It was still a blast against Kaneth's group and LanOps and we did enter expecting to be violated but I think you get what I mean.

The door being left open. It didn't actually occur to me until right near the end to write up a quick sign saying to shut the door. Massive draft through the door when left open and I did my best to keep it shut everytime it was left open. Also being right next to a speaker didn't help in TF2 when trying to use voice. The speaker wasn't a problem for the rest.

Having to reformat on Thursday morning due to TF2 crashing randomly. Figured I could get the majority of my games from friends as most of the games I own are on Steam. Steam however refused to co-operate with me. Also if I had known the majority of our games would end so fast in the tournament I wouldn't have had to reformat!

Assume anything else not mentioned was great and I'd say this was one of the better LANs.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter