Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Elsie

Tattoo

For anyone that's had one, how much do they hurt, in particular, at the top of your arm, i.e. where it would be covered by a T-shirt sleeve?

It's a serious question as I'm booked in for my first on Friday afternoon. I figured that next week I turn 44 so I may as well do something stupid a) before it's too late and B) whilst my dear wife in on holiday and not in a position to talk me out of it.

:gulp:

Mid-life Crisis? :o

I didn't notice much difference in the pain based on location, it is definitely a sharper pain on your back / wrist than it is on more muscley or fatty areas. It really is hard to describe though as pain is subjective. It's kind of like someone poking you many many times with a small needle and injecting ink under your skin.

Please tell me you're getting 2, an orange oval on one side and a blue one on the other

I didn't notice much difference in the pain based on location, it is definitely a sharper pain on your back / wrist than it is on more muscley or fatty areas. It really is hard to describe though as pain is subjective. It's kind of like someone poking you many many times with a small needle and injecting ink under your skin.

Isn't that exactly what it is? :D

Mid life crisis? I guess you could call it that; I just fancy doing something out of my usual comfort zone.

Done?

This is what I'd like doing at the top of my left arm ...

1005_motorhead.jpg

it starts with 1 tattoo, then another and another. pretty soon you will be in the guiness book of records for person with the most tattoos

Hardly think that's going to happen!

The amount of grief I'm going to get about this will put me well and truly in the dog house!

Isn't that exactly what it is? :D

whoooosh

Make it happen and post pics. I'm still lolling in the doldrums of the design phase with my tattoo. I cannot seem to find an artist who wants to help me out.

Please tell me you're getting 2, an orange oval on one side and a blue one on the other

If I was to get a tattoo, that's what I already had planned.

it starts with 1 tattoo, then another and another. pretty soon you will be in the guiness book of records for person with the most tattoos

A spider's web across his face anyone? :P

Well there's the Liverpool Tattoo convention going on next month so a great place to visit if you're looking for inspiration.

I'll be heading there my self hopefully and finally going to take that last step & get mine done too :)

OK, first session today ...

IMAG0365.jpg

More detail and shading to be added net week. It was burning up but I've slapped some Bepanthan (nappy rash cream!) on and it's cooling down now.

I'm happy with the initial work but my daugther has just freaked at seeing it .... so times that by 500 to get Ruth's reaction when she comes home tomorrow.

That looks cool, but do you need a place to crash when Ruth kicks you out? :P

Guest daftchip

so wait, she doesn't know your having a tattoo at all!?...

run Elsie, run for the hills

Nope, she will find out when she comes home from holiday later today. :gulp:

My daughter says she wants to film the reaction but I don't think that's a good idea!

And you worry about her finding out when you've booked for LANs.

Oh well, been nice knowing you!

Guest Zenith

You're not THAT much older than me Vert. :)

Tears.

Shock.

Phone calls to her and my mum.

Handle flown off.

Kids impressed, she who must be obeyed says "why didn't you talk to me about it?!" Because you would have said no or talked me out of it!

Welcome to the Dog House.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter