Sign in to follow this  
Guest Booti

Codemaster F1 2011

Guest Booti

Anyone moving onto the new version this month ?

Its finally out on pre-order through Steam. I already have it on backorder for PS3, but again wondering if i should get the PC version this time.

Last night I played the PC version for over an hour, just trying to beat the bronze time on Monza, in a Ferarri. On each lap I nailed 99% of the corners always getting one wrong, not always the same one.

My 13yd old son came into the office to ask what I was swearing at? I gave him the control and four laps later he nailed it, beaing the bronze time by almost half a second. 4 laps. FOUR laps. That's all it took him on a game he'd never played and the first two of them he was doing the same as me, i.e. trying to race like NFS / Grid and drift. On the third he'd worked out how to steer / brake and on the fourth I showed him DRS and KERS for him to beat the bronze time.

It's so annoying!

I've just won my first GP, even qualifying in pole ... and with some of the assists (like braking) switched off :)

I'm gonna be ready for Booti next time!

Guest daftchip

playing it on xbox (I know!) and just started my career with williams on hard just with auto gears and finding the waaay harder than the medium setting :P also noticed alot of changed to the way the cars handle from the last one, monza used to be a dead cert for me but found myself spinning out on corners id usually nail

really need to learn how to manual shift :(

Using a joypad I don't know if I could manually change gear, I have enough problems with braking and staying on the track, using kers and drs. Adding manual gear changes would be tricky for me.

I've found that in practise and qualifying I'm having to be really careful about when to deploy DRS. Any use of it on a bend has me spinning off. I use it on the straight, brake into a bend and then whack it back on as I come out but if slightly out of position I fly off the track.

Must try harder!

Guest daftchip

i use my kers on the slow corners and whack drs soon as my cars straigtened out, getting used to it more now though and making steady progress in my season although monaco is still a DNF track for me lol

After winning a couple of races I wanted to make it harder so upped the difficulty. Next race, Monte Carlo or rather, the race where I may as well not have a front wing. Parctise was bad, qualifying was dismal and the race (in heavy rain) was a disaster. It's an absloute nightmare to steer!

Guest Booti

you need so much wing at Monaco its crazy

i need to get playing this again, really enjoyed Epic, but only had one race since.

According to this report a new patch will be available this week for F1 2011. I guess it should come through Steam automatically?