Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic.SEVEN - Big Games & Fun Tournaments

It's that time again when we start to pull together our big games and fun tournaments for epic.SEVEN and as usual we want your ideas to see what will feature in the programme.

Remember, we're looking for games that get a significant number of players, so we leave things like smaller RTS games off the timetable for you to organise amongst yourselves. Similarly the more social games like Werewolves and 'cards' are more spontaneous and fit around other things going on.

So let us know and we'll get our timetable put up as soon as possible so you can buy any games needed if you don't already have them.

HLDM ... but no guns except the gravity gun.

Hockey tournament

Trackmania ... but I think the scf guys might be doing something for that

HLDM with guns :)

No ... you won that by camping with the rocket launcher!

HLDM should be played without guns!

There is a script to run it without guns; and we will definitely have that fixed and running for epic.SEVEN; also, "Hockey?" will be running; as demonstrated at epic.six it does run on LAN easily (can't say much for internetz tho!) good suggestions so far Elsie & Bez! :D

Remember guys; games that are unheard of or are very rarely played at LANs can often become popular (I brought prop hunt into this LAN a while back) so if you think something could go huge; then hey suggest it! We're always open to ideas :D

Adding to this: I'd love to see some Plain Sight being played at this LAN!

Guest Bez
HLDM with guns :)

No ... you won that by camping with the rocket launcher!

HLDM should be played without guns!

Haha, but i also won the hl:dm tournament! Plus the rocket launcher is epic lolz when your like 46-0 :D

On topic - Starcraft 2 would be nice to see :)

So, we so far have the following ideas:

HLDM

Trackmania

Soldat

Zombie Escape (~)

'Hockey?'

Anything else that springs to anyone's minds, even if it's something we haven't done in a while or something that not many people know about, Hockey? for example!

Another few ideas just to refresh some minds:

Big Games

Prop-Hunt

CS : S Fun Maps

Quake (IV ?)

The Ship

Fun Tournaments

Melon Racer

Warsow

Blur

Even tournaments that could be held on consoles (it's not all about PC's you know!) such as Mario Kart, Super Smash Bro's to name a couple!

Get your thinking caps on and see what you can come up with! (if you don't have a thinking cap; i'll trade you one on TF2 ;-) )

Guest Drewby

Do you know if there will be any big LFD2 games and any strategy games that are commonly played ? Have to say my favourite is Sins of a solar empire but I don't know if many people play it.

There will quite possibly be a few L4D2 games played, as everyone's pretty up for that during the event, so we'll get some going for you, if you want an announcement for strategy games or anything, just come find us at the desk and we'll do our best to Organise something :)

That Sins of a Solar Empire looks interesting, must have missed it due to it not being on steam! - Any recommendations on expansion packs?

Guest Drewby

Thanks for the replies. As for Sins expansion packs the digital download SOASE Trinity which is a £12 digital download on Gamestop Impulse is the original game + both expansions. There is a third on the way and owning Trinity gets you a discount on it.

Guest Bob
Thanks for the replies. As for Sins expansion packs the digital download SOASE Trinity which is a £12 digital download on Gamestop Impulse is the original game + both expansions. There is a third on the way and owning Trinity gets you a discount on it.

I'll play L4D2 with you Mr Drewby ;D

Yeah, for smaller games such as L4D and RTS it's best to just shout up or get a member of staff to put something over the PA system.

There's also a 'tweet wall' that lets you send messages on to the big screen through Twitter, such as "Game of xxxxx going up now".

Also, our intranet page constantly scans certain games servers running on the event, so things like L4D show up on there for everyone to see how many slots are available.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter