Sign in to follow this  
Guest Old

Uttoxeter clubs

Guest Old

Any clubs in a walkable distance from uttoxeter?

if not, would you have any idea where the nearest clubs are.

thanks

Guest cOHYEAHraig

yeah basically so that I can stumble/crawl back to my wonderful PC in one piece

I'm too old for clubs so have no idea ... but I guess there must be something in Uttoxeter?

Guest cOHYEAHraig

We did have a quick look on google maps, couldn't find anything sadly! Hopefully someone can help out :)

There are no clubs in "walking" distance of the venue. There are pubs. The nearest decent "club" (Yes, singular) is on the opposite side of Uttoxeter which will be around 30 mins walk.

My advice is if your after a good night out on the Friday or Saturday is to arrange transport and accommodation somewhere nearby.

Derby for example, whilst not amazing is still a million times better than Uttoxeter. Or Stafford, but only if your desperate.

Got more money? Try Birmingham

Hanley is decent but its accomodation that might be a bitch. You could taxi it back to Lan from Hanley for like £40. A tenner each between 4 of you.

I'm going to Nottingham on the Saturday night which is also an option.

Guest cOHYEAHraig

Cheers Kaneth, that's some good info there... Seems like it will be an effort to get clubbing while down in Uttoxeter so a tent party it may have to be! 5 gamers in a 3man tent, now there's a story.

Guest daftchip

tent party? 5 guys in a 3 man tent when you can only buy alcohol from the bar? :P have fun!!

Guest Old
tent party? 5 guys in a 3 man tent when you can only buy alcohol from the bar? :P have fun!!

oh, we forgot tesco was strictly forbidden

Guest cOHYEAHraig

I think I was taken completely seriously, obviously you run a licensed premises and will not allow anyone to consume their own alcohol inside the building or in the camping areas but I'm sure we can enjoy a few cheaper drinks outside the venue and return to a couple from the bar :)

The drinks from the bar aren't that unreasonable considering its an event and we did get them cheaper last event than we've had before. If you still insist on going somewhere cheaper i would suggest weatherspoons in town..

Yeah, plenty of pubs in town in easy walking distance from the venue.

Guest Old

fair enough.

We don't mind paying bar prices, but if your bar shuts at 12:30, thats an early night :o got to have alternatives :)

ty for the info though, appreciate it.

They don't mind people stocking up at closing time

I recall Minidisk doing that a few years back.... Buying 6-7 pints at closing time and lining them up on his desk... :D

Bez! You've proved your LAN inability to keep alcohol inside your stomach!

You don't need longer bar hours, you need to slow down! :P;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter