Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

TsuNami

Some Questions

So Hopefully if my bank has their arses in gear Ill be making my first epiclan appearance (YES LAN!)

I have a couple of questions:

Food + Drink: How much should i be willing to bring for food and drink? What are the standard prices? What options are there?

Parking: Can I Park my car and leave it within say 15 metres from the event (for sleeping purposes)

Showers: I hate not having a shower in the morning, are they decent? How long is the wait usually in the morning?

Smoking: Is there a sheltered smoking area?

Cheers

TsuNami

Food - there are food vans on site, good for a one off or emergency binge but best get most of your food from local supermarkets.

Parking - this is very close to the event, but sleeping in your car is not advised, you will get VERY cold as you are essentially in a metal box.

Showers - last event I was at showers were very good. get up early to avoid queues, or wait for breakfast and grab one while everyone else is eating

Smoking - I don't think there is a dedicated smoking area, but it is not polite to smoke in the area between the 2 rooms - while technically outside, the draught blows smoke directly into the 2 rooms when the doors open, and anyone moving from one room to another doesn't want smoke in their face.

I'm sure one of the epic staff can get you more precise answers.

I've slept in my car twice at epic and will be again this time. Omni is right about it being cold but I would rather be in my car & sleeping bag then a tent ... or a room of snorers, of which I am one!

As for food, I bring cereals, cereal bars, water and soft drinks with me to save money. A full breakfast is about £4 and I either have that or a ready made salad bowl from Tesco (5 mind drive) and then have pizza / curry / whatever general consensus is in the evening.

There are 4 showers but timing is key!

Enjoy the LAN!

Basically answered by people above but just for 'official' confirmation

Food/Drink - I'll put a bar and catering list up later today, but prices are quite reasonable. There's on-site catering that does your typical burgers, through to chicken & chips, salads, jacket potato etc. I'd say Tesco is in walking distance, you'll probably pass it on the way in anyway so you can judge as you go past.

Parking - Yes, that's fine, parking is in front of the main building that we use.

Showers - I'd say they are quite good for temporary event showers, warm and reasonably powerful. They're individual cubicles with sink, hooks, shelf etc. Obviously it will be busy between say 9-11 but even then, I've only ever had to queue behind 1-2 people at most. Avoid the peak times and you'll be straight in.

Smoking - Can't smoke in the covered walkway between the two rooms, it does need to be completely outside. However if you stand on the terraced area where people would watch during racedays, this is covered.

Basically answered by people above but just for 'official' confirmation

Food/Drink - I'll put a bar and catering list up later today, but prices are quite reasonable. There's on-site catering that does your typical burgers, through to chicken & chips, salads, jacket potato etc. I'd say Tesco is in walking distance, you'll probably pass it on the way in anyway so you can judge as you go past.

Parking - Yes, that's fine, parking is in front of the main building that we use.

Showers - I'd say they are quite good for temporary event showers, warm and reasonably powerful. They're individual cubicles with sink, hooks, shelf etc. Obviously it will be busy between say 9-11 but even then, I've only ever had to queue behind 1-2 people at most. Avoid the peak times and you'll be straight in.

Smoking - Can't smoke in the covered walkway between the two rooms, it does need to be completely outside. However if you stand on the terraced area where people would watch during racedays, this is covered.

Brilliant many thanks, What time do the games start on saturday and sunday?

Will depend things are up to from the previous day (presume you mean for the tournaments?). Assume 10/11 but the schedules will be released each evening for the next day so people can plan when to get up etc.

It's easy Zorg, I black out the windows, lay my foam bed out, get into my sleeping bag, close my eyes and dream about Beyonce :P

I've done it a couple of times after turning up to LANs without any sort of plan for staying over. Remember it being fine in my old Mondeo as it was roomy enough, painful in the Eos though!

I don't know how people can sleep in cars, tried it once it was horrible. :/

I wouldn't want to inflict my snoring on everyone else, so I tend to avoid communal sleeping...At least I only have 1 person kicking me then instead of 10 :)

It's a close call between car and tent for me. I find the car loses a little less heat than my tent, plus there's always the option of running the engine for 15 mins to heat things up initially if it's *really* cold. Being a big estate it's just big enough to take a double airbed with the rear seats completely flat, so actual sleeping comfort is really no different to tent. I doubt I'd be able to say the same if my car was any smaller.

Headroom is an issue though when getting in and out of sleeping bags etc., which obviously with a tent isn't really a problem. Elsie really has the best solution in that respect...But I wouldn't want my car to be anymore bus-like than it already is :)

Slept in my little Ibiza couple of epics ago when my tent leaked badly during the night.

Front seat all the way back and it wasnt bad, did wake up with a dead leg thoe. Just the peace and quiet and the fact it was dry was good enough for me.

And for those camping, we're not expecting any VW enthusiasts this weekend!

they will all crash coming around the island before the race course so no worries :D

We should get Omni to erect a L3SG at the gates just in case ... if he was coming :(

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter