Winbar

epic.SEVEN Feedback

Survey OpenSadly, epic.SEVEN is now over! We hope you've all enjoyed the event and we look forward to seeing you at epic.EIGHT in February 2012 back here at Uttoxeter Racecourse.

As always, we want to hear your thoughts on the event so that we can continue to make improvements to give you more great LAN events. You can let us know what you think in the following ways:

Thanks to everyone for attending, see you again soon!

The Good...

Same as always, the attendees, staff, venue staff, the 22 player Warewolves game, and just everything else in general!

The Bad...

Someone (Staff or venue staff?) throwing away the rest of my pizza, and the garlic bread over night, while I wasn't there... that was gonna be my breakfast :(

The network on our row failing a few times, and then the venue staff tripping up cables causing 1/2 the hall to go down lol

Oh, and the catering van out side needs nicer bread too! :/

The Ugly...

JoeShow wax fest.. (Ugly, but not in a bad way obviously... haha!!)

but honestly, I can't think of anything that was "ugly" or really bad...

Guest Booti

The Good

The whole event. It really does just gel together well now.

The Slightly inconvenient

Few network / internet issues, but these were fixed very quickly by Zorg, Murray, Matt and HG (after Murrray had words with someone....you know who you are, lol)

The Bad

No KustomPC :cry:

No DJ off, Superchef was sorely missed (although Haden played some great stuff as usual) :cry:

The Ugly

Joeshow getting a waxing. Man that was brutal (can i get the link to make a donation after payday please)

Elsie trying to drive an F1 car.......man you even get a racing line to follow :twisted::lol:

Joeshow getting a waxing. Man that was brutal (can i get the link to make a donation after payday please)

www.justgiving.com/Joe-Styrka

I'm honoured that i'm your ugly Ghozer!

The good

The epic staff - Good to see the new guys fitted in well and had a good chat with them.

Guitar hero

completing a 12 hour charity show

winning the boat race - Even if i was a bad winner.

Playing werewolves for the first time

Casually getting into the finals of the UT tourny.

The Bad

It ended.

The Ugly.

Wayne talking to me about charitable deeds blind drunk (Wayne being the chap i got to wax!)

The Bad

No KustomPC :cry:

Sorry :( Will be back in proper form next time for sure. Gutted that I couldn't make it, but it was just really working against me this time.

No essay from me, I've come down with a rather 'orrible case of LAN flu and I feel as bad as Booti looks :twisted:

The Good

The whole event, it just works so well which is due to ...

The staff who do such a great job in making everything go well

Losing my Werewolves Virginity and wondering WTF I haven't played before?!

The 12 hour radio marathon by Joe and finally seeing how GFM works

Meeting new people such as the CantFitMyN and GFM teams and Tyler (who is the spitting image of my youngest son) and his brothers.

The pub meal with Astrolox; a little oasis of calm in the middle of the LAN!

Games of TF2, Blur, Trackmania and F1, even though I suck at it!

I went to bed on Friday at 4.30am after the Joe Show marathon, at 5am on Saturday and 6am on Sunday due to Werewolves. I'm too old for this but being at epic makes me feel young again - so that's good!

The Bad

Being stabbed so many times by Razz in the TF2 big games!

It's over so quickly - it feels like 10 mins from Winbar handing out glow sticks to saying goodbye :(

Coming down with a cold / flu on Sunday night

Hearing about the unfortuate CS "incident" and seeing a thread of over 900 comments on cadred about it. It saddens me that instead of the CS community talking about how good the event was and somebody new winning, it sounds like a bunch of 10 year olds in the play ground.

The Ugly

Seeing Joe Show in his boxer shorts being waxed. if I'd have known that was coming I would have paid double to avoid watching! ;)

And finally ...

Elsie trying to drive an F1 car.......man you even get a racing line to follow :twisted::lol:

I'd only played the game for 40 mins before the LAN after 100's (probably THOUSANDS) of hours of drifting around corners in all manner of racing games, I can't get my head around having to break and then turn ... It's not natural! ;)

Guest Bez

Rofl, punched at lan. Should have brought Tigz over there to sort it out :D

rcon sv_maxrate 1048576

rcon sv_minrate 1048576

Maximum rate in css, and should always be used on lan. :D

On the css servers next time :D means u don't get the low rate noob warpers + thats what rate should be used on lan.

other than that, good event, thnx for the win :DDD xxx

rcon sv_maxrate 1048576

rcon sv_minrate 1048576

Maximum rate in css, and should always be used on lan. :D

On the css servers next time :D means u don't get the low rate noob warpers + thats what rate should be used on lan.

other than that, good event, thnx for the win :DDD xxx

Could someone translate this please? I have no idea what he just said! :shock:

If you put them commands on the css servers as a default value rather than me having to change it every time, it would be a lot better for everyone and would make the game a lot more smoother ingame like it is meant to be played on LAN.

Ah CSS, the wonderful game where you need a heapfull of console commands just to make it even work at all.

Just saw the thread on Cadred after a bit of digging, lol :P

The Bad

Being stabbed so many times by Raz in the TF2 big games!

At lite I'm sat next to you so you can poke me when I start doing it again :P

Perhaps a bit late on this thread, but whatever...

As always now, cracking LAN, so not going to split feedback into categories, as at worst, there's only a couple of minor things I wanted to mention:

- Sunday morning, 10am, the changeover from quiet sleepy hall to loud music was a bit sudden. Gradual increase over 15-30 mins would've been much nicer. Unless that was intentional of course. It was almost (but not quite) enough to make me get up and go ask for it to be turned down a touch.

- I love the showers, they don't seem to like me :) That's the 2nd time in the last 3 LAN's where the hot water has cut out halfway through my shower. Thankfully I had my phone on me, so credit to Dunce?? for changing the gas over or whatever you did within about 3 minutes of me phoning a fellow LANer to pass the message on.

- That damn door...I'm sure there's some health and safety tickbox that'll prevent it, but as a thought, once everyone is in and setup Thursday, if you put a bin (chair, obstacle, etc.) either side of the broken door to discourage people from using it, that would probably result in people using the one with the closer still working.

- For future reference, I have jump leads in my car :) Apparantly I'd missed the original shout-out, but when I found out quarter of an hour later I went straight out and got the car with the flat battery going.

As I say, just minor comments, great job yet again peeps, am now paid up and seated for Feb 2012, so cya then.

I did indeed provide you with lovely hot water when I was told it had gone cold :) Every so often the pilot light went out so a quick spark later and all was well :)

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter