Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Haden

It's down to you guys!!!

Alright everyone :-D

I'd just like to take the time to say a massive thanks to everyone that attended epic.SEVEN, without you guys we wouldn't be able to have such fantastic events! A massive thanks to those who also helped out with blackouts and other activities that we needed help with :-D i'm hoping Dunce isn't being too lazy and has given you all achievements!

Anyway, more to the point epic.EIGHT is fast approaching...

16 Weeks.

Some of you will say this is AGESSSS , it comes round fast, believe me. (No Haden's mum jokes there, please ;-) ). But what we really want to know is, while epic.SEVEN is fresh in your minds;

Is...

What did you miss out on at the event?

What did you not see on the schedule that you'd like to see next time?

What do you want to see MORE of?

& For those that somehow missed the event...

SHAME ON YOU. No, really...

What are you looking forward to at epic.EIGHT?

Is there anything that you'd like us to introduce at epic.EIGHT?

You get the idea :-) , but seriously guys... We as a whole do our best to provide an all-round social gaming atmosphere for you guys in Hall 1, but at the end of the day... you're paying to attend, so we want to know if there's anything we're doing wrong, or not doing enough off (or too much :-P ) .

We're not gonna flame you or whatever for voicing your opinions so dont worry one bit, this is purely for us to build on from epic.SEVEN to provide the best LAN parties for you guys EVAR! :-D

Thanks Everyone! :-)

Guest UKTamo

I DEMAND GraemeKustom to be in attendance, and provide the audio for a bit on Hall 1 (Casual)

Maybe a bit more staff presence away from the desks, like wandering about would be good.

Zorg on heely wheelies doesn't quite cut it :P

It's nearly a 3rd of a year away Haden.

Your mum comes a lot quicker than that ;)

As for things to introduce at Epic 8 I'm gonna go with Ladies drink for free, that'll balance the sausages quite nicely. :D

Guest UKTamo
It's nearly a 3rd of a year away Haden.

Your mum comes a lot quicker than that ;)

As for things to introduce at Epic 8 I'm gonna go with Ladies drink for free, that'll balance the sausages quite nicely. :D

Upvoting this.

I have no idea how it would work, or what games to play, but I'd really like to see an RTS tourney of some kind. Spoke briefly to Winbar and Murraymint about it, will give it some thought. Also, what about a L4D league?

I have no idea how it would work, or what games to play, but I'd really like to see an RTS tourney of some kind. Spoke briefly to Winbar and Murraymint about it, will give it some thought. Also, what about a L4D league?

We've tried a few things with L4D in the past as it's a game a lot of us do play, but with the duration of a standard game being so long people get bored very early, even in a simple elimination format. Last event we tried something different using survival mode where people had all weekend to submit a time on a number of maps with the best times winning, meaning people could play at their convenience, sadly only 1-2 teams entered, despite the interest shown before the event.

Guest daftchip

Regards to l4d, not particularly bothered but you could do last 2 parts of a full level?

I personally prefer less scheduled activities and miss the on the fly shouting I remember from years back :D

And you must ask Ben back as Security, that bloke is top banana.

Last event we tried something different using survival mode where people had all weekend to submit a time on a number of maps with the best times winning, meaning people could play at their convenience, sadly only 1-2 teams entered, despite the interest shown before the event.

Which is weird as I saw lots of folk playing the game over the last weekend. :shock:

And you must ask Ben back as Security, that bloke is top banana.

Indeed he is, best security ever!

Last event we tried something different using survival mode where people had all weekend to submit a time on a number of maps with the best times winning, meaning people could play at their convenience, sadly only 1-2 teams entered, despite the interest shown before the event.

Which is weird as I saw lots of folk playing the game over the last weekend. :shock:

Guess it's the difference between choosing to play casually and pressured to play in a tournament. As soon as you're into a tournament format, you must play x matches between x times and that's possibly just something people don't want to do.

True enough. I only entered 1 tournament over the weekend, and that was by accident! I'm crap at FPS games so decided to not play them, and enjoyed myself more because of it. I would play L4D/2 though.

I'm usually asleep when tournaments start :(

Start them later! Before midday doesn't exist on lan weekends as far as I'm concerned :P

Swyft, I know what you mean as I almost missed the start of the F1 games as I was only just having my breakfast!

However, there are only so many hours in the day and I guess if we want to play in a tournament / big game the onus is on us to get up earlier! :)

Guest MastacheifBOX

On the casual side of LAN and not sure there is much if anything to improve as you guys rock. I'm hoping to return to a few lans in 2012 starting with epic 8 once i've paid and find someone to sit with

Do it Cheif :)

As for games, I'm practising on F1 2011 and would welcome another go at this, if only to hear Booti screaming at me "Elsie! Stay on the bleeping track man!"

I thought cornering was optional ... and I still can't get used to a F1 car not drifting!

F1 2011 was good just needed a couple more people to make it really good.

I wish I had recorded the in game chat as it was comedy.

F1 2011 was good just needed a couple more people to make it really good.

Agreed! I spent long periods on my own or being chased down by Booti shouting at me to stay on the track. The more on track, the better as I'd love to have been able to use DRS!

I used DRS once with booti but thats only because I stayed behind him till I got to the zone. When I finally did use it I promptly pushed him off the track hehe.

What's the deal with the music system in hall 1? Would be nice to be able to request songs on the intraweb. Would be even nicer to be able to upload tracks that you guys dont have. Obviously some sort of vetting process needed, once a night someone checks tracks and then adds the suitable ones to list... not that anyone here would abuse a un-vetted track uploader system. Failing that, a simple way to request tracks to be available before the event.

I think some Alestorm would go down a treat at epic 8....

What's the deal with the music system in hall 1? Would be nice to be able to request songs on the intraweb. Would be even nicer to be able to upload tracks that you guys dont have. Obviously some sort of vetting process needed, once a night someone checks tracks and then adds the suitable ones to list... not that anyone here would abuse a un-vetted track uploader system. Failing that, a simple way to request tracks to be available before the event.

I think some Alestorm would go down a treat at epic 8....

Hey RedPlague,

The music request system we use; gathers information from the playlist thats in use at the time during the event; we had to make some minor swaps from time to time resulting in the playlist / request system crashing.

This is now being looked into and we should have a full working request system for you guys next event; managing 000's of tracks and trying to get everything running smoothly with no issues is sometimes a challenge, but don't worry things will be sorted next event :-)

Also where you mentioned tracks available before the event; then feel free to do so, we should be able to add it to the system; as we usually condense our library into a smaller playlist for the event but if there's certain tracks people want in then we will do our best :-D

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter