Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Administrator

epic.EIGHT - Fun Games Timetable

epic.EIGHT TimetableYes, it's that time in the run up to one of our LAN events where we start to look at our timetable of big games and fun tournaments!

epic.EIGHT is happening next month and it's looking like one of our biggest events yet, with spaces almost gone in Hall 1 already!

As usual we'll have plenty of activities, and here's where you tell us what sort of games you'd like to see. As before we'll have a few fun tournaments over a couple of game genres and a packed timetable of big games throughout the day and night, as well as the usual activities like our Pub Quiz.

So head on over to the forums and let us know what you'd like to see, we'll then get the timetable up so you can make sure you have all of the games included.

Guest Bob

ARRMMAAGETTROOONN!!! :D

And blur... TF2, obligatory, WARCRAFT (I say this every LAN but only Goten plays with me :P)

F1

Very very very likely to have this as a fun tournament again

My 2 cents.

The driving games have always gone down a storm so Blur or Trackmania even though I know we will be playing F1. I especially think Trackmania is a great tournament game as its completely free and simple enough rules... chuck a map on, let it run for 20 mins, top times continue. And blur seemed to be a crowd pleaser at epic 6.

I thought the UT at my previous event (epic 6) was not as good as epic 5 due to the game mode. I don't play much UT so don't know the exact names but at epic 5 there was 1 objective and everyone was in confined quarters with just 1 vehicles (the tank) and it was absolute chaos (in a good way). At epic 6 I spent 20 mins running around looking for good vehicles and when I did start to get into it, most ppl had left. So a simpler gametype would be a suggestion.

Of course the usual fun games such as TF2, CSS fun maps and TF2 Dodgeball are always good providing TF2 doesn't get patched the night before and break dodgeball.

WARCRAFT (I say this every LAN but only Goten plays with me :P)

Some form of Custom Hero Line Wars? Maybe some TD? or classic skirmish?

Warcraft is awesome, even if the normal way I end CHLW is with the game crashing on someones machine :P

F1

Blur

Armageton (Decagons!)

HL2: Deathmatch (Always good for a chuckle)

Hidden

L4D2

Altitude

TF2

Out of all though I would have to say F1 is a MUST, even if more people have Blur =P

F1

Blur

Armageton (Decagons!)

HL2: Deathmatch (Always good for a chuckle)

Hidden

L4D2

Altitude

TF2

=P

As Meatloaf sang .... You took the words right out of my my mouth.

But it wasn't while you were kissing me!

Guest Bez

Standard tf2 sniping hs time. cu @ lan boyz :D

Guest fremanofkol

I Have To Ask for L4D2, Scavange would be best.

Also Goldeneye Source, and a nice retro classic of UT:GOTY

Guest Booti

L4D

L4D2

F1 : 2011 (Elsie, this time its personal :))

Sup Comm

Sup Comm 2

even got Blur at last so i can give that a try

Great feedback there Redplague

If you do have game modes/ maps that you really enjoy (or have hated!) Let us know!

Booti, I don't need brakes. I just use your rear end :)

As long as you're just talking about F1 Elsie ;-)

Guest Bob

I call we play LoL! *Waits for haters who gone hate*

Also, I'm sure i'll be running a few games of Dungeon Defenders if anyones in?

Also a bit of UT4 :D

Guest fremanofkol
I call we play LoL! *Waits for haters who gone hate*

Also, I'm sure i'll be running a few games of Dungeon Defenders if anyones in?

Also a bit of UT4 :D

Didn't know that LOL had LAN Functionality in fact i'm almost certain it doesn't

Guest qbnut

I would definitely be in on UT99! Deck16 and Morpheus for sure.

Oh, and Blur :)

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter