Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Administrator

epic.EIGHT - Fun Games Timetable

F1

Blur

Armageton (Decagons!)

HL2: Deathmatch (Always good for a chuckle)

Hidden

L4D2

Altitude

TF2

=P

As Meatloaf sang .... You took the words right out of my my mouth.

But it wasn't while you were kissing me!

I just look forward to the F1 myself. As long as I'm not stating the side of you Elsie. I don't wan to be rammed off the track on the first corner xD

UT99 will be interesting. It'll be a new game for me >.<

Bah, why F1 when Grid is much more arcadey and fun! Has open wheel as well

Pirates Vikings Knights II - avast!

Trackmania - cars

Guest Bez

More soldat players this time!

wc3ft, sc2, dota2 (lan?)

UT99!

Must have spent half of the last epic lite trying to get people play to no avail :(

Guest qbnut

Stick to just Deathmatch, or throw in a bit of Assault for good measure?

I thought the UT at my previous event (epic 6) was not as good as epic 5 due to the game mode. I don't play much UT so don't know the exact names but at epic 5 there was 1 objective and everyone was in confined quarters with just 1 vehicles (the tank) and it was absolute chaos (in a good way). At epic 6 I spent 20 mins running around looking for good vehicles and when I did start to get into it, most ppl had left. So a simpler gametype would be a suggestion.

I think he might be saying that he prefers Assault to Onslaught.

I'd agree, but only on the basis that Onslaught requires actual team work to be "not frustrating". Assault on the other hand works quite well when you have a "team" of individuals each doing their own thing towards the objective.

As for death match, I'd prefer team death match rather than free for all, in the hopes that it would limit a single persons ability to just dominate.

That said, any UT is fun and a bit of variety would definitely keep me more interested than just repeating the same game mode over and over.

TDM vs DM depends on numbers imo. With smaller player counts DM is great, but with it a lot of people it just turns into a spammy chaotic mess!

Bah, why F1 when Grid is much more arcadey and fun! Has open wheel as well

I'd be up for some GRID - it's a great fun game, with huge variety in cars and racing styles.

As far as I'm aware, you can't easily play GRID multiplayer any more. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_Driver:_Grid#Servers_discontinued - not sure if this also applies to LAN games though.

TBQH, I'd be up for almost any racing game, provided it's not "Trackmania with insane tracks that I can't actually navigate" ;)

On my clan forums we have been discussing Serious Sam: BFE. Apparently it has 16 player co-op.

We do a lot of vs. games at lans, a big game of co-op might be a change.

Only problem is its £30. If you can find 3 friends and buy a pack, then its £22.50.

Anyone got it? Worth a punt?

An SS: BFE co-op big game sounds awesome (and probably hilarious). I'd buy the game for that, especially as I'd been planning to check it out anyway.

I can't really afford to get the new one, but I would love to play through some of the HD ones which I managed to get in the summer steam sale, and which are amazing fun :D

Guest poohat

hmmm would be great if we had

League of legends

maybe Counter-Strike 1.6 !!

hmmm and and and ... TF2 ofc. ;)

Guest Bez
hmmm would be great if we had

League of legends

maybe Counter-Strike 1.6 !!

hmmm and and and ... TF2 ofc. ;)

1.6 :)

I think he might be saying that he prefers Assault to Onslaught.

I'd agree, but only on the basis that Onslaught requires actual team work to be "not frustrating". Assault on the other hand works quite well when you have a "team" of individuals each doing their own thing towards the objective.

As for death match, I'd prefer team death match rather than free for all, in the hopes that it would limit a single persons ability to just dominate.

That said, any UT is fun and a bit of variety would definitely keep me more interested than just repeating the same game mode over and over.

I agree with you however my other point was that (in my opinion) the majority of big games need to meet the following criteria...

- be cheap (or something that everyone already has)

- have a simple game type / map (so those who are playing for the first time don't get put off)

- have support for large amounts of players (obviously)

If a game doesn't meet these requirements then they can fail to be a good big game no matter how good the game is on its own (e.g. Left4Dead).

I know this all sounds obvious and probably a moot point however its worth keeping in mind as we do seem to have quite a few new to epic and just because we have done a game or game type before shouldn't stop it happening again.

Guest Bez

Big game of savage this time? Don't remember too many people playing it last time. Maybe 8 or 9 at the most.

Big game of savage this time? Don't remember too many people playing it last time. Maybe 8 or 9 at the most.

Aye, but you can't force people to play. All they can do is put up the servers and make the shout outs, if people want to play they will.

any anyone has picked up trine 2 I'd play it with them :) not even touched it yet ._.

With savage, by the time I'd got the game down (due to update that wasn't on the ftp!) there were only 3 or so people in there :(

any anyone has picked up trine 2 I'd play it with them :) not even touched it yet ._.

You want me to spend money on steam Raz?

...NEV... Ok, brought.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter