Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Guest Tipper

RTS.....proper games :)

Guest Tipper

Hi all

Starcraft 2

SINS of a solar empire

Sup com 1FA ,2....if 2 works

Company of heroes

So who else is up for playing these, maybe sort out some mini competition or big fun games.

Thought I'd drum up some interest and make sure I don't miss out on any good RTS action.

A few of us usually try and get a game or 2 of Forged Alliance in over the space of the weekend. :)

Although most of us are fairly rusty and only play a few times a year at LANs. If you play them a lot you might not get much of a challenge!

Id be in for some SC2, alot of the Beyond Defeat boys would have a game too.

I'm up for some FA, have been playing it a fair bit with some of the other [FTB] guys, would be good to put the skills to the test! =D SC2 still has crashing problems online, but can give it a go. :)

Like a certain character created by AA Milne, I am a bear with a very small brain and these games make it hurt. I'll stick to pushing tiny cart or playing F1 dodgems ;)

Guest Tipper

Is red alert 2 the one where it's first person to spam alien spaceships wins ? :P

CnC peaked at generals I reckon

So what version of FA are u FTB guys playing so I can sure to join in :)

That and anyone figure out how to get supcom 2 to work properly ? :)

Is Starcraft 2 at the LAN going to cause problems then.... I'm sure it worked ok before ?

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun FTW!

SupCom 2 should be renamed Generic RTS Game 19

Starcraft 2 is a bit iffy, sometimes you can play seemlessly but others you might as well be playing on a 56k modem.

I wouldn't mind some Civ5, that can always be fun!

we normally play the steam version of FA but i know ive got 1.5 still installed and a couple of my friends have, its a shame you didnt pick it up for a couple quid in the steam sale! :o;)

Guest Booti
Remember SC2 doesn't have a LAN mode!

By that you mean Starcraft2, not Sup Com2, that does have a LAN mode :)

we normally play the steam version of FA but i know ive got 1.5 still installed and a couple of my friends have, its a shame you didnt pick it up for a couple quid in the steam sale! :o;)

This x2!

Guest Tipper

Dam it's £10 now, if your playing it a lot I may just get it at the LAN on steam and copy files across :) don't want to miss out on big SC FA games

On the subject of SC2 playing it at 56k modem speed it's still a load faster then most rts.... More zerglings !!!!!

And Civ 5 would be great to get a game of that, not sure it's technically RTS THOUGH :P

Didn't realise there was a difference between the Steam and Normal versions of Supcom FA :/

Guest Bez
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun FTW!

SupCom 2 should be renamed Generic RTS Game 19

Starcraft 2 is a bit iffy, sometimes you can play seemlessly but others you might as well be playing on a 56k modem.

I wouldn't mind some Civ5, that can always be fun!

Tiberian sun would be awesome, except, you can't play it on win 7 as it uses the old IPX network protocol which win 7 removed.

Unless your swyft who still has xp.

Guest Tipper

The steam version is definatly different to the one I have.... If someone can tell me the actual patch or version number the "steam" one is running it would help.... Mine may just need patching

And we should also sort out a game of savage that was so much fun when we got that going at one of the LANs

Guest Tipper

The steam version is definatly different to the one I have.... If someone can tell me the actual patch or version number the "steam" one is running it would help.... Mine may just need patching

And we should also sort out a game of savage that was so much fun when we got that going at one of the LANs

Guest Booti

Sup Com cannot be mixed between Retail and Steam.

We have tried before, but they just wont play nice together

Total Annihilation, bitches!

I still have LOLZ.ISO kicking around somewhere.

Edit: LOLZ.ISO located!

AWWWWW YYEEEAAAHHHH

Praise be to Omnituens for making that awesome .iso

Guest UKTamo

CoH, yes. Command and Conquer 3/Generals, yes.

Sup Com 2, yes.

RTS me up :)

Guest qbnut

Tiberian sun would be awesome, except, you can't play it on win 7 as it uses the old IPX network protocol which win 7 removed.

Unless your swyft who still has xp.

I have a patch that translates the IPX LAN support for use over UDP. Basically, it's a wsock32.dll replacement DLL you drop into the games folder, and that's it. I used it at a mini-LAN and it works fine!

EDIT: patch HERE

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter