Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

tommyV

Worth bringing a console?

Hello!

Having not been to an epic.LAN before, I've no idea what kind of popularity consoles (namely a 360) have at these events?

Is it worth bringing mine? I'd imagine not, but thought I'd ask. Would be looking to play MW3, if others were interested.

In terms of connections, I'd imagine that only one device to be connected to the LAN at any one point!

Thanks!

In terms of connections, I'd imagine that only one device to be connected to the LAN at any one point!

Unless you pay for an extra connection there is only one per desk.

Their is a xbox 360 in the console area connected up to a projector! But beej's option also works.

I presume it doesn't stop you unplugging your PC and using the connection for the Xbox.

Tommy mate, my laptop has HDMI in so I am sure we can display through that when I am not using it. Or if your bringing a monitor for it let me know on our forums.... I am sure we could sort out space on our row.

due to power usage in the halls, turning off pc before using console would also be nice :)

You can bring consoles no problem. You will need to purchase an extra connection or use the wireless. We would also ask you put your PC to sleep or off so we dont go tripping the breakers (not that we have ever managed it)

If you have any questions during come to the front desk.

We would also ask you put your PC to sleep or off so we dont go tripping the breakers (not that we have ever managed it.

You do realise that you've just jinxed the event with that comment?!

If we lose power expect uncle Elsie to invite you for a quiet chat on my knee ;)

If we lose power expect uncle Elsie to invite you for a quiet chat on my knee ;)

Is that a bad thing though ;)

Thanks all for the swift responses!

I'll more than likely bring my monitor along side console + laptop. Ofcourse I'll disconnect/switch off anything in between using the two.

Am looking forward to epic.8, if anyone wants a few MW3 games during LAN add my gamertag 'tmmyV' in advance, and we can blow a few frags before the event :)

Guest Zenith
You can bring consoles no problem. You will need to purchase an extra connection or use the wireless. We would also ask you put your PC to sleep or off so we dont go tripping the breakers (not that we have ever managed it).
Maybe not at epic, but MPUK managed to blow the breakers at i99.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/306431.stm

"Insomnia 99 lasted 55 hours and managed to blow the fuses at a local electricity substation."

Ever since then, LAN party organisers try to take power into account. :)

I've done it in the past, pc off, console on etc and that should be fine.

The thing you've got to remember is that the power allowance is for your pc and a monitor (excepting gunsmith) so adding a another drain could cause you to blow your row out, and you'll have some unhappy people standing behind you with a length of pole ;)

I'd join you, but I've got mw3 on my ps3 :(

Might bring fifa 12 for xbox if anyone wants a game though! And Fifa 11 for when I get bitched too much at a game I still can't play properly ;)

Clear call out to Gee there, get your ass back to lan!

Guest Booti
You can bring consoles no problem. You will need to purchase an extra connection or use the wireless. We would also ask you put your PC to sleep or off so we dont go tripping the breakers (not that we have ever managed it).
Maybe not at epic, but MPUK managed to blow the breakers at i99.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/306431.stm

"Insomnia 99 lasted 55 hours and managed to blow the fuses at a local electricity substation."

Ever since then, LAN party organisers try to take power into account. :)

Pftt Amateurs 8)

Its no wonder though. With Americans running on 110v they need more amps to get the same power.

How they survive with 1.2Kw PSU's i have no idea

Guest MrVestek

If you're bringing a 360 then I may just throw a few games into my suitcase. Unless this goes against the spirit of having a 'spectator' ticket? :P

Spectators can use the console area, that's fine and yes, feel free to bring other games along.

Guest MrVestek

w00t!

Somebody needs to bring Guitar Hero guitars...

Guest MrVestek

Fan-fucking-tastic. I'll bring my collection of Guitar Hero games so.

Actually... should I throw Kinect into the bag too?

Guest MrVestek

Grand so, everything's sorted, lol.

I'll bring some Kinect games with me so. I have Kinect Sports, Michael Jackson The Experience and Dance Central.

I would pay to watch Mr Vestek vs Joe Show Dance Central game ... Just think of the £250 we'll make after submitting the clip to You've Been Framed ;)

- as long as some tone death mother trucker doesn't try and sing... I think the lasts epic I went too all you could here was pad, murdering cats in the distance.

It was horrific.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter