Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

GraemeKustom

Kustom Power Lap Contest

The Kustom power lap contest is underway!

For today we'll be recording the laptimes in a Subaru Impreza around the Spa circuit in Need for Speed Shift 2. The top 4 scores will go through to semi-finals and a final race showdown will take place tonight at 7.20pm (just before the pub quiz)

First prize is a £40 Kustom voucher, and we'll find some noms for the runners up.

Welcome to have as many attempts as you like at the lap time through the day, but no more than one at a time if there's other people waiting to try.

And even if you don't make it to the final, pop over to watch as it should be entertaining :)

The system is using the awesome GT Omega Racing Simulator, more info on those here - http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Steering_Wheels.html

47003_2.jpg

I think Graeme has a list of all entries and times. We'll get them up as soon as possible, but it was a huge number of people taking part and quite competitive :D

He nearly ran out of paper on his tournament management system!

Semi Finals were me, Jay, Mithious, and Hodgster.

Jay and Hodgster won their head to heads against me and Mithious to go into the final.

Final was won by Jay

Note to self:

More than an hour of playtime across Dirt 1,2 and 3 is required before attempting to beat Jay in a final :)

Well done mate.

Also, not to forget the others that did post damn good times, but weren't around when the final was taking place....As has been said, I'm sure a proper list will go up shortly.

And thanks Graeme for bringing along the kit in the first place, running the contest etc. etc......Belting the Zonda round Nordschleife after the quiz was an excellent bonus.

Massive thanks to Graeme for bring that kit. I want one at home.... I'd find a way to afford one if I actually had space to set it up. Dirt was massive fun on it, shame I didn't get a chance to do a few laps of Nordschleife on Shift! :D

Hodgster - You managed to edge me on the Spa lap on Shift mind. Albeit by 4 tenths or something! Pre-lan I'd hardly played Dirt either, few laps on Gunny's machine at previous LANs and that's it. If it wasn't for the crash you had and getting stuck on the side for a few seconds you'd have probably got me, I clipped a wall on the second lap spinning out and had to turn my car around losing a few seconds, just not quite as much as you lost from being stuck! Re-match next lan!

Thanks to all of those who took part or just popped by before or after for a shot on Dirt as well. Was good fun and a little bit of a change from flash games (sorry, Orvil)

Anyway, congrats to our top scores:

Hodgsta 2:41.556

_Jay_ 2:42.091

Booti 2:43.892

Swyft 2:47.783

Cypher 2:49.629

Mithious 2:50.175

The four of you that I could find took part in the semi-finals and finals using the special stages on Dirt 3 for some intense last minute racing with _Jay_ coming out the eventual winner - well done :)

I'll PM you guys voucher codes - £40 for our winner, and £10 each for our 5 runners up, so you can put towards some goodies now or at LAN next.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter