Winbar

Breakfast Update

Been speaking to the venue today, here's an update with breakfasts.

Friday isn't a problem as there are other events on campus and catering will be in.

Saturday and Sunday only has us on site so if we want breakfasts we need to basically pay the staffing costs.

Therefore, I've asked for breakfast to be served from 10am-11am, but to cover the staffing costs, we have 2 options

1) There is a set price for breakfast which is regardless of the number of items that builds in an extra amount for staffing. You pay this to us and we swap it for a voucher which you exchange for your food.

2) Pay per item at the same price as before, but everyone having breakfast chucks us £1 each day they use it on the Sat/Sun so that we can pay the staff time.

I'm leaning towards 2, so people can have whatever they want still.

I'm not fussed for either option as they sound reasonable, with option 1 you don't want them complaining if we eat too much! (but option 1 does mean you can use your intranet balance to pay for breakfast!)

Personally i'd prefer people to pretty much deal with the caterers rather than through us, with the exception of the staff costs. Less stuff for us to have to deal with post-event with invoicing etc.

There's also a danger with 1) that they'll want pre-payments which we cant really do

Option 1 sounds like we'll have to do lots of faffing around? Like with vouchers and shiz...

Option 2 seems a bit better, but couldn't we say to the staff ask people for £1 more than the cost of their breakfast? ;)

I don't really mind but 2 looks simpler. An extra quid seems remarkably cheap tbh.

I'm not fussed for either option as they sound reasonable, with option 1 you don't want them complaining if we eat too much! (but option 1 does mean you can use your intranet balance to pay for breakfast!)

THIS

what happens if not enough people have breakfast? Then the extra quid people pay might not cover it?

Yeah, what is the total amount needed each day to cover staffing costs? :/

We talking like 1 old lady for 3 hours on minimum wage, or a team of 10 of Britains best Chefs?

Yeah, what is the total amount needed each day to cover staffing costs? :/

We talking like 1 old lady for 3 hours on minimum wage, or a team of 10 of Britains best Chefs?

@ £1 ph?! :P

what happens if not enough people have breakfast? Then the extra quid people pay might not cover it?

Basically closer to the event I'll do an estimate based on the number of people going and the proportion I think will have breakfast.

We're getting pretty good at estimating these things after a few years :P

If we're way out, then I'll yell up for everyone to help out a bit more.

epic.TWO will be the 29th LAN gaming event that I've organised :)

Never had a brekkie here, I am assuming they are on a par / better then Tesco?

I've also lost count of the number of LANS I have staffed / arranged / attended as a player, does that make me too old now?

It's ok, and right next door to the gaming room so nice and convenient.

Tesco Kidsgrove btw has shunned the greasy breakfasts for a Costa. There is a Morrisons in Crewe though if needed with Cafe.

It's ok, and right next door to the gaming room so nice and convenient.

Tesco Kidsgrove btw has shunned the greasy breakfasts for a Costa. There is a Morrisons in Crewe though if needed with Cafe.

WTF!? TESCOS NOOOO!!!

Guest timmy

i remember the good ol tesco days.. with tesco power breakfast!

The breakfast on-site is awesome, I can't fault it at all. Very good prices, too :)

I've never been to Morrisons in Crewe, but I've been to other cafés (Stratford & Reading) and their breakfasts are always good!

personally i'd stay and use the on-site one, you don't lose any LAN time then :P

Did you actually say what the resolution was in terms of payment for brekky?

Yeah, basically you pay over the counter as normal, but we're also going to get an invoice for the staff time, so we're going to ask you all for a voluntary donation of about £1 for each day you grab food to cover that.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter