Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Booti

Office 2010 Home and Business

Guest Booti

Not sure if this should be here or in the Trading section, but can anyone advise of a good place to get this software from.

Best price I have found (i think) is Amazon and eBuyer at £180

Anyone know somewhere that can beat that please? (please dont say eBay as i dont trust software off there)

Guest Zenith

Here is the comparison chart for the different versions.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/buy/office-2010-which-suite-is-right-for-you-FX101812900.aspx

Outlook 2010 makes the difference between "Home and Student" and "Home and Business" £90.

Ask yourself a serious question. Do you REALLY need Outlook 2010?

If you don't need it, then go look for "Home and Student" for £38 from the link Elsie gave you.

Guest Booti
Software 4 Students does Office 2010 for £38. Is that any use or does it need to be a business version?

I'm not a student and have no way of pretending to be one, so i dont think i can use the Software 4 Students route.

Here is the comparison chart for the different versions.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/buy/office-2010-which-suite-is-right-for-you-FX101812900.aspx

Outlook 2010 makes the difference between "Home and Student" and "Home and Business" £90.

Ask yourself a serious question. Do you REALLY need Outlook 2010?

If you don't need it, then go look for "Home and Student" for £38 from the link Elsie gave you.

To be honest, Outlook is the one bit i use more than anything. I can get that on its own for about £120, so it seems daft not to spend the extra and get the full package.

Plus, the link Elsie is giving is for Office Pro Plus, so includes Outlook as well.

The website Elsie referred to applies to "Available to primary, secondary, third level students, teachers, parents and guardians". Do you not come under any of the headings? See http://www.software4students.co.uk/Software4Students__Am_I_Eligible-article.aspx for further details.

Are we talking about business or home here? If home, I'd just find use a friends name to obtain a license. If business that's a different matter.

I've bought genuine copies of W7 from Software4Students, you just have to mention a name / education facility. Doesn't mean the name has to be real ;)

If you know someone who works at MS, they can get copies of Office Profesional 2010 for £20.

Guest Zenith
I've bought genuine copies of W7 from Software4Students, you just have to mention a name / education facility. Doesn't mean the name has to be real ;)

Same here.

I can order 2 pieces of software a year if I wanted because I've got 2 eligible children. Come September, that becomes 3 when Zenith.III starts full-time school.

I just had a look again, and the link Elsie gave you is for the Office Pro 2010... the Full Monty, with Outlook, Access and everything else.

I was looking at their special offers and think this is definitely worth considering.

http://www.software4students.co.uk/Office_Pro_Plus____Windows_7__Pro_Upgrade_64_bit-details.aspx

Win7 64bit + Office Pro 2010 for £65. LEGITIMATELY. :)

When an OS and Office is that cheap, I don't see the point in taking another option. I actually like the fact that all the pcs in my house have genuine versions of the OS.

Guest Kardall

If you know someone with a hard copy of it, all you have to do is buy a key. Most OEM Retailers will have copies of keys for it.

For example, I can buy Office Home & Student 2011 for $97, but the keys are only $38 cost.

Guest Booti

Ill see if i can use my brother then. he has kids?

(maybe being an uncle has a perk after all)

I don't believe they check kids and schools etc, they can't ring every school!

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter