Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Booti

Sync'ing Firefox bookmarks to a iPhone

Guest Booti

Does anyone know of an of easy way to sync bookmarks between Firefox and and an iPhone please?

I have started to use Firefox, but i cant sync it to my iPhone using iTunes, and it only supports IE and Safari. I have been looking for a way to sync the files back to IE and then to the phone and have found software called xMarks, but i have to install a Firefox and IE version at the same time and then bounce the sync via the internet servers.

There has to be an easier way !! (and don't say buy an Android phone please)

If you used chrome, you could use Chrome Sync which uses google drive for cloud stoarge.

Have you looked into this Booti? It might be a way to do it.. Looks like you have to pay to use it though - $1 per month...

Guest Booti
Have you looked into this Booti? It might be a way to do it.. Looks like you have to pay to use it though - $1 per month...

The problem with this (apart from paying for something that is free with IE) is that you then have to run an app on the iPhone to get to your bookmarks. I just want to open Safari and click on the link.

If you do this, you end up with Safari open for searches and xMarks open for day to day internet usage.

This appears to be the free equivalent of the above, but with the same issues.

I understand the issue is generated by the fact that Apple will open sync to IE and Safari, but you would have thought someone would have come up with a way around this issue by now.

I may have to go back to IE :shock:

Guest Zenith

I use the paid for version of Xmarks along with LastPass ($20 a year, I think it's a bargain).

It runs as a plugin or extension in your PC browser and has clients for all the main mobile OS's. I like it because it means I have the same bookmarks across all my machines at home.

I use Dolphin HD browser on my phone, and Xmarks is an add-on that runs within it. It synchronises my PC bookmarks with my phone browser without any further interaction once it's set up. I only sync a small sub-set of my bookmarks anyway.

I also have LastPass after the PSN break-in last year. In fact I'm up for renewal come the end of the month.

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter