Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Guest Pixie

Server3 getting griefed, again

Guest Pixie

mhzqef.png

Redstone, repeaters and the bed, all gone, and two holes in the wall. And a random wood block. And ofc my farm...

torches are still there for some reason. Second time it happened. Install logblock plix and give permisions to more staff.

(picture is a proof that it wasnt the water, since it cant spread to both sides of the deepest paths of the hole.)

/Angry pixie

Update. Used Hawkeye, found out who tampered. Banned said person for a week.

Hope this is okay. Me and LZ attempted to fix your redstone circuit but couldnt quite figure out what it was you was doing lol

Guest Pixie

Thanks guys, and its a cobblestone generator XP

^ As above. I'll bring this up with Dunce too. A change in permissions may be needed. It's ok having the database to see who did what. But being unable to roll it back etc... can be slightly annoying =)

Guest Pixie

yeah i agree. On another more pressing note, guess what? i got griefed.... AGAIN.... this is getting tireing. Now mybed is the only thing missing but still, sheeps are hard to come by <.

Hey Pixie, are you making good use of /cprivate etc so you can lock doors etc? Ill be around later but we will have to do the best we can for the time being as Dunce is hella busy with the Game Shadow Battles, but of course me and LZ will help as much as we can along with any other epic.Team players you see on the server. But none the less we will investigate your bed griefing tonight :)

Guest Pixie

they just break thru the wall... and im not sure if i should permit you to investigate aanything related to my bed XP

And i dont think u can /cprivate a bed, or fence gates

it can be tweaked so we can. but we need to speak to dunce. maybe move spawn a lil. We shall see.

Guest Pixie

Yeah, i realised earlier today how close it was to spawn, must have walked in circles and eded up near it again

Guest Pixie

OMG! this new norweigan group is sooooooooo annoying. Today one approched and said "hey cool building, can i look around?" i said sure and he jumpeed in. NExt i know i hear cobble being broken and when i go check it out, i see this person (nuke-something) making holes in my wall. i go wtf are you doing and he replies "im making shortcuts, you must be insane to get mad over a game!" i tell him to leave and so he does. later on i go up to look at my chests and voila holes in the wall, missing bed missing workbench and infinitive water source leaking. It happend while i was logged in and only those guys was logged in. I plead for more permanent sulotions (aka ban them for gods sake!). they are griefing me on a daily basis....

^ As above. I'll bring this up with Dunce too. A change in permissions may be needed. It's ok having the database to see who did what. But being unable to roll it back etc... can be slightly annoying =)

LZ find me tonight and we will change and add on what's needed to the server. I'm also almost tempted to password it so only epic community people will use it.. Not sure what the opinion is on that, we have had 78 people on there so far.

Why not just whitelist the sucker.

OR

Set the default user permissions so low all they can do is look around and they need an admin/moderator to raise their permissions to a level where they can dig/build.

If you are running Bukkit then you really should be using the Protection Stones plugin. It allows you to protect an area so it stops people griefing your houses etc. And LogBlock is pretty essential as it allows you to roll back changes made by griefers as well as logging them. Pointless running a server without these IMO.

We have a method to logs all changes on the server with a roll-back feature. It just needs a lil tweak of the permissions for people the people most active on the servers.

We do use items currently like LWC for protection of chests, furnaces and doors.

Guest Pixie

now my whole house got griefed, lz and joe is fixing it atm... Seriusly thou, we need better rules better plugins and more admins. Logblock is awesome as mentioned above. Used et on both servers ive been a mod on, works like a charm. Using something like "blockprotection" whould work as well. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/blockprotection/

Also this plugin called [forgot the name] that detects mods and cheats that the owner have blocked.

I would expect they are using the plugin that was taken by example from molehillmc servers, hawkeye with LWC as well which is a perfect combo if you do things properly :) Although if done incorrectly it will just be a failing mess

Guest Pixie

I just realised that the server aint running mcbans.... THATS A MUST!

Pixie,

MCBans. Isn't (wasn't) an essential plugin for the server as this was only a small-ish server at the time of creation (like Molehill when set up). Easily manageable bans/kicks by a group of a few people.

As this has grown substantially in that time it's something that needs to be looked into :)

MCBans is terrible. A lot of people get banned for no reason and the appeal system sucks I really wouldn't use it!

Guest Pixie

Was just a recomendation, looked like a rage post thou my bad

Yes Beej MCBan can ban people something without warning e.g. SPAM when not configured to the very last detail. It is something worth looking into though considering that the server is used pretty much 24/7.

Personally 'localbans' using CommandBook (already included) seems a better way forward as this gives all players an equal chance, encorporating this with Jail features and spawn protection players can be 'Temporarily removed from play'.

I do understand where you are coming from Pixie it does appear as a "do all and end all".

However I do agree with Beej, from past experience it can be troublesome.

All been fixed and set to a more usable standard. (Thanks to Dunce everyone!)

"I came here to kick ass and dig diamonds, and i'm all out of diamonds"

Pixie your house has been restored and the culprit banned.

For future use please remember to lock your chests/furnaces people using /cprivate or /cpassword PASSWORD

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter