Winbar

epic.NINE - The Good, The Bad, The Nivek

Thank you all for attending epic.NINE! So that we continue to improve our events, we'd really appreciate your feedback.

Please spend a few minutes completing our feedback survey and of course let us know below in the usual format!

The Good

Epic!

Staff always available and willing to help.

Music at good levels.

Variety of games to play.

Bar prices for an event.

The Bad

Still smell the cancer coming in from outside killing my lung cells.

Peoples toilet habits (some of you need to be taught how to use these simple devices).

Unable to RDP to my server for 2 days.

Some people and alcohol really should not mix.

The Ugly

Gotenxiao.

The Good

THE EVENT

The Bad

The smell in the toilets < the only thing bad i could find

The Ugly

My ipad being taken/lost.

One of the best for me. Music was a good level, apart from 3am Sunday morning, when it was a bit loud! I second Vardy on the toilet comment. Seriously, how hard is it to hit the target? If you're too drunk to aim, sit in a cubicle! I will say, isn't the 'Hayden's mum' joke wearing thin now? first 20-30 times, maybe. After that, not matter how loud you shout it, it's no longer funny. No, REALLY!!

Great job as ever.

The Good

Got plenty of gaming in

Showers

My lanops server being used a fair bit

Helpful staff

The Bad

Got wrist band checked every time I went into pro hall and only once in the casual hall.

Crashing out of the 2004 tourney

No hunt

The N- Ugly

Water on the floor in the casual loos

The Good

Plenty of variety in the big games

Lucking as far as I did in the UT2K4 fun tourny

Music

Actually doing a fair amount of gaming this time

Friendly Epic / Catering staff

The Bad

Skipping sleep day before LAN to reformat my PC, meaning my sleeping pattern was a mess, causing me to sleep 13 hours on the Friday, missing a lot of the day.

Leaving the event not knowing I won anything :(

The Ugly

Setting up my PC to find my power supply had conked, that Overclockers was now shut and Kustom wouldn't be arriving till Saturday. Luckily had a friend bring his old PSU which worked but only had enough to power my main hard drive.

All in all, would still recommend the event to friends and looking forward to the new venue. Great event as always.

The Good

Awesome people

Lots of gaming so I was never bored

Pub quiz

Boat race

epic.Staff being absolutely f-ing awesome

Meeting people I haven't met before

The Bad

People that don't know how to clean the shower floor after using it

People that don't know how to aim properly when having a pee

Eating tons of sweets on Thursday and becoming very very hyper and annoying my friends

My Microsoft X6 keyboard fooking up and causing my PC to panic. had to buy a replacement from Argos :(

The Ugly

Antrobus ;)

This was one of the best epic.LAN events I've been too and a fitting finish to the Uttoxeter venue. Bring on Kettering!

The Awesome

The people. You. From WigLeg attending his first LAN at 14 to Antrobus at "even older than me" ;), YOU are what make the events so special.

The Good

Along with Mrated, HG and Kara, managing to get the TUP machines working. I really enjoyed doing that and am grateful for the chance to help.

The bar staff - just a shame we couldn't say goodbye to Anna in person :(. The collection, card and flowers were a nice touch though. Well done.

Late night Werewolves and being called a "Senile old f**cker!" by Angelus - which I'm still laughing about :lol:

The LAN invasion of the cinema to see The Dark Knight Rises (thanks for booking the tickets Booti!) ... just s shame the movie isn't that good.

Being able to use the phrase "Get in the van!" on 4 separate occasions when driving back to the venue. I should start a LAN Taxi service!

The breakfast bacon and eggs. Whilst not healthy it was a great start to a LAN day.

The pub quiz. And of course, winning for the third time :)

The Dapple Grey pub pre-quiz pub invasion - Thanks to Kane for sorting the numbers with the pub!

The staff. It goes without saying that you have my utmost respect for what you give to create the event.

The showers. I had to use these around 1am on Sunday after my beer hair wash and they were great. *Note ... see PS below.

The Bad

We have a rule in our house. If you make a mess you clean it up. Some people, especially in the toilet areas, need to abide by this rule.

My hangover on Sunday. I don't usually drink so what I did have on Saturday affected me badly :boggle:

Not being able to say good bye to everyone as I had to get home. To those I missed, I am truly sorry. :(

The Ugly

Inferno changing his shirt in Hall One on Thursday. Now I know how Zorg felt when he caught me getting changed at epic.FIVE!

The Unforgivable

Gunmens iPad going AWOL. :(:x:irk::hothead: I never thought something like this would happen at an Epic event.

And finally ...

As you saw from the video, I knew about the new venue before most of you. It's easy to keep a confidence when you're talking on the forums and on IRC but when people were asking me on Thursday, Friday and Saturday what the announcement was, it was hard to play dumb. Afterwards, it was nice to be able to talk to people openly and answer as many questions as I could about the move ... and I was asked a lot!

You may have noticed that I've not mentioned PC gaming in any of my comments. That's because for me personally, I regard an Epic LAN as a social gathering that I take my PC to for something to do when nothing else is happening!

I am sad to be leaving Uttoxeter, I along with many of you will always have fond memories of events there. I'll be honest and tell you I cried on the way home yesterday; I found leaving quite emotional. It is however, time to move onwards and upwards and I hope that the change to Kettering with its faster internet connection, clan boxes, 2 types of social room, onsite catering (and beds), will bring new games and new tournaments. The more successful the change to Kettering is, the better it is for everyone concerned and I hope that this might also tempt back some of our former casual gamers.

Roll on February!

PS. If you are going to drag me, someone who until the Saturday hadn't had any alcohol since last Christmas into a Boat Race, don't give me lager and don't expect me to do anything but pour it over my head, especially when I've got Rab screaming at me to do it!

Guest Booti

Pretty much what Elsie said

While Epic will be providing us with a new home involving better facilities and Internet, you/we the customers make the event the awesome spectical it is. For me it's so much more than a 4 day event, it is a social gathering.

I'll be honest, I think I have seen the toilets in much worse conditions in the past. I saw the staff clean them on several occasions which was great.

The Ugly

The stink bomb that Inferno dropped on Sunday morning that was so bad, they had to evacuate the staffing area in Hall 1

As always epic lan did good! :D

I come to epic lans for the sole purpose but to win and play in a tournament that can showcase my expertise in the gaming field, and epic lan does that.

Tournament structure is (as always) perfect.... group stage into bo3 double elim.. you can't beat that... Not only that we know the 7 mans prior we know we can veto 2 each we know what time the matches are gonna be at (around abouts) and that makes for a happy gamer.

What doesn't make for a happy gamer is - playing at 9 am till 2 am waiting 2 hours between games, and having to play 7 games vs the guys who turn up have 11 pints then decide to play their official against the best team in the UK , for a laugh. :DD:DD U guys dodge this... Multiplay doesn't.

1-0 to you.

Looking at kettering and the brief chat i had with kami, it seems like the venue sounds like an absolutely awesome place.... My one concern is the stage, we all love playing on the stage but if you're gonna do it please please please do it properly, don't make us play on 75 hz old school tft monitors and please don't make us play cs go on some budget computers that can only get 100 fps.... if you can't get a stage with the best hardware available, then let us use our own stuff... the majority probably have better.

Peace :D

From a staffing perspective i wont say much and my second event as epic.Staff an awesome event for all. Had some great laughs. Including my own 50 shades of JoeShow quite embarrassing but glad you all got a laugh out of it.

As always you the community in both halls were excellent and i'm enjoying every minute of it. roll on epic.Ten :)

This was my first epic LAN, although I have been LANning for a few years now, and it was (pardon the pun) EPIC.

The Good

It's by far the best run LAN I've ever been to.

Very well setup with the seperate halls for the serious and fun/non gamers.

Throughout the weekend there was always something going on, I joined in with most.

The live sets and radio streams.

Food was great.

Bar staff were excellent.

You guys were great, pity you had to put up with me :P

The Bad

The Sleeping halls weren't open when I had arrived on the Thursday to check in, so I ended up sleeping in Hall 1.

Going to the epic radio external website to tune into the stream was a bit backward, all you needed was a link on the intranet, unless I missed it.

We could have done with a second TF2 Saxton Hale server running once the first had filled up.

The seperate buildings for sleeping/showering, but that's probably one of the niggles for the move.

The Ugly

Me

The cubicles in the Hall 1 toilets seemed flooded most of the time

Theft, other than Gunsmiths (Gunmens) ipad, I did hear, during the LAN, there were a few people who lost some money that they had left lying beside their computer. :(

i have to add another ugly to mine the new nickname GUNSMITH makes me want to end my life now ...

At least you weren't the false 14 year old's dad :P

The Good:

LAN Invasion of the Cinema for The Dark Knight Rises... awesome stuff.

The Tournament for CS:S typical my team was in the harder of the two groups.

The Staff - always friendly and helpful.

epicRadio - Streams of course :D great fun.

Live DJ's - must keep :D

The Bad & The Ugly:

Internet

Nivek

The Good

Booti Finally Winning at F1!

Almost constant air time with all presenters having a go (thanks guys)

General atmosphere of the LAN as always even if half of it vanished to watch TDKR

Blitzy being unable to speak more than 3 sentences without making an innuendo

The Bad

The non-epic team in the boat race not realizing where their mouths are! (messy buggers)

My Driving on Dirt 2/3? (What are these things called GEARS??!)

Not knowing details and being unable to fix video streams when they have issues

The Nivek (Weird and Wonderful)

Graeme in the hello kitty wrapping paper and Pig Mask

Superchief with a hangover, missing his DJ off :’(

The full on love hugs between the drunks and the floor truly saying goodbye to the racecourse

Lastly though, bring on Kettering this should be interesting. What’s the worst that could happen?

I’ve so ruined it now >.<

• Like 1

First time on the forums since LAN. Perfect mix of everything as I've said the last couple of times. People/staff, music, live sets, games, quiz, etc. etc. Thanks to all that made it what it was.

An excellent send-off for the last Uttox epic...Onwards and upwards for epic.TEN

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter