Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

LZStealth

Upcoming 1.3 Release

What world next?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What world next?

• Keep the world
    • New World
    • New World (Large Biomes)

With the future release of MC 1.3 it comes to stand the next big important

question.

Should the world be refreshed to a brand new world or left as current and

expanded. So I’ve set a poll with further detail of the 3 options below, so

try read these before voting. Don’t get all giddy going “OMG OMG OMG

BUTTONS!â€

Option 1 – Keep the world:

You can keep all your possessions but a lot of the features from the update

will not start till at least 1000 block away from spawn. So get your

walking boots on!

Option 2 – New World:

You lose everything but start a brand new world with everything in it,

dungeons, pyramids, desert villages and jungle temples. Watch out for those

trip wires!

Option 3 – New World (Large Biomes):

You lose everything and start a new world with everything but the terrain

is bigger, 16 (4x4) times bigger. So those deserts will truly last for

miles!

|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__| compared to the original |__|

These do vary in size still like smaller biomes!

We’ve spoken about it before and the implications of each choice but what

do YOU think?

Guest Pixie

Id rather keep the map, but if theres going to be a new map, id prefer smaller regions. Bigger regions are ofc awesome, but i dont want to walk evrywhere all the time. If theres some fix to that ( like a giant railroad system!) id also go with the big biomes XD

@Pixie

Well the votes so far appear it’s going to be a large map and with Large Biomes in the lead. But it could still change!

Large biomes are not as big as people think. The area is 16x larger being 4x each direction.

Meaning when we now build a village we won’t take up the entire desert!

|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__|

|__|__|__|__| compared to the original |__|

:idea: These do vary in size still like smaller biomes!

Fixes to this however would be to live in the corner where 3 biomes meet.

As for large railroad systems, by all means you can create railroads that link parts of the world but bare in mind you’ll have to gather all the resources to build said railroad system. (Abandoned mines?)

Ideally group together with a few people and build one to a location you all find useful.

e.g. between cities or areas of good resources.

Lastly. Move away from spawn this time, I fix your house too many times! :wacko:

@JoeShow

Let me guess, new world so many places to see!

Let's not live so close to each other this time, then we can use each others houses as holiday homes.

I expect a pool/beach! :D

The world will be slightly larger this time as well. and mapping software will be present to show you it in all its glory :)

@JoeShow

Let me guess, new world so many places to see!

Let's not live so close to each other this time, then we can use each others houses as holiday homes.

I expect a pool/beach! :D

I wish to build a proper harbor this time with red stone lights instead of crappy Glowstone haha!

But yeah i agree LZ - But whom will i steal resource from?

So i know the new MC patch has just pre-released, do we have an ETA for this at all? <3

Guest Haskell

Ha Ha, to be absoloutly honest. I didn't know there was a minecraft server XD

Guest IchiZen

as I happened upon this thread, I saw that there was a tie... Let me be the tie-breaker for now.

Minecraft update is set for tomorrow, but we will have to wait for the bukkit release after it which hopefully won't be too long.

Guest Haskell

I found the IP, except nobody is on it D:

I found the IP, accept nobody is on it D:

Cos most of us are at work...

Dan you work? :-P just kidding :-),

Wigleg you'll find around 6pm - 9pm onwards seems to be a good time for people to be on...

So I know the new MC patch has just been pre-released, do we have an ETA for this at all? <3

Currently, No.

Bukkit have posted making people aware they working on the update however due to the size of the update it is unlikely they will be ready for the release date of tomorrow (01/08/12).

I/Dunce will probably make an additional comment on this thread once it’s done. Anyone who’s asking should notice it.

@JoeShow

Sounds like it could be cool. JoeShow the harbor master!

I think I may try live in a normal house like on the ground… *shocked faces*

@Dunceantix

I also propose a sign at spawn! Stating you may build within 300 block of spawn but you will not be legible for rollbacks.

It sounds slightly harsh I admit but it will encourage people spread out a little!

One other thing I’d suggest is to remove mBox (collectable spawners). It’ll make people work a little more for their items and prevent me collecting them all!

@Wigleg

I may come have a play later as a goodbye to the old world (also working). However I won’t be around all night. I need to try catch up on some sleep, this cough is killing me.

p.s. I really struggle to do small posts xD

Also; creeper protection OFF please?

It was never on the server to begin with, but we a lot of people ask for it so it was added.

@Dunceantix

I’ll do some more work on it tonight! We may have got slightly distracted by the custom map we’ve been building! (Will be released soon).

I’d say it’s possible to finish it in time for 1.3. I’ve wired some doors up, just a few more to do and to finalise the external design., I’ll stick a temp server up again later if you’re around.

@Haden

Creeper protection off could be an interesting one, I’d agree though. Though I think some people have become a little too dependent on it.

@Haden

Creeper protection off could be an interesting one, I’d agree though. Though I think some people have become a little too dependent on it.

Yes i'll be around tonight, just give me a shout when you are free.

Also, i'm not used to creeper heal, I never, ever, ever lure you towards a creeper and watch him blow up next to you! :lol:

@Haden

Yes i'll be around tonight, just give me a shout when you are free.

Also, i'm not used to creeper heal, I never, ever, ever lure you towards a creeper and watch him blow up next to you! :lol:

Or tell me to go into a house rigged with TNT??

Guest Haskell

Yeah, Ive been on all day. *Lonely Miner* Also,

[offtopic]

Know why i was given Epic.Radio privalages in team speak? then them being taken away?

[/offtopic]

Yeah, Ive been on all day. *Lonely Miner* Also,

[offtopic]

Know why i was given Epic.Radio privalages in team speak? then them being taken away?

[/offtopic]

You're not a radio DJ so you should not have any "radio team" privileges.

Guest Haskell

Also. the ip is server1.epiclan.net right XD?

Quick update to everyone.

Due to the protection which is used on the Server we have been unable to upgrade the server yet.

Once a stable release is available it will be upgraded. The image is already to go live (thanks to Dunce).

I've been keeping an eye on this also.

Development builds have not been recommended as some basic plugins are having issues with the newest Dev builds.

Just and update guys!

Minecraft 1.2.5 is still available at:

server1.epiclan.co.uk

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter