Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
JoeShow

Stoptober

Okay guys. Tough month here for me, October aka Stoptober. Can i give up smoking for a month. As long as y'all dont mind im gonna post progress here. Always easier to do these things with friends behind you.

Day 1 - Monday 1st October

So far so good. Ive denied my body its usual early morning smoke. Maybe it thinks it will get twice as much on my walk to work... this is gonna be difficult..16:30pm okay so im definitely craving and out of the four of us at work doing this 1 of the guys has alreafy bailed out.

Most things are heavily irritating me. I feel anxious ... what have i got myself into....

Day 2 Tuesday 2nd

Still havent smoked. Though i feel like everyone around me is. I must admit, although im positive this is mental only i feel a bit 'better' on the inside. My everything doesnt smell of smoke and no random coughing. Its 9:30am. Lets see how today pans out

22:08 PM - Feeling quite sick now actually - I think i've been coming down with something anyway for the past 3 or 4 days - But i think cravings for tobacco probably arent helping - I'm probably being a bit of a girls blowse - But hey, this is my thread of moaning lol. But still day 2 down - No smoking! =)

Day 3 Wednesday 3rd

(Being posted from the 4th because i suck!)

So another pretty tough day - I had some massive coughing fit in the morning, what i coughed up resembled black tar and flem. So that was nice to view and a great way to start the day! As the day went on things got naturally more difficult - Had lunch with a bunch of smokers - Who some of have already folded from Stoptober - It did get my lunch paid for though so not all bad news. The day went pretty well though, that was until i spoke to LZ_Stealth - He asked me how my no smoking was going - Which instantly reminded me of my cravings lol - But hey he's in the same boat as me. So i was honest, i feel like shit, but it's going okay and my stuff doesnt smell of smoke anymore.

Day 4 Thursday 4th

Woken up. coughed up more shit which resembles tar and flem. Now at work, the biggest test will be tonight - Our end of year financial results - We've done very well and apparently the firm has budgeted enough money behind the bar to cover for about 6 pints of beer a head. Now i'm sure as all smokers say - The hardest part is not smoking when drinking. =)

• Like 6

Best of luck Joe - let's just hope it doesn't affect your DJ voice!

Edited by Saboo

Guest IchiZen

I would have joined you if I had known earlier... but I already failed.

I would have joined you if I had known earlier... but I already failed.

Start a day late and finish a day later?

Guest Zenith

I've never followed a breakdown online before now.

This could get... interesting! :)

Think of how much money you're saving.

And keep an eye on what you're eating. Most people who quit smoking put on weight.

Guest daftchip

Was going to do it, but I enjoy smoking far too much.

Plus it keeps me sane at work!

Thanks for your support all. Ive posted an update in the original post. X

Thanks for your support all. Ive posted an update in the original post. X

I'm trying this aswell. I must admit i think Joe is doing better than me.

I don't smake as much but it's more breaking a daily routine for me since i smoke at the same time every day without fail.

So far very anxious.

I love my routine damn it xD

I'm trying this aswell. I must admit i think Joe is doing better than me.

I don't smake as much but it's more breaking a daily routine for me since i smoke at the same time every day without fail.

So far very anxious.

I love my routine damn it xD

Smoke a cheese string instead :) Then once you have finished you can peel it and eat it!

Smoke a cheese string instead :) Then once you have finished you can peel it and eat it!

There may be some logic to that madness!

There may be some logic to that madness!

No pun intended but apparently half the addiction is putting something in your mouth and sucking on it - regardless of what it is. Again, excuse the pun here lol.

No pun intended but apparently half the addiction is putting something in your mouth and sucking on it - regardless of what it is. Again, excuse the pun here lol.

I think one of the main things for me will be what i replace it with if i replace it with anything. Plus since smoking generally helps people lose weight.

I don't wanna stop smoking and replace it with eating! That would be bad! I'd be like...

"RAWR... I'M GIGANTOR! RAWR!"

Guest Zenith

If you need something in your mouth, try chewing gum?

Or make sure the pens you use aren't the kind that splot ink if you suck on the end. The number of people who suck on a pen when they quit is impressive.

I hate chewing gum. Makes me feel a lilttle ill.

The only thing i've noticed on day two is i've been using my hand a lot more to occupy them though that could be because i'm a bit of a fidget at times and while walking there isn't much to do with them.

Might be a wise idea to start buying a cup of tea to and from work. It'd be roughly the same cost as smoking (until i'm comfortable) but the health saving would still be there.

JOE! You're a day late already, must have been all those deaths from smokers last night xD

I kept my updates on my own page so i have my own little records and i get to play! http://www.lzstealth.co.uk/stoptober

I'll probably come back and do a roundup though from speaking to Joe last night i think i'm struggling a little more :/

I might not sound as miserable and get a better voice after this (Joe,Jay,Mark... ENTIRE RADIO TEAM)

Edited by LZStealth

Guest Booti

As you pointed out today (on yesterdays update) I would have thought the hardest thing is doing this daily journal.

Surely talking about it will just keep reminding you about what you are trying to give up?

Best of luck to you all though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter