Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Dunceantix

Forum upgrade

The forums are the centre of our community here at epic, so it's important to make sure they are up to date and shiny for everyone to use. 

We have just upgraded the forums to bring in a few nice enhancements:

Sharing a single post

You might want to share a great reply to a topic on Facebook or perhaps email a link to an interesting post to a friend. You can now do this by clicking either the post number or the little share icon to the right of the post number. This brings up a new modal window which will allow you to share just the post in a variety to ways. 

Editor Pasting

A lot of the time you find that you just want to paste plain text into the editor so you don't have to then remove formatting such as background and font colours. There is now a new option in the editor to allow you to do so. 

Best Answer Feature

This new feature allows a topic starter (in specific forums) to mark a post a the best answer. So if you have a burning question and someone posts a decent answer in the flurry of responses, then you can let everyone know which answer was the most useful to you. A small excerpt of the answer is placed at the top of the topic for easy reference and a user can instantly jump down to that answer if they wish. 

Editor Improvements

Code boxes and live previews have been improved for those times when you need to paste in some code to show to everyone. Code is automatically formatted based on your selection and line numbers added. 

There are now also live previews for both code and quoting.

Enjoy :)

Nope, mine is the best answer!

Thanks for the new features Dunce!

Guest Booti

Lan.DAD has spoken. You have been both told and warned :LOL

Guest Booti

Since the upgrade I have an issue that the website keeps reverting back to the mobile version on the iPad when I refresh the screen.

Is anyone else having this ?

Since the upgrade I have an issue that the website keeps reverting back to the mobile version on the iPad when I refresh the screen.

Should be fixed now :)

Guest iaindude

just a thought (remember a thought) forum themes (please)

Was on the forums on my Windows Phone, used to get the mobile version, now get the full version, how do I revert it back to the mobile version?

Got it, thanks.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

EDIT:Awe, dunce, you deleted your post right at the point I realised the theme is user specific and not broswer or session specific :(

EDIT 2: Dunno what happened, but it looks to be working right now :)

Edited by Dunceantix

Dunno what happened to my last post, I put in the 2nd edit and it went weird

lol Dex, I changed the user agent information so it will automagically switch for Windows 7 phones which it should be doing anyway :)

I'll kiss you when you're sleeping, as my mum would say

OR

I'll buy you a pint at epic 10

:)

Guest iaindude
Elaborate.. 

like differnt styles (current could be classic) have a style with less things (compact) and one that uses darker colours (dark)

Guest Booti

It appears to be doing this again :(

Can you help please.

It appears to be doing this again :(

Can you help please.

Hmm nothing appears to have changed. I've recached the skin and specifically set the ipad to use the full theme. Try that.

Guest Booti

Sorry, iPad is fine, it's the iPhone version that has the issue now

Sorry, iPad is fine, it's the iPhone version that has the issue now

The iphone should be using the mobile version of the skin, what is yours doing?

Guest Booti
The iphone should be using the mobile version of the skin, what is yours doing?

It is, but when I tell it to use the full version and then return to the site, it keeps going back to the mobile version.

Was it doing that before? I think that how it is *supposed* to work. There is a maintenance release to go on the forums this weekend which may or may not have a fix for it if it's not meant to happen that way.

• Similar Content

• By left-one
      who would be intrested in playing cards against humanity on the forums

how it would work:-
      i would pm your white cards(drawn from a real deck)
      tzar would go from player to player(i would not be playing)
      first to ten points wins
      i wil use a dice roll for starter
      i will post black card(and current tzar)
      everyone else pms me the card(s) for the blanks in order
      i will post answers in random order
      tzar picks winner

rules:-
      gambling will NOT BE USED
      rebooting the universe(discard awesome point to discard any white cards and draw replacements)to do this post the cards to the forum
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter