Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

F1 2014 Sweepstake

Early start to the thread as a couple of the previous winners are using their winnings for 2014 (and I don't want to forget), plus most of the teams have sorted their lineups now!

As always, we'll fill from the top teams downwards based on the 2013 constructors' finishing order due to the large number of driver movements.

Total Prize Pool - £180

Prizes to be paid out for:
£100 1st Place
£ 45 2nd Place
£ 15 3rd Place

And of course some random prizes so those with poor drivers have the chance of winning something:
£ 5 Most DNFs by the end of the season
£ 5 First to cause a Safety Car to be deployed - Bottas
£ 5 First driver to be replaced mid-season either permanently or temporarily for qualifying/race (practice sessions do not count)
£ 5 First engine failure during a race - Hamilton

Once again it will be £10 to enter.

All winnings to be paid out after the final GP of the season, ALL money entered gets paid back out to the winners. The more that enter, the bigger the prizes.

Good luck and have fun!

Paid Entrants
1. Squirrel - Bottas
2. Omegahunter - Grosjean
3. MRated - Sutil
4. Winbar - Vettel
5. Markb - Perez
6. Hodg - Kvyat
7. Booti - Gutierrez
8. Jay - Magnussen
9. Matt2k34 - Hulkenberg

10. Murray Mint - Raikkonen
11. Yeggstry - Maldonado
12. Dunceantix - Ricciardo
13. Hg - Button
14. KamiKaze - Massa
15. left-one - Vergne
16. Kloopy - Alonso
17. Inferno - Rosberg
18. Saboo - Hamilton

Draw video:

Results

£100 1st Place - Hamilton (Saboo)
£ 45 2nd Place - Rosberg (Inferno)
£ 15 3rd Place - Ricciardo (Dunceantix)

£ 5 Most DNFs by the end of the season - Tie between Sutil (MRated - Paid, Credit for Next Year) & Grosjean (Omegahunter) (use driver replacement price to give £5 each)
£ 5 First to cause a Safety Car to be deployed - Bottas (Squirrel - Paid, Credit for Next Year)
£ 5 First driver to be replaced mid-season either permanently or temporarily for qualifying/race (practice sessions do not count) - No winner, prize added to DNFs.
£ 5 First engine failure during a race - Hamilton (Saboo)

Guest Booti

I'm in again, but will pay in the New Year please.

Yeah don't forget everyone, you can join up to this while at epic12

Bit thin on the ground so far! Will be closing this soon so we can draw before the season opener later this month!

That's half the grid filled, any more?

Somehow I don't think getting Vettel is a good thing after the pre-season testing

I know the Redbull's have been failing in testing but I have this horrible suspicion that they will miraculously fix things and start winning all the races again. I seriously hope this isn't the case I'd like to watch a season that is wide open, anyones game!

I think they will pull the rabbit out of the hat too Squirrel, however i would like them not to run away with the Championship and be on par with all the other teams this year.

Last call - will be drawn Tuesday (11th) in the evening.

• Similar Content

• By Winbar
      Some of these pretty controversial:

Overall aims to make cars 5-6 seconds faster Mid race refuelling reintroduced but keeping max fuel flow & allowance and still aiming for 3sec pitstops... Free choice of 2x dry tyre compounds during a race weekend (Pirelli really not happy about the safety of this) 30-50kg weight reduction on cars Reduce back to 6-speed gearbox, increase revs 1000bhp power unit Increased noise More aggressive looks (increased rear tyre size, wider front and rear wings, double end plates) Fewer driver aids, particularly at the start using their own clutch rather than software Future considerations on race weekend format Possibility of customer cars  
      Thoughts?
    • By Winbar
      Was today the last straw that means Mercedes really need to control their drivers in the last half of the season? That first lap crash could have been the end of the race for both of them.

It is great that they've been allowed to race so far, but it's going to turn very nasty if it's not managed soon.
    • By Winbar
      The Fantasy Racing mini-league is back up:

http://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com/league.aspx?page=league&id=11067

Password is epic

Going to be an interesting league this year with no idea how things are going to go!
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter