Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

F1 2014 Sweepstake

The drawing of this will now take place on Friday evening (15th)! To give people chance still to pay up or join in if they've not signed up! Lets get some good competition with a few more in this sweeps.

If we get the final 2 provisional entrants (Looking at you Saboo & Inferno) then the drivers going in the hat will be:

Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull Racing

Daniel Ricciardo - Red Bull Racing

Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes

Nico Rosberg - Mercedes

Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari

Fernando Alonso - Ferrari

Romain Grosjean - Lotus

Pastor Maldonado - Lotus

Jenson Button - McLaren

Kevin Magnussen - McLaren

Nico Hulkenberg - Force India

Sergio Perez - Force India

Adrian Sutil - Sauber

Esteban Gutierrez - Sauber

Jean-Eric Vergne - Torro Rosso

Daniil Kvyat - Torro Rosso

Felipe Massa - Williams

Valtteri Bottas - Williams

That's one of the Wiliams drivers in, Saboo should be our last person!

I already told Jon I'm in!!! Admittedly I haven't sent him any money yet....

Entries Closed! Will hopefully draw tonight and sort some kind of stream out.

Prize distribution added to OP, swapped out the directly causing a team mate to crash as it's always difficult to decide on this without a clear ruling, so gone for the first engine failure, which could even decided this weekend!

• Like 1

Could we have a clarification on the definition of 'race' for the first engine failure - does this time period start when the cars start the formation lap or does it start when the 5 red lights go out at the start?

• Like 1

Guest Booti

It's not an engine, it's a power unit. ;)

It's not an engine, it's a power unit. ;)

and yes, I've just remembered this, which leads me onto my next question.

Given that the engines are now referred to as power units and comprise lots of different components, what is classed as a failure?

</pedant>

And I picked that because it was supposed to be easier than the previous bonus. I'll think of something else

Draw now in the original post.

Going to stick with the engine failure item. Failure from lights out and I'll determine what constitutes as the first failure initially and post it on here for discussion, unless it involves my pick in which case I'll throw it out to a vote! I suspect that this season that a failure will be pretty clear!

Mmm quite happy with my draw, but I don't think i'll be getting any booby prizes  :dope:

imho a "power unit" failure should include anything that causes the power unit to not work. (for example Hamiltons FP engine failure (oil pressure sensor) should count, as it prevented the engine from working) - to the entire thing going up in smoke. Hopefully a Renault :)

First engine failure during a race - Hamilton

First to directly cause a safety car - Bottas

• Like 2

woo at least I get a 5er back! Though the boy did good today :) If he carries on like this he might not be as much of a disappointment as I first thought.

Was going to say wasn't that Vette? "First engine failure during a race - Hamilton" but yes Vettel's car had a fault reported first but Hamilton pitted a lap before him.

Damn just seen the latest news!

There's a rumour going around that Sutil may be out at Sauber by the German GP...

• Similar Content

• By Winbar
      Some of these pretty controversial:

Overall aims to make cars 5-6 seconds faster Mid race refuelling reintroduced but keeping max fuel flow & allowance and still aiming for 3sec pitstops... Free choice of 2x dry tyre compounds during a race weekend (Pirelli really not happy about the safety of this) 30-50kg weight reduction on cars Reduce back to 6-speed gearbox, increase revs 1000bhp power unit Increased noise More aggressive looks (increased rear tyre size, wider front and rear wings, double end plates) Fewer driver aids, particularly at the start using their own clutch rather than software Future considerations on race weekend format Possibility of customer cars  
      Thoughts?
    • By Winbar
      Was today the last straw that means Mercedes really need to control their drivers in the last half of the season? That first lap crash could have been the end of the race for both of them.

It is great that they've been allowed to race so far, but it's going to turn very nasty if it's not managed soon.
    • By Winbar
      The Fantasy Racing mini-league is back up:

http://fantasyracing.hiltonhhonors.com/league.aspx?page=league&id=11067

Password is epic

Going to be an interesting league this year with no idea how things are going to go!
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter