Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
AcheaShadow

Internet

What lines do we have for the internet this time round? I missed ELEVEN so no idea how the internet was for it and I know it was a bit of a nightmare at TEN.  Just curious because I want to play a few online games such as Rust and Defiance :) 

I know at epic  #11 they had a pair of 80/20 FTTC lines.  They also had the benefit of a working Steam cache, thank Gabe Newell for Steampipe :)

The internet itself was really good, not the quickest but that was because almost 300 were sharing it.  They did have issues with internet based games like LOL and StarCraft 2 for the first day or two but they eventually ironed it out.

Edited by dex
  • Like 1

Murray will probably correct me, but from what he's told me previously there's at least 4 80/20 FTTC lines I believe. With the Steam cache in place, that stops a huge amount of bandwidth going outside of the network onto the internet which helped massively.

• Like 1

To my knowledge we have 4 Infinity lines. At Ten we had issues that the infinity lines weren’t ready and had to do a mixture of ADSL and SAT. Epic.Eleven we had issues with are router capacity. I know Murrary has worked hard to make it even better. Twelve we have changed how we route traffic, which has vastly increased the overall capacity of the network. This is miles better than the 4 ADLS lines we used to have at Uttoxeter.

At Epic.eleven we were able to give each user 1-3mb dedicated, of course some people needed more and we sorted that on a per user basis. I dont know what the figure will be now this is one of are biggest events yet.

Also dont forget we will be using the steam cache. Any game using steam pipe will be held on our proxy server, so when the user does an update its downloading from our local server not from the web. All it needs is just one person to complete the download.

The technical team has worked hard to improve the infrastructure and we hope it will work flawlessly. I will note thoe that there will be just over ~350 people to this event. This is more than many corporate companies deal with day to day and has a massive IT budget. So there will be times it slows down and there will be times pages may not load.

If you have any issues please come and find Me, Rizzo or Murray and we will try to help. I will be in Lakeside and Rizzo will be in Fair Isle.

No doubt Murray will appear to correct me on a few points :D

Edited by matthab
  • Like 5

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter