Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic.FOURTEEN - Bar & Catering Feedback

As always, please leave your bar and catering feedback here during the event (or speak to the catering team) if you have any feedback, positive or negative, so it can be picked up during the event.

If you do have any complaints, then please do tell us, and the Kettering team will also be monitoring the forums during the weekend, so we can fix things during the event, rather than reading about it afterwards.

I hope they are making them burgers they made at epic.13. Sweet mother of god they were delicious. I think they put cocaine in them, not that I'm complaining...

Oh and the chilli con carne. The catering was probably my favourite part of last year.

Guest DCX

I hope they are making them burgers they made at epic.13. Sweet mother of god they were delicious. I think they put cocaine in them, not that I'm complaining...

Oh and the chilli con carne. The catering was probably my favourite part of last year.

Not the gaming part but the catering :D lol nice

i've had the good fortune to start early at the bar, and must admit that both of the light and medium ale taste absolutely terrible, i love my real ales, but those are probably the worst i've ever drank, they lack flavour are flat and in the kindest possible way taste like they were scooped out of the pond at the back, i appreciate the effort that went into adding these drinks to the menu, but did anyone taste them before or did they just go for the cheapest available. 

i will be avoiding these for the rest of the event unless they're changed and all be it i rarely ever suggest someone listen to my opinion, i do advise you to avoid these as well, its not worth it. 

Edited by Dukey

Sorry you feel that way, certainly those two are ales we've had for a few events now, it's the darker one that is new for this event. It's definitely not about going for the cheapest, it was an intentional decision to support a local brewery by the venue and the event and I'm sure the Kettering team will monitor the feedback.

Being a real ale and all of the factors that can change when things are cask conditioned, it may be the batch, temperature or that it's not had long to vent/settle having arrived today...

On the pigwash myself and it's bloody lovely.  Bar staff on good form and in good humor.  Great start!

• Like 1

I am sorry you are not happy with our real ales, we always like to use our local micro brewery and they have always proved popular and sold well at previous events.

As a bitter drinker you may like to try, as an alternative to the cask ale, Doom Bar or Bombardier, these are for sale in bottles behind the bar, just ask the bar staff they are always help.

• Like 1

Excellent hot dog with onions tonight very tasty and it was accompanied by fresh, hot, fluffy chips :) Happy Squirrel :) OM NOM NOM  Thanks KCC Catering :)

Lovely roast pork last night. Good crackling, and of course, apple source! Looking forward to eating tonight!

Big breakfast this morning was good quantity & quality again although things were getting a little cold when I got breakfast at 8:15 :(

Guest DCX

Agreed big breakfast was tasty but heatlamps maybe need turning up slightly. Thanks

Guest Amy_the_bar_wench

Guys

Remember when you get to the bar today to show Ricky all the love in the world, he is looking after you all weekend

Have fun and be good

Aims xxxx

See you next time :-)

Drank too much to stomach any dinner last night, but I can tell you this; I am hecka excited for dinner tonight!

Chicken burger last night was spot on and breakfast this morning was lovely

As for the ales I have sampled all three and potbelly best is beautiful :)

Edited by Beej

Chicken burger last night was spot on and breakfast this Morning was lovely

As for the ales I have sampled all three and potbelly best is beautiful :)

corrected for you

must admit the foods been excellent. got to admit my stomach didn't feel so good last night but it was fine this morning, ended up switching to doombar thanks for the alternatives, though even that wasn't going down so strong, bombadier tonight... hope you guys are well stocked

Edited by Dukey

Thanks for the feedback and supporting our catering service.  To make sure the breakfasts are hot enough, chef will cook off smaller amounts at a time, this may mean some of you may have a slight wait while we cook things fresh so please be patient.  This will also apply to the main menu throughout the day.

• Like 3

Had lasagna and chips this evening, good quantity, tasted good and was hot :D (this was at 6:15 ish)

breakfast this evening was lovely

+1 to the above. Breakfast was absolutely stonkin this morning :)

To make sure the breakfasts are hot enough, chef will cook off smaller amounts at a time, this may mean some of you may have a slight wait while we cook things fresh so please be patient.  

I like the above^ - I personally would rather wait for something hot, than be able to start eating ASAP just to have something that's been sat on hot holding for a while...

Edited by Matt_2k34

Had lasagne tonight! Complements to the chef! It was absolutely delish! Looking forward to Ham and Mushroom pasta tomorrow :D <3 KCC catering

Quite disappointed that the meat lasagne had run out by 7 :( do they realise they still need to serve for 3 hours.

Also there was no Mayo for my cheesy chips :/

Breakfast was good though, glad I preordered :)

Edited by Yeggstry

Had sausage roll for breakfast and a burger and chips for dinner today (Friday). The chips were spot on but the burger was stone cold so more heat needed on those. The sausage roll was spot on and definitely filled a very empty spot!

Sorry that some of you have experienced cold burgers this evening, we are topping up the catering station regularly to try and prevent this from occurring.

Please ask the catering staff for sauces if there are none out, we have plenty in stock and the empty bowl may just have gone unnoticed. Thanks :)

Chicken burger was spot on, Cheesy chips used actual cheese. Spot on!

• Like 1

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter