Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic.FOURTEEN - Bar & Catering Feedback

Staff have been very accommodating letting me ditch the carbs for more meat.  Much appreciated, thanks!

Please ask the catering staff for sauces if there are none out, we have plenty in stock and the empty bowl may just have gone unnoticed. Thanks :)

I did, they couldn't find any in their stash under the table. Glad that there was some this morning for breakfast though :)

another delish breakfast this morning. Cheers guys :D Proper looking forward to pasta for tea :)

Very, very happy with the breakfast deal; an ideal way to start a LAN day :)

Little disappointing there were no meatballs as stated on the intranet menu for today and we weren't notified to the change, I was quite looking forward to it. I settled for a chicken burger instead which was however spot on.

Little disappointed with tonight's pasta. It was cold (6:00pm) and too herby for my tastes (this however is just my tastes tho i guess I had imagined it to be more of a carbonara flavour)

On the plus side it was a good portion size and had I finished it would have lasted me all night.  Was considering bringing it back and swapping it because of it being cold but had soldiered on and eaten too much and thought it would have been too cheeky of me to bring it back at that point.

Little disappointing there were no meatballs as stated on the intranet menu for today and we weren't notified to the change, I was quite looking forward to it. I settled for a chicken burger instead which was however spot on.

Sorry this was my bad not the venues. I had missed the catering content page and it was not updated from last event. Meatballs were never on the menu for this event but maybe they would be welcomed back at next event.

again my bad :( sorry

food has been fantastic apart from the rice, i am afraid it has been a tad under cooked for me. i had the curry on Thursday with was beautiful, but the rice was solid in the middle. today i had the chilli con carne, which was fantastic. the rice was better today , but still a little hard in the middle. other than this i have nothing but praise for the catering and the bar staff, great lot behind the bar.

So far the breakfasts have been great. And I pork roll I had on the first evening was really really nice. So far all meals for me have been great :) also a big thanks for letting us use the plates for the Chinese we had. You guys are awesome :)

Thank you for the use of your plate for our takeaway!

Also deep fried hash browns this morning were the best much better than baked!

The pay up front big breakfast deal has been great; the service, the food and the quantity. Only wish they'd include a cup of tea coffee in the deal! 

I'm sure if you ask the management Elsie someone can sort a teabag or two out for you. (fnarr fnarr)

Breakfast this morning was bob on, again. I wish I'd paid up front though! of the meals I've had the breakfast has definitely been the best from KCC catering.

Friendly staff, very accommodating.

The food appeared to be of a better quality than previously, and about right for the price range.

My only real criticism is that I was charged three different prices by different people for the same selection. Didn't bother me in the slightest as it was never more than 50p different; however perhaps an area to improve on.

So very happy - Thanks :)

A big thanks to all the KCC staff. Everyone i came in to contact with was really nice.

Did not try the food this time as on my last visit it was pretty poor however after reading/hearing great feedback We'll def be giving it a try next lan.

Bar was well stocked and again the bar staff were on form.

As a responce to the ales gripe on the first page. I run a busy pub with 4 ales pumps on the go at all times, I buy so much i get free ales to bring to LAN's. The ales were fine. I tried them all (out of profesional curiosity). They were full, tasty and the right temp which is hard to do with bright beer off a stillage on the back bar.

Only one gripe and that is that the toilets got very grotty on saturday and needed a good clean.

Thanks to both teams EPIC and KCC

• Like 1

Good food and drink as usual :)

quite enjoyed the new ales (pigwash and pigtails), was a little baffled when I saw only 3 ales on the Thursday and the bar staff didn't seem to know about the 4th, was a happier bunny when it appeared but only after the pigwash ran out :(  couldn't we have had all 4 ales from the start?

two gripes:-

the rice was too dry again, better than epic 12 but still dried out

Sunday's breakfast was a bit on the cool side (08.20 -08.30), I can't comment on the earlier days as I wasn't up in time.

Right, time to be a moaning bastard.

On the friday they took the breakfast off half an hour early, which meant that I had to complain in order to get mine. I dont mind them stopping breakfast at a certain time, as long as they stick to that time and even when they did agree to sort me one out, they said they couldnt do sausages.

The lasagne was good but I asked for mine without the salad and with chips (yes Im a fat bastard too). Now since they charge £1 for salad I was expecting to pay 50p more for this as chips were £1.50. Nope, they charged me an extra £1.50 and even after my protests I was told that this was the price. I paid it but the amound of chips I got was nowhere near the same portion size as I would have got if I just ordered a plate of chips too. Very very disapointed. It was one of the catering staff that gave me all of this agro and I remember who it was and I will be requesting someone else to serve me if that person is there next time.

The Bar staff. Absolutely ON POINT, cant say a bad word against them, well done.

• Like 2

The staff were very friendly as always, and were eager to help when my food allergy presented a problem at breakfast, and I continue to appreciate this, but pretty much the same issues I bring up every LAN tbh, with some added extras!

The slice of cheese for 50p will always be an issue in my opinion. It is a crazy increase to slap a bit of cheese on a burger, especially when we continue to have to pay £1 for salad on a burger as well. There really needs to be a discussion about handling the salad in its various states of availability. A bit of salad on a burger does not constitute a "side salad" size serving and I feel it is unreasonable to be priced as such. The obvious solution to me is for the burger to include salad and to ask atendees if they want salad when ordering a burger. Many may decline but it should be part of the item.

Speaking of portion sizes they are wildly inconsistent. £1.50 gets you a plate loaded with chips, Or you pay £1.50 to have some chips fill the space left with a burger/lasagne/meal option on the plate, or even sometimes just a few chips to fill the space. When you are paying the same amount of money regardless of what you are having your chips with a portion needs to be standardised as X number of scoops of chips. If this reduces the size of the generic plate of chips, so be it, but the inconsistency leads to resentment.

The last major point I want to make is about the breakfast sausages. When Epic.Lan first moved to the KCC many of us discussed our concerns over the price of the breakfasts, which we soon abandoned upon seeing the quality of the meal - a large part of this was how good the sausage was. At this event it was clear that the quality of the sausage had taken a sharp decline. It no longer tasted meaty, and was remeniscent of a value banger. Was very disappointed.

Edited by Vorpal
  • Like 1

Can I just put my two cents in.

I absolutely loved the breakfasts this time round. The bacon was absolutely beautiful, and sausages I felt were fine. Really good hangover cure actually.

Also Roast Pork Stuffing roll was equally amazing :D

I felt the sausages were very good for the price. They definitely weren't the cheapest you could buy and I had zero complaint over the taste :)

Great food on the whole however a couple of small issues.

Small breakfast should really include toast, if you go anywhere and have a cooked breakfast it will always include toast. Paying £1 for toast is not on. This just forces you just to buy the large breakfast which is the same price as the small with toast....

Had the Chilli one night with rice and it was great except for some of the rice which had been sat in the food warmer for far too long and was dry.

Edited by Hg

Breakfast was great, really love how you get offered more of something else if you ask for an item to be left out.

The chips were a bit hit and miss with their quality or warmth. Especially Sunday's first batch, they were a bit overcooked. And as has been said, the portion sizes vary so much, some plates of chips I had were overflowing, some had considerably less on. And then when it was something and chips you get about half as much and pay the same price.

Also had some issues with pricing as well. Would have been overcharged if we hadn't corrected the server's maths a couple of times.

Generally though, pleasant service and decent food for the price and convenience :)

Paid up for the 3 days breakfast in advance and well worth it.

Great staff, always friendly and happy to make adjustments to meals dependant on allergies etc. Really like the fact they're there instead of having to survive on LAN snacks.

• Like 1

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter