Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

Vandalism and Damage

If anybody has any information on who caused the vandalism and damage to the area near the sports hall balcony and near to the Club Room sleeping area last night, please let a member of the epic.LAN team know urgently and in confidence through our enquiry form or PM me on the forums.

As a company, we now have to pay for that damage caused, which has a knock-on effect on us as a business and ultimately your future ticket prices because of one or two disrespectful people. Not only that, but it puts our whole future use of venues at risk.

Please let us know if any of you saw anything that may help us track down those responsible.

There are more than 400 people here and it is sad that the actions of one or two individuals will tar the reputation of the rest. I hope that whoever has done this is big enough to take responsibility for their actions, or if they won't, if anyone knows who it is, then let the management know. 

• Like 9

Is it possible it could have been a member of the public who did this or was this an epic attendee only area? It would be very sad if it was someone from the event.

99% epic attendee as technically we have the whole of upstairs hired so not really any reason for anyone else to be along there.

• Like 1

This is such a shame to read! I really hope this can be resolved and the relationship between epic and KCC isn't damaged too much by this incident.

Guest dsjackson

Agree with Joe such a shame that we have built a good relationship with the KCC and now it looks to be damaged due to some silly people I hope who ever has done this either comes forward or someone helps us find them. 

I think as a community we should ensure that people who feel like the above is acceptable, we should ensure that they feel unwelcome within our community.

It amazes me that people can't behave like adults... I hope that KCC whilst finding this unacceptable, remember that we're not all like this.

• Like 6

Guest Haskell

I'm unsure what damage we are referencing too here, but I know the LDT guys accidentally unstuck a few cable by accident, as well as leaving some food around.

But I'm pretty sure thats not what we are talking about here.

Guest DCX

Is this related to the incident in the Gallery area last night involving the seating?

That sucks :(

Is it possible it could have been a member of the public who did this or was this an epic attendee only area? It would be very sad if it was someone from the event.

It's almost certainly going to be an epic attendee, probably under the influence of alcohol - if it's what I saw earlier that had been damaged then that was behind a set of double doors. There had been parents on the balcony overlooking the sports hall over the weekend, but they will have had no reason to go through those doors and they wouldn't have damaged anything in the first place.

It's almost certainly going to be an epic attendee, probably under the influence of alcohol - if it's what I saw earlier that had been damaged then that was behind a set of double doors. There had been parents on the balcony overlooking the sports hall over the weekend, but they will have had no reason to go through those doors and they wouldn't have damaged anything in the first place.

I don't know exactly when it occurred, but on Saturday and Sunday there were large numbers of 14-16 year old kids up there -- the girls/boys volleyball teams that were using the sports hall. I saw many parents and younguns using the stairs which are just past those double doors.

Of course, if it happened out of hours/overnight, then obviously it was a LAN attendee and they should be ashamed of themselves, barred, and made to pay for the damage. Just saying it *is* possible it wasn't epic.

Has there been any update on this Jon??

Kalleth whilst this is possible it is also still unlikely... Especially with the vandalism which was caused (from my understanding) - someone thought they'd do something "funny" which it seems they're the only ones who got the joke...

The venue believe this was overnight on Saturday through to Sunday morning.

Basically somebody thought it would be hilarious to deface and damage parts of the volleyball hall of fame that runs along the balcony behind Fair Isle and Pendeen by drawing on a number of the images with a marker pen and damaging the frames that they were in.

Now that alone is bad enough, but when some of the defaced images are of dedicated Olympic athletes who were actually in the building on the Sunday (KCC is the National Volleyball Centre), it kind of makes it significantly worse.

Now, I do have some very strong suspicions but sadly can't just act on those so still need any direct witnesses, or if anyone heard people bragging about it to come forwards. I don't see why everyone else should foot the bill for the actions of a few idiots.

Basically somebody though it would be hilarious to deface and damage parts of the volleyball hall of fame that runs along the balcony behind Fair Isle and Pendeen by drawing on a number of the images with a marker pen and damaging the frames that they were in.

no excuse for that.

That's just spiteful.  I thought it was going to be something broken, but that's spiteful and childish.  If it was something broken, that was bad and would still be vandalism, but this act is just bloody low.

I know I don't get spammed by epic.lan, but would it be worth (and appropriate) emailing all registered email addresses for attendees, with an update about the event, describing this situation and asking for assistance - after all, not everyone will go on the forums.  Pointing out that this is an awful act, and that the email to all is an exceptional step shows how seriously it's being treated?

Providing there's no legal implications with using email this way - reinforcing standards of behavior that attendees signed up to - then I'd say it might help if someone reads it and responds...

• Like 2

Due to what it is it'd depend on the license we tick at lan I'd think...?? Personally I wouldn't mind if epic used emails like that but if there was any comeback.... Perhaps better to do it with the survey link...??

THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED BACK IN MY DAY.

Alcohol or not, people should still have the common sense to not be a toolbag. If you cannot handle your booze and turn into some form of feral gemlin then maybe you should stop before you end up doing something like this.

Just an idea.

On a side note to this, I see the "wrist band check/sign in" area was just inside the doors upstairs. Maybe move that back out to the top of the stairs (as it was previously) that way you know there is a Epic.Staff presence there, however I assume it was moved inside for a reason so that may not be suitable? (Or am I thinking of the wrong area?)

Edited by Riot
  • Like 2

It was the balcony along the sports hall behind Fair Isle and Pendeen on the way to the overflow sleeping area and dorms, so after the check-in area anyway.

• Like 1

Indeed Riot, unfortunately from a security type stand point epic leaves their back doors a bit vulnerable from the sports hall side of things? (Giggidy)

Either way I'm hopeful someone comes forward, or someone on their behalf....

It was the balcony along the sports hall behind Fair Isle and Pendeen on the way to the overflow sleeping area and dorms, so after the check-in area anyway.

I did walk that way around 5 but didn't see anything but then again i was on a singular task

Guest DCX

I did walk that way around 5 but didn't see anything but then again i was on a singular task

Indeed

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter