Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Matt_2k34

A Big Thanks :)

Hi folks

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the staff / volunteers at the event. Everyone is aware of the issues and it was clear to see that many of you were absolutely knackered from trying to resolve them :)

The guys in Lakeside whilst very green (Pun intended!) were excellent and a good giggle. Good staff at LAN are hard to come by - I hope they enjoyed it so they want to continue to support the event by staffing.

Events like this are what you make of them, and a lot of it is down to the company that people keep. Having a group of approachable & chatty staff downstairs made a big difference imho :)

Obviously this is intended for everyone and not just those in lakeside - it's easy to forget everyone else who plays their part, especially if you don't see them...!

:)

• Like 9

If I wanted my time wasting for 4 days I would have gone to iSeries. Just kidding, great event, staff were fantastic and in good humor at all times, even when dead on their feet. Well done all.

Events like this are what you make of them, and a lot of it is down to the company that people keep. Having a group of approachable & chatty staff downstairs made a big difference imho :)

I agree with your comments but especially this one above. 

Whilst the main activity when attending a LAN is based on gaming, a big part of it is being with those I haven't seen in months, sometimes years. After a LAN I remember some of the games I've played but it's the conversations, the meals, the banter and all-round fun that that stays in my memory. I too would like to thank all those that made the event so memorable.

An epic.LAN truly is the most fun you can have in a darkened room with your clothes on. :)

PS ... Speaking of those I haven't seen in a while ... Hi Giles and Swift :D

IMG_0889.JPG_640.jpg

IMG_0725.JPG_640.jpg

Edited by Elsie
  • Like 1

Grumpy? At LAN? Not usually, no! ... Not unless I am having to clear up after teenagers that don't appear to know how to use a rubbish bin.

• Like 10

Guest dsjackson

GG to all that came and all the volunteers, I have more vids to upload of the coming week for you to sit, enjoy and share with friends lets keep the HYPE for epic.15 HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!! 

Agreed Matt_2k34. The staff really didn't have a good time this event with the problems they were faced with.

GG guys and keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

I was waiting on the survey and Elsie's inevitable 'Good, Bad and Ugly' thread to give feedback but it was an excellent weekend and I'm really grateful to the staff who make it all happen.

One of these days I'll give something back and volunteer to help out but until then my thanks will have to do!

• Like 4

Just now I'm lost for words so a big thanks will have to do and hope to see you at elite.

• Like 1

I was waiting on the survey and Elsie's inevitable 'Good, Bad and Ugly' thread to give feedback but it was an excellent weekend and I'm really grateful to the staff who make it all happen.

One of these days I'll give something back and volunteer to help out but until then my thanks will have to do!

mark [at] epiclan.co.uk :P

• Like 1

Surprised there's not been a GBU thread already! Anyway, the survey should be coming soon, we were just a bit busy with late finishing tournament finals to get the survey finished in time for the end of the event, then there was packdown and transporting everything back to Stoke. We'll definitely have it up soon though, the survey feedback is some of the most useful we get.

I keep meaning to do one, sorry! I'he been cream crackered since the weekend; not even put my PC back together. I will get one posted tonight!

• Like 1

Guest HazardWR

The guys in Lakeside whilst very green (Pun intended!) were excellent and a good giggle.

Ha.

Guys - in the toilet rankings , the numbers go a bit awry for the ratings.  Didn't think I'd be spotting that one...

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter