Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

flibblesan

Fantastic event!

Just arrived home and I have to say that the event was fantastic. I really enjoyed the games I played and the atmosphere was friendly and amazing. Now I'm looking forward to epic.THREE

Great job staff!

apart from the epic power failure it was a perfect event :) look forward to how epic 3 is set up!

Guest MadOne

Yes, it was good :)

However I think any of the competition games should be played on a dedicated server hosted by the staff :)

That being said, I will be at the next event assuming that I can book the time off, and I'll find that out tomorrow :)

Guest daftchip

every l4d game we played in the tourney were fine hosted on my machine, just remember to close DC++

Guest bright_

Event was great, i'll say what power problems? ;p . The two things I thought was the volume of the music at times (not all the time) was a bit too loud, especially late at night when quiet would be good. Also if a l4d tournament is run, turn it down a bit for that!.

The second thing is moar big games, I know its a social lan but I found myself playing single player games or just watching stuff off my harddrive because there weren't many games going. Do a structure like Approx 11am Battlefield 2 server up for big game or something, would be good and leave us to our devices the rest of the time :)

I loved the random 80s switch we somehow got on our row too, but quickly sorted :D

Guest timmy

yeah i agree with bright.. the lan was great but lacked a bit of big game structure :P

The good:

Atmosphere and attitudes

l4d tourney (it'd be nice to see a diagram somewhere so you could see other folks results)

Music/dj

691 down

BBQ

Was fun :)

my UPS <3

The bad:

1590.2 up (that's 22/h every hour at the lan :o)

Couldn't find a list of achievements so I couldn't really look at whoring the list

hunt was too hard - more questions but easier plz!

100mb uplinks between tables

Good Lan, enjoyed the weekend.

Good Stuff

Atmosphere

Set Up

Venue (now gone :(.)

Console corner.

Bad Stuff

Hunt, too hard for people working alone, (the guys around my area didnt want another team member)

Still dont know what Pens Down is.

Lack of big games, Cod 4/5, Battlefield series. A big TDM UT2K4 wudda been cool.

L4Dead is ace but its 4 or 8 people.

On th ewhole tho, a good Lan. Spose im gettin too old for it tbfh.

See ya at i37.

Guest timmy

GOOD: Werewolves... loved that game :D

thanks to inferno for hosting!

It will be done, probably tomorrow though, we need some sort of sleep!

Excellent event as usual guys. Won't bother with good & bad as there wasn't any bad but a few notable mentions to the L4D tourney, DJEpic (much better sound system than last time), brekky of win, OMGWTFBBQ & Murray for being his usual awesome self and sorting the F1 streaming on the projector :)

Spose im gettin too old for it tbfh

Mwahahaha - you're never too old!! Second in the pub quiz and won the L4D tourney and I'm older than Haden's mum ffs!

(Winbar I still want my bonus quiz point for being alive when Apollo 11 landed on the moon! :P )

Guest SBB

Good event over all, however there were a few downsides for me.

The tables and chairs were very uncomfortable, it's been mentioned before though and nothing was changed so I wont bother going on about it again, I remember them being better at uttox anyway ..

Network problems are fair enough, I run lans and it's just "one of those things" so I sympathise but you need to make sure the network is set up ok, for instance our switch had 100mb uplink at the start of the lan, which was a bit rubbish ... if you were going to do that you should limit the client sockets to 10mb, slow but good enough for gaming, would not result in us getting 800 ping due to 2 or 3 people file sharing. But then the switch was swapped for one with a gig link, which begs the question why we didnt have that in the first place?! Problems were dealt with though and everyone was kept well informed so fair play, and the network ran smoothly from friday onwards. Internet connection was spot on so well done in that respect.

Power was OK for us, been issues in the past, same this lan for some people, venue isnt being used any more so no worries, dont remember any problems at uttox so all good ...

Little to no organised games was the main issue for me, there were a few but i would've liked more, most people just spent the entire lan sitting around downloading "linux images".

Music/lights were OK, a bit loud at certain points, not the worst ever ... wouldnt miss it though if im honest ....

All in all a fun event, hopefully see you at the next one!

good stuf as usual

pros

people played crysis wars with me! :D

Q showing me that its fun to go sideways in GRiD

driving about with Jay in GTR:EVO

BBQ

"the captain is talking"

bad

noisy fuckers in the sleeping area snoring like they're choking on thier tongues, ear buds did nothing!

my thighs are sore from sliding my G25 around in GRID constantly :(

Cannot wait for the video and photo compos to be put online!

only 2 people entered the video comp :P

Guest timmy

maybe you could have a prize consisting of a pack of biscuits :) !!

ALL VOTE FOR DAFTCHIPS MOVIE, IT ROCKS... MONNNOORRAAILLLLLLLL

Little to no organised games was the main issue for me, there were a few but i would've liked more, most people just spent the entire lan sitting around downloading "linux images".

Plenty of games were organised. counter-strike, TF2, UT, UT2004, L4D to name a few.

Oh well, can't be expected to please everyone I guess.

Guest MadOne

If I hadn't been playing L4D so much I'd have started a server up for BF2. I was hoping there would be a game going but never noticed one.

There's always next time. As for Crysis Wars, would have loved to join in on that but I didn't think anyone ever played it so I never brought it with me!!

On another note, big thanks to all the Staff for making this possible :)

(and for putting out that childish announcement) :P

(Winbar I still want my bonus quiz point for being alive when Apollo 11 landed on the moon! :P )

I'm owed quite a few then as I was alive when the Saturn 1 rockets were being tested! (Precursor to the Apollo series..) :P

Guest timmy

The only game of counterstrike source i played was on matthabs server with like 4 other people... shame i couldnt shoot more heads :D

Enjoyed meeting new people.. even though i am a 'tad' bit shy haha :P

To add to SBB's rant: the chairs were very uncomfortable, next time i may have to strap my big comfy chair to the roof of my car!

Id also like to thank the staff for a great lan! thanks <3

Guest bright_
[

Plenty of games were organised. counter-strike, TF2, UT, UT2004, L4D to name a few.

Oh well, can't be expected to please everyone I guess.

He means the same as I mentioned, there were a few shout outs for big games, but not as many as he would have liked. I personally wouldn't have called it plenty, hence me putting down for moar big games. Better atmosphere when you have most of the lan in a game imo :)

Totally agree, fab event. Thanks Winbar, Team and Everyone else.

I could critise but honestly I think it would just be nit picking. Afterall the simple truth of the matter is that I doubt I would have been able to do better.

It was epic and I'm sure the next one will be just as good, if not better.

I'd like to see everyone that wants to, put their name into a hat, and random teams drawn for a BIG lan game, like UT2k4, or BF2/2142. 20v20 sort of thing. That's what I've missed at last lans. (Not meaning Epic as it was my first.)

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter