Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic.QUIZ - Feedback Thread

Thank you to everyone who took part in the quiz. I'm sure you can imagine that it takes a lot of work to compile this and hopefully those who were at epic.ONE will see some of the improvements made, but we want to make it even better, so let us know what you think here.

From our point of view, we really enjoyed running it for you, especially some of the banter going on.

I'll get the individual round results posted onto the main website for you shortly so you can see how teams did on each round.

Guest timmy

For the next event i'd suggest turning the sound up a bit, it was quite hard to hear the questions at times. <3

Hai Winbar,

Really enjoyed the quiz again and can see that alot of work had gone into it.

My only major concern is the length - it seemed a bit long.

Suggestions:

You have powerpoint, and we had a screen at each end. Please put the questions on the screens! You could even have "last 3 questions" underneath the current question...

The "one guess only" round was also good

By the time teams had actually got themselves sorted at the start to be fair it only ran for 90 mins, some of you played longer L4D games than that!!!

As for sound quality - see the main feedback thread, we'll be fixing that. It wasn't a volume issue it was an issue with the mixer so if we'd turned it up more you wouldn't have heard because of the interference coming from somewhere else in the system.

Guest daftchip

only thing i can say is that it was too hard this time...

and im pissed off about the RA2!!!! music :) jokes

Round 9 was a bitch. However, Swyft did warn me pre-Quiz. Idylla is correct that it took a long time but it was still enjoyable. I'm surprised there wasn't a question about Swine Flu! :P

I was going to ask about the number of infections but they've been increasing since I wrote the question - I had to swap it out!

Really enjoyed it even though we messed up at the end and lost our lead :(

My one complaint was the catchphrase round (sorry Swyft, no offence). The problem wasn't the difficulty but the fact that quite a few of them were ambiguous, particularly the "caught red handed" one where "netbook" also fitted perfectly and at least two teams had put down.

We also had "taking candy from a baby" for the kitkat one which also fitted the picture pretty much perfectly.

Difficulty isn't an issue, ambiguity is.

Vertigo1, we had the same answers; we had netbook and like taking candy from a baby.

So frustrating!

tbh remark and give mine + vertigos team the win plx.

Was so funny evicting Vardy from our team so we could have Murray!

Guest timmy

our team got... 'caught up in a good book' which to be fair i thought was an excellent answer!!!

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter