Sign in to follow this  
Winbar

epic.HUNT - Feedback Thread

Another epic.HUNT that again we really enjoyed putting together and working with you to get through it!

We took on board a number of suggestions from the first one, still some things I'd like to improve on like clarifying the team play elements and building in better team support.

There have been plenty of questions about the difficulty, but again it took place in the amount of time we expected it to and it's not supposed to be easy! It is designed to be cryptic, use lateral thinking, use technical knowledge and skills, the non-cryptic bit of the event is the pub quiz :P

We can look at how the questions ramp up in difficulty throughout out and rebalance some of them, but like I said to the team, it's very difficult to work back from the concept to see how people are going to tackle each question, in some cases, you either get it or you don't!

Solutions will be posted soon for those wondering what was going on in the questions!

1) I loved how epic the last question was, can we also have an epic ending question for part 1? Even if it is easier...

2) If you're going to use co-ordinates do it properly damnit.

3) <3 boxowin

4) Head start P2 = nice idea

5) I hate resistors

6) Make sure in a quiz where everything is about hidden data and the unobvious that you don't leave a bunch of hexadecimal digits in the comments tag of an MP3. Damn that was annoying.

7) Difficulty seemed almost right

8) TBH, I'd rather see some more comic prizes than tickets to the next LAN, especially when you have a team as big as ours taking place. I personally loved my bouncy ball prize, until I broke it an hour later.

Idylla, I still have the one I took away from Riot before he decided to break a window. He didn't, but could have done!

Hunt was harder in my opinion than epic.ONE, where I said in that feedback I couldn't help whatsoever. I just managed to get a grasp on the Monopoly question with Omni, of which was awesome teamwork.

I just sadly don't have the right brains for these sort of hunts :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter