Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic.FIFTEEN - Bar and Catering Feedback

The team here at KCC are keen to hear your feedback on the bar and catering throughout the weekend on here so they can keep improving, please do let them know what you think (good or bad) throughout the weekend so there's chance to make changes as we go! 

Guest Oblivion

Had the Lasagne, it was pretty good.  A little steep for £5.00 but I'm from up north where everything is cheaper. Would eat again.

burger and chips were pretty good. would be amazeballs if the bar in lakeside was open so I could be a lazy arse and didn't have to walk upstairs every time i wanted a pint though

• Like 2

Burger was ace, being able to help myself to much salad was good too.

EDIT:  Oh and the Ale is spot on so far, thanks!

Edited by M0RT

Ale has as always been spot on. I am missing Hoptrotter Best though :(

Chicken burger was way to small for £2.30 compared to the beef which is the same price but was very tasty.

I must admit the quality of sausage at this event is great. I did find that the bacon was overly salty this time.

Edited by gunmens
  • Like 2

I must admit the quality of sausage at this event is great

This is the highest praise possible

Had the lasagne last night and the breakfast today.

Lasagne was good, tasty, generous. Salad option nice touch :+1:

Breakfast was great and tasty. Some of the bacon was a touch hard but that's down to me getting it 15min before you stop serving.

However, the coffee... oh god the coffee. Has it been stewing for three days already? It's bitter, no taste of coffee, basically tastes like the bottom of a filter :(

I don't expect an espresso machine but Nescafe in a jar would be far better....

Had the lasagne last night and the breakfast today.

Lasagne was good, tasty, generous. Salad option nice touch :+1:

Breakfast was great and tasty. Some of the bacon was a touch hard but that's down to me getting it 15min before you stop serving.

However, the coffee... oh god the coffee. Has it been stewing for three days already? It's bitter, no taste of coffee, basically tastes like the bottom of a filter :(

I don't expect an espresso machine but Nescafe in a jar would be far better....

You can get some Nescafe from the epic.SHOP if you would prefer it. 

Coffee overpriced @ 1.50 and mine was lukewarm.

Food is ok though. Will eat again.

Does epic coffee come with epic milk?

Bring back the sachets of Mayo, just asked for the bowl to be changed because it looked like cottage cheese figured it was too hot for mayo to be standing out all day, New bowl came out I was told fresh from the fridge and it still looked questionable, better but questionable. plumbed for a blob of tomato from the dispenser instead. 

If you bring the sachets back a couple of options would be good like salad cream and maybe mustard for when the hot dogs are on the menu - sad to see they had run out tonight. :(

Was disappointed that they had run out of hot dogs today (Friday) for lunch so I settled for some snacky stuff I'd brought with me. It was only about 1.30pm when I went up.

Note to self: Get up there bang on 12.30pm to be in with a chance of one :)

think they must have run out full stop then which makes me sad however breakfast was delish again this morning :)

think they must have run out full stop then which makes me sad however breakfast was delish again this morning :)

The Sausage was a little over done today but was still a nice piece of meat for my mouth... :D

The Sausage was a little over done today but was still a nice piece of meat for my mouth... :D

04_-_pnltk.gif

• Like 4

Chips were shit today, although that has been out of the trend, in general very good so far.

Enjoyed the breakfast everyday so far this weekend portion sizes were perfect.

Shame the ale couldn't be put into pitches as I'd have probably bought more drinks.

I'm also missing that bit of interaction between us and the KCC here on the forums

Other than that it's been wicked

Had the hotdog on Thursday which was fine!. Friday i had Chicken burger which was a little small for what I paid.

Breakfast Text book again this morning! Thanks KCC! might I add the lady serving is a delight. Smiley friendly and chatty.

Hey KCC - Par from one take away I had last night - I've spent most of the weekend using the catering.

Breakfast has been great each time, as mentioned prior the sausage has been on point (Pun definitely intended). All round good job. The other nights I feasted on beef / chicken burger and chips.

Par from some dodgey chips on the Friday night (I think) I really want to thank those involved in the operation of feeding all us hungry nerds.

As always bar staff were excellent.

Cheers. 

I have had one meal each day from the venue and for variety one from the takeaways, nothing against the food here, just something different.  The food I ate here was very tasty and a decent portion each and every time.  Coffee is still ridiculous price for the quantity and quality, but the food is great and a not-unreasonable price.

I've used the catering at least once every day.  Echoing what's been said previously, breakfast was spot on!  Hotdogs were good too, but only managed to get on on Thursday, they were all out after that.

Overall food was tasty and reasonably priced-- Except for charging £1.50 for orange juice! D:

Both catering and bar staff were very friendly!

Hi Guys hope you have had a great LAN just to let you know that the catering will be closing today at 2.30pm.  A big thanks to all of you who ate our food over epic.FIFTEEN

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter