Winbar

epic.FIFTEEN - Bar and Catering Feedback

I ate from the event for every meal and food was good, for the most part, found the chips to be a little inconsistent. the chicken to be very small for the price, not to mention very dry. The rice was spot on for this event, which made me very happy. the only thing i would ask, is more variety in the menu, its the same every event. the bar staff were brilliant as ever, would like to see more smiles from the sweetie with the dark hair and tattoos though, but he is always chatty and friendly....looking forward to the next event. thanks KCC 

Food has been great all event and the staff on both food and bar have been amazing.

Its really great to see KCC and Epic working together so well to produce these events which i think are amazing.

• Like 2

I had an idea for a menu option would the Chefs be able to mass produce fajita filling and then serve with a few nachos and a couple of tortillas?? one idea i had

• Like 2

The food was great as ever, breakfast each morning was perfect. Only down side of the big breakfast pre-order is having to pay £1 for a cup of tea, it would be nice to see this included or the price of tea/coffee being dropped down to 20-50p maybe.

Edited by domuk

Had the big breakfast everyday and after leas than 5 hours sleep a night it was the one thing that made me get up! Awesome stuff and the best way to start a LAN day. On sat I had a plate of cheesy chips (don't tell the Mrs!) which were some of the best I have ever had being lovely and crispy.

As for the bar, I thought the prices were fair and the staff (like all the KCC staff) were fun to be with.

• Like 1

My past complaints have been on dried out rice and small coffee.  The rice was fine this weekend, just need to work on the size of that coffee.

Other than that, the food was great :)

The rice was much better this event, really enjoyed the chilli!

Love the bar staff as always. Sorry you all have to stare at us admins all weekend.

To echo my comments from the feedback form; some sandwich options for a lighter lunch would be nice -- I think all you'd need would be some sliced ham and sliced chicken (maybe quorn slices for veggies?) and then we can put some of that in a roll with some salad and have lunch.

You should also see if Costa would do a rental of one of their "express" machines (http://www.costa.co.uk/business/costa-express/) or similar to give some real coffee. Failing that, train one of your staff to operate an espresso machine. Guarantee it'd make the rental cost over the weekend.

A further option would be to get (or rent; see https://www.nespresso.com/pro/uk/en/pages/office) pod-style coffee machine which with the touch of a button can make a latte or an espresso or a black coffee. Charge £2 for it or something (pods are like 30p) and make bank.

Yes, I like coffee. :D

Edited by kalleth
  • Like 2

Coffee seems to be a big thing for people these days and I do think this needs to be looked into further.

• Like 1

A further option would be to get (or rent; see https://www.nespresso.com/pro/uk/en/pages/office) pod-style coffee machine which with the touch of a button can make a latte or an espresso or a black coffee. Charge £2 for it or something (pods are like 30p) and make bank.

Yes, I like coffee. :D

I believe the arena sports/gym bars have these as well. I'd definitely like more coffee options :D

Due to being a bit of a fussy bugger, I didn't eat that much from the catering - but - the breakfast was spot on the two times I had it, and the chips were lovely :)

Also, the staff on there were fantastic!

I had an idea for a menu option would the Chefs be able to mass produce fajita filling and then serve with a few nachos and a couple of tortillas?? one idea i had

Just to chip in on this; this would also make it easier for someone like myself. If cheese is something you add on after, and you do a veggie only option :)

Very convenient.

My first meal was a veggie burger with cheese and chips. Had to go away and come back. Came back every 5 minutes until it was done. Took over 30 minutes. Slightly frustrating - would have been nice to have been told how long it was going to take up front. 

My second meal was a veggie burger with cheese and chips. Was given a veggie burger with cheesy chips. They were so proud that I didn't have to wait this time that I didn't have the heart to ask them to change it.

I also tried the veggie chilli and the some of the breakfast items. They were fine. 

Would have liked to eat something other than just burgers, chips and chilli - but as takeaway is available so it's covered.

The mix and match fajita idea is interesting though, probably easy for them to do I presume.

One of the staff commented that she had been there since 7 am. I know I'm not around at 7 am, but isn't the LAN usually dead until 10 am?  Perhaps look at potentially shifting the catering hours so that it starts later but ends later also? or is there a huge early breakfast crowd that I'm unaware of?

Guest enbydee

One of the staff commented that she had been there since 7 am. I know I'm not around at 7 am, but isn't the LAN usually dead until 10 am?  Perhaps look at potentially shifting the catering hours so that it starts later but ends later also? or is there a huge early breakfast crowd that I'm unaware of?

They start at 7 (or before) to open at 8. A fair few had eaten before 9 when it starts to pick up.

Yeah, particularly those who have tournament matches kicking off at 9/10 as they'll eat then go to practice/discuss matches etc, plus quite a few staff members up at that time too. 

• Like 1

Also some of the epic team eat before 9 as they start working at 9 onwards (if not already working)

Edited by gunmens
  • Like 1

Alas, I was up early a couple of mornings because I couldn't sleep and other reasons.  A good bit of sausage was very welcome at 8.30am.

• Like 1

Breakfast was absolutely brilliant as always (and it's nice to save the pennies with the ticket).

However my biggest gripe was the fact that the chips were rather dodgy over the weekend, although the Chicken Burger was incredibly nice.

Lastly on the bar.... the staff were once again a pleasure to have (TOP BANTER) with and talk with.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter