Welcome to epic.Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

reech

Minecraft Realms Stuff

82 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been able to set up a Minecraft Realms server thanks to a promotional token for some stuff I did a couple of years back, that we no longer talk about.

Minecraft Realms is the built-in Minecraft server setup that Mojang released over the last year-and-a-bit.  It doesn't offer the fantastic array of addons and improvements that a Bukkit server has, but it does allow me to host 3 different worlds (only one accessible at a time) as well as temporarily swap out the server for some minigames.  Backups also seem to be taken at least once every day in case of hideous explosive horror.

I'll be setting up a place that is survival, no handout items, and just allowing all to dig and build around the place.  I've got 3 worlds set up, and will rotate these every so often.

Realms has a whitelist type system where up to 20 users can be listed, but only 10 can play at a time.

If you want on, please let me know your Minecraft username in this thread, and I'll add you on.  Once added on, you should see Beyond Redfields as an option in the 'Minecraft Realms' section of Minecraft.  You may have to click the 'pending invitiations' box at the top of the screen once I've added you.  Make sure you're running the most recent version of Minecraft.

Rule type stuff:

i) Have fun

ii) Don't be an ass  (there's currently no protection on buildings and so on, deliberate breakage and asshattery will result in me just removing said asshat from the whitelist)

iii) See rule i .

Map as at Saturday 15 August (11:30)

Overview

There's a village just to the west of spawn point - Reech has built an extra house there that can be used to shelter the nights in.  Village is a bit unkempt - weeds every where - and has a pretty nasty underground zombie issue.  Reech has tried to seal the buggers away, but some of them still get out.  It's going to take some work to make this place safe at night.

To the east is a Temple....and that's about it for now.  Everything else is up for grabs. No idea what's lurking behind that tree over there.

Whitelist (10 August, 17:30)

nivek3k

JoeShow

eM_

froggy911 (beej)
leftone
LZStealth

This isn't official epic stuff in any way shape or form, so if it's not appropriate, please whisk this thread away.  And since I'm not an official epic.person anything that I do for looking after the server is nothing to do with the epic team who have more than enough drama to deal with!

Edited by reech
1 person likes this

I'll look to open things up around 8pm tonight (Sunday 9 August).  Will probably need to recruit people to help build a decent spawn area welcome place.

Up and running - I'm clearing up the spawn village, and making a path over there.  I've sorted out a map (not an amazing live one, sadly) that I'll update every couple of days.

I've added all request-peoples to this point as well.  Back to the highways maintenance...

LZStealth

I've also got a few things that might be worth adding into your world from building such as some large-scale guardian and iron farms. Happy to show you ofc :)

My world examples Here

Edited by LZStealth

Added:
froggy911 (beej)

leftone
LZStealth

May not be around much myself today, but find spots and dive into places - whether nearby the starter village or elsewhere.
Edited by reech

Day 2, and reech hasn't managed to top dying by chasing a bunny over the edge of the inconvenient canyon in the middle of Spawn Village.

eM_ continues to make it rain, leftone is building village defences, and LZStealth is doing... something.

Map updated at http://redfields.untrodroad.co.uk

I'll stick a spawn one up now, can always take it down again if its in a poo place.

Well they maybe be a slight linking issue atm! 

Who builds their nether portal in a cave system!!

Edited by eM

Well that's not me! I'll re-activate mine later to see if they link and sort mine out then. Hopefully you didn't come out where mine did in the nether.

That sounds near mine then. I'll com help sort some portals out later so they're linking properly anyway :)

Cool. I'm going have one more go moving this one to the actual village and if that fails rage quit! :)

Edit: Failed like 4 biomes away, I'll leave it for you to sort LZ.

Edited by eM

It's linking to the first built portal as its withing 1000 blocks. This can be changed by forcing it to link to a portal in the nether with the correct co ordinates.

Map updated - and thanks to LZStealth's tips on the mapping tool, I've now included the nether map.  I'll keep tweaking it every now and then.

Will be on later - don't forget that those who are unafraid to have voice, you can use the epic teamspeak server and pop over to the Minecraft channel where you can here me swear in five different languages when I plummet to my death down yet another canyon.

1 person likes this