Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
AcheaShadow

New graphics card - recommendations please!

Hey all,

Looking for some advice / recommendations for a new graphics card, basically my trusted GTX670 is dying, the fan is going nuts and it's running at around 80c in Heroes of the Storm and a benchmarking tool pushed it to 95c before crashing the poor thing.  The noise from it when I play Rust also brings a lot of complaints from house-hold members. I've had it for over 3 years now so I think it's time to let go.

Because it came with my PC it seems to be an unbranded jobby so I suspect heatsink needs new thermal paste but seeing as it is a little out-dated now I want to upgrade.

I want to stick with nVidia as I prefer their cards , I have a budget of around £100-£150 for a new card, what can you recommend for me? Please include links :)

Cheers!

I'm on my mobile at the moment so can't find anything specific but when I look for a new gfx card I always look at TomsHardware gfx charts to make sure I'm getting the best performance for my money.

Would you mind letting us know of a budget or price bracket you have in mind

Between £100-£150

I'm on my mobile at the moment so can't find anything specific but when I look for a new gfx card I always look at TomsHardware gfx charts to make sure I'm getting the best performance for my money.

Cheers, I'll have a look at that

R9 380 or GTX 960.  Take your pick on either, they are both around £150 if you look in the right places.

Would prefer to stay with nVidia :)

Go 960 love mine!

Second vote for the 960!  Any particular model/brand and is it overclockable?

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter