Good

- LAN staff. Super organised and eventful LAN

- Clan box, a nice way to spend a LAN

- Weather!

- Ye-hah burger discoveries

- My LANbuddies :)

- Costume competition fun

- Ibb and fucking Obb

- Community workshop, was nice to see how much people care. Also yay for more ladies loos!!

Bad

- Some of the catering, nuff said.

- Not being able to play Sonic! Though lovely staff did try to help us!

- No board game area. Boo!

Ugly

- Trying to clean my beard off!!

Amazing LAN. Cant wait to come back <3

• Like 2

The Good;

- Set up and pack down banter.

- Gumpster getting stuck in the lift.

- The costume competition, really hope this grows over future events.

- Fizzy vimto getting me through the weekend.

- Hearing loads of positive things from attendees :)

The Bad;

- Catering wasn't great IMO. There's only so many burger and chips a girl can take!

- Little bit of attitude regarding staff asking to see wristbands. It's for all the right reasons guys!

The Ugly;

- Sleeping room naughtiness. FOR SHAME!

- The lovely display of someone's breakfast in one of the sinks on Sunday morning.

- LAN plague hitting Portland pretty hard.

Overall, really enjoyed the event. Staffing is, again, a pleasure and well worth it. Go team!

This was my first epic and I really enjoyed the whole weekend.

The Good

- The venue and layout.

- Decent food, breakfast was nice.

- Friendly staff.

- All the Big games and Fun tournaments.

- The casting of some of the Big games was a nice touch.

- Costume competition. (Jay and Silent Bob were great)

- DJ Fly Tipping.

- Winning stuff. (Thank you)

The Bad

- Lack of food options.(Something a little healthier would of been nice)

- Female toilets being made into male toilets.(I understand why)

- Males using the new singular female toilet.(Just take all our toilets!)

The Ugly

- Me after 5 pints.

Big thanks to all the staff for a great lan. We'll hopefully be back next year!

Edited by eM
  • Like 4

The Bad

- Female toilets being made into male toilets.(I understand why)

- Males using the new singular female toilet.(Just take all our toilets!)

YES! The loos were a bit of a pain but we brought it up in the community meeting and was told that next time they reckon they will leave us more loos! :D

• Like 1

The Good;

- Gumpster getting stuck in the lift.

I want to know MOAR!!! :D

• Like 3

I want to know MOAR!!! :D

Me and Danielle were having a nice chat with him whilst he was putting chairs in the lift during pack down. Next thing you know, all we can hear is "NO NO NO...FOR FUCKS SAKE LIFT". It was rather entertaining

• Like 2

THE GOOD

- DJ Fly Tipping

- Weather!

- 404 BBQ

- All the Big games and Fun tournaments.

- Costume competition.

- Thursday Cards Against Humanity(thank you everyone who played)

- Pub quiz(return of drawing round as a main round)

- the music selection(keep working on it guys)

- breakfast

- both lan shops(the one in the gallery and the clothing one on-line)

THE BAD

- lunch/dinner menu(im not one for burger or vegi burger)

- satuday,s Cards against humanity(doesnt work with 1 player) :(

- no lan dad

THE UGLY

- EPIC bunny nicking my laptop all event to watch the big screen :-P

- me forgetting the controls on S.S.B.

• Like 3

The Good:

- Winning the Rocket League Fun Torny :D

- Portland being the casual room again

- Staff being on par with the banter

- John Cena

- WHAT AREE THOOOOSSEEEE

- DJ Fly Tipping. Such a sweet once again

- Opening Ceremony & Joes video were ace. Speed Runners(?) was a great choice of game too

- KCC Bar staff (as usual tbf) ... poor ol' Max Branning

- The internet being solid as soon as I was set up just as it was at 15. Super good work guys.

- Costume competition, would be great to see this come back

The Bad:

- My ears bleeding out from all the EDM. I spoke with Hayden and I know the music scripts were busted, but god damn. Hayden did a good job of manually making sure there was a decent bit of Rock/Metal/Hip-hop etc after I had a word though, which was ace.

- I know it was a fun torny, but with prizes on the line and to the fairness of all those taking part, the allowing of spawn killing in the TF2 game was awful and should have had admin intervention. Also 2Fort was a terrible map choice, dustbowl would have been much better. Also a 1v1 face off for the decider of 3rd place was lame. TF2 isn't balanced around 1v1 and especially when one of the players is using The Black Box as Soldier. That is just pure chedder.

The Ugly:

- KCC being total flaps over the milk, still astounded that they cared so much

- Catering: I love the chilli usually, but this year the rice was naff, the chilli was good but I got like a whole 6 nachos when in the past they've given a good bloody portion.

- Catering: Cold Burgers

- Catering: Chips were dry and not always hot, this was also a problem at 15.

If I'm totally honest I felt EPIC & the atendees were some kind of unwanted burden on the KCC staff this time round. At 13 and 14 they were great, 15 they were ok but 16 I felt so much hostility from them, especially the older lady (I think she might be the catering manager?) really weird, and not cool.

All in all another great event and I cannot wait for 17.

Edited by lyang
  • Like 1

princess_zpss7zlu5g4.gif

Not sure which category this falls into? 

Only joking, you're lovely Princess :) x

Edited by gitsie
hilarity?
  • Like 3

The GOOD

- Epic Staff were awesome as always, getting to know some of you guys by first names really ups the intimacy of the event

- KCC bar staff always deserve there honourable mention

- rocket league tournament needs its fixed position in the epic line up, nuff said. 

- gang beast returning to my monitor for the first time in a while, the buggy unstable version proved hilariously good fun.

- second in the pub quiz was well earned.

-4 litres of booze in one afternoon, 

- weather was exceptional for the time of year

- john cena's theme controversially  becoming the unofficial theme for epiclan 

- getting leftys feedback on the pinball machine was great. should be building a new one in time for the spring.

The Bad

- KCC catering kind of felt like a weakness at the event. i know this was mentioned at the community meet.

- less football inside the halls please guys. 

- camp site proved holes proved deadly to me all weekend. and me being me i fell in every one of those damn holes.

- the community meeting over ran into the delivery of pizza's from pizza hut which lead to a tough choice between politely leaving the meeting and getting hot food. stomach naturally won in the end. 

The Ugly 

-Weirdly for me i can't think of any. a first for sure

My Two Cents

overall i think a hugely successful first Autumn Lan for epic i'm sure you'll all agree, its nice not to have an event in the deepest of winter, as the weather proved it can still hold up into early October, none the less it was ace. 

also not gonna lie, the community forum Saturday evening was by far one of my favourite experiences at epic. being able to voice my thoughts in front of everyone and also having an insight into others issues, can only be good for the event as a whole. we felt welcome there and able to vent. it was funny too. boy is the pokemon guy desperate to get the game into the event too,  and UT Dude couldn't wait to play again with an improved rotation, i was glad to see passion is still there for the true meaning of LAN.

• Like 4

(GBU from a staffing perspective)

The Good

-New additions to the team - Meant a smooth build, even if I did have to lift some tables ;)

-Speedrunners @ the opening ceremony - Was a bit different and thought it went well - Hopefully we will see more from those guys in future events

-Central Stream - For me the central stream (Gallery Stream) was alot more what I wanted it to be this event than the last - Kudos to Haden and Murray on Audio and Production throughout the event. Lots of things like this don't always get recognised so cheers guys!

-Pub Quiz - First time on the panel this event, it also felt like a decent length this time (Didn't drag on)

-Bar staff - Being a quieter event I was able to spend more time at the bar this time

-Playing in more of the fun-games

-Quiplash until 3am.

-Rocket League - Casting and playing it.

-The amazing community that attend our events that make it all oh so worth it.

- Community forum - Was really awesome to see so many of you attend.

The network / Internet

- New Fair Isle layout

The Bad

- Dorm beds - I was on top bunk, first night had no ladder, also fearing for my life as it didn't have a 'side' (I don't know if they were all like this?)

- Catering variety - Seeing as i'm sat next to them for most of the event I did get to know a few of the guys on there. One of the lads loves our events and I even quote "this event is my jam", but with a whole combination of everything else mentioned sadly it goes down as a bad. I do hope we can turn this around as we go into next year

The Ugly

- Having to do a mass cleanup of the Gallery Saturday evening as alot of people can't seem to manage to tidy simple things i.e pizza boxes in bins, plates left on tables etc 

- Gumpster - Enuf said

- Having to nap on Friday afternoon due to being old and tired

- Saturday afternoon - Having downed approx 5 Jager bombs by 1:30PM

- The pasting I recieved from eM on TF2. 

In Summary a great event for us and I heard alot of positive feedback throughout the event and I hope this continues into 2016, also refreshing to see more and more LAN'ers giving our event a try instead of other alternatives out there.

As always there's alot to improve on and I welcome a bit of a break between now and our February event next year. Hopefully catch some of you at a Lite or something =)

The Good

Breakfast was ace

All of the staff (old and new) were awesome and full of banter

Portland had an amazing atmosphere the whole event

Finally finding a place on just eat that doesn't give you liquid ass

Beating Winbar's team at beer pong

The internet

John Cena

The Smash Bros Tournament running well

Playing so much Unturned again (I love that game)

Community workshop (with a free pint)!

The Bad

The cutlery fiasco

Never being able to get the air con quite right in Portland

Constant Nurf dart pummelings by Nivek

The Ugly

Someone repainting the toilets on Saturday night but not with paint

This:

princess_zpss7zlu5g4.gif

Edited by Beej
  • Like 2

The Bad

- Dorm beds - I was on top bunk, first night had no ladder, also fearing for my life as it didn't have a 'side' (I don't know if they were all like this?)

I think the person below you was fearing for the their life ...

;):P

• Like 5

Guest Bragi

Good

Em after 5 Pints always fun :)

First time at epic was lots of fun

Watching Em, Rab and Harisma in the rocket League.

Having some of my friends attend there first lan event.

Costume comp and the pub quiz was a lot of fun (Not sure how bad we did)

Epic staff on the door asking to see wrist bands always smiling (Always good to see)

Breakfast Yum Enough said

Bar staff on the first night i didnt even have to order everytime i walked over the staff was already pulling my pint :)

Bad

The food was better on the friday than the saturday had a burger on the saturday and it was awful

(Perhaps a all day breakfast option may be good i know i would have had a bacon sarni late on in the afternoon/evening)
Me = Tight so the beer prices for me lol

Ugly

Not managing to get into more of the community games my own fault for not keeping track of the time
Some Taxi firms in Kettering not running 24 Hours so had to walk to hotel on first day at 4AM :(

Apart from all that had a real good time for my first Epic lan and looking forward to coming again

Me and Danielle were having a nice chat with him whilst he was putting chairs in the lift during pack down. Next thing you know, all we can hear is "NO NO NO...FOR FUCKS SAKE LIFT". It was rather entertaining

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

#When Gumpster got stuck in the lift shaft,
He began to shout:
“You girls and boys,
Won’t get any toys,
If you don’t pull me out!â€

“My pubes are black,
I've got a full sack,
My bum is starting to ache!â€

When Gumpster got stuck in the lift shaft,
“F**k Sake, F**k Sake, F**k Sake!â€
  • Like 4

Good
Werewolves games and getting new players - soup and my BF to name a few

Starting to test my new version of werewolves - seemed to go down well just needed further tweaking

Staff at KCC and Epic having great banter.

the 5 Jagerbombs on saturday before 1.30pm

Chili concarnie from the KCC. - This was great with chips and nachos and cheese

Breakfast from KCC

Nerf gun fight

actually playing a game at a LAN

Breaking KFC at the lan build. opps

Bad

The rest of the food from KCC and the bacon being saltier then doopz... I wouldn't mind waiting on food for it to be cooked fresh

I also feel there should be more choice. i would be happy with things like Jacket potato, Fajitas, Bangers (hehe) and mash etc i really think that this is an big area for improvement

Ugly
The LAN death i am currently suffering...

• Like 1

Good

Excellent fun, as ever - both on the social, casual and gaming side

The fun tourneys on the big screen (and yay, I won Lie Swatter!)

Console stuff - was fun having a Wii.

Werewolves - where I learnt if I shut my mouth, I live longer.

Quiz team Rebel Scum - thanks for letting me join in.

Confirming that Neon Rabbit is a boy, and Tardcommander is a girl. I am so ashamed!

Ozoro - for giving me a left there and back - that really helped out, and proved I can get there without causing horror.

Bad

The dorm beds that squawk like you're throttling a cat when you turn over - plus I found a bolt on the floor near mine...

Shower heads in the 'dorm' showers; they need descaling or replacing, 'cos I was having to dance around to catch water.  And that would not have been a pretty sight if anyone was watching.

Ugly

Has to be said - I feel that KCC really don't want to bother with catering any more.  At Fourteen I was really pleased with the food selection, quality and quantity.  This time round - apart from breakfast and quantity of food available - the selection and quality was awful, bearing in mind the price we're paying for food.  Come on KCC, you can do better than that.  Plus the milk-and-cutlery situation was bordering on silly 'mine!mine!mine!' level.

...and for those I spoke to about Minecraft, please visit this thread and remind me of your minecraft usernames if you want to join our realm, until Dunce manages to give birth to a new minecraft server!

Edited by reech
  • Like 2

Confirming...Tardcommander is a girl. I am so ashamed!

Still up for debate after seeing how good she looks with a beard tbh

• Like 2

• Similar Content

• By Mintopia
      Hi everyone! Please post any feedback or questions you have about the internal LAN, Internet connections or wireless for epic.THIRTEEN. We've already got some improvements planned for epic.FOURTEEN. Also, here's some basic stats for you!

Total Downloaded: 1.6TB Total Uploaded: 200GB Unique Devices on the LAN: 658 Steam Cache Downloaded: 334GB Steam Cache Uploaded: 1.15TB
    • By MRated
      Community Timetable - http://www.epiclan.co.uk/epic13/timetable

This thread is for the community timetable feedback during the event. If you do have any issues or compliments, please either let the team know at the time or post them here. We are always looking to improve the social side of the events, so any suggestions are appreciated

• By Squirrel
      Menu & Times - http://www.epiclan.co.uk/epic13/catering

This thread is for bar and catering feedback during the event. If you do have any issues or compliments, please either let the staff know at the time or post them here. It's far easier for us to improve things during the event rather than after.

The staff from Kettering Conference Centre will be monitoring the thread during the event.
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter